A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 300,874
Currently Running With Scissors:
628 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 41
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap Round 34 Gallery  (Read 33190 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

IchigoHeaven
« Reply #110 on: May 23, 2008 06:19:24 PM »

I got my package from Therisa I LOVE Everything thank you so much your AWESOME!
Knitting looms

Fab Fabric

More Fabric

This was a fabulous package thanks so much!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sunspotted
« Reply #111 on: May 23, 2008 06:35:00 PM »

This is going to be long.  Is everyone seated comfortably? 

My post mistress is an eBay addict.  So even though she doesn't understand swapping, she is fine with the concept of receiving multiple parcels from strangers around the world.  Today's delivery had her in a panic though.  "This one sounds broken and this one is leaking something..... what in the world??"  So I had to open my swap packages from educharme and calluna right in the middle of the post office.  It was a chaotic mess, let me tell you. 

First the package from educharme, who claimed me for a woodburning tool and some glass marbles.  She also threw in some adorable buttons (the green train is my favourite).  While I'm sure the package left Florida with everything neatly contained in ziploc bags, by the time it hit Canada, I believe the woodburning stand had ripped open the bags and everything was rolling around and sounding like broken pottery.   Shocked  It all survived though.  Except for the tea mentioned in her note.  That apparently decided to stay in Florida.  Smiley

My new woodburning tool and some very cute buttons.

A million gorgeous blue and white and silvery marbles.

There was also an unused flat rate envelope that I'm assuming was a mistake.  Since I can't use it in Canada, I'll send it along to whoever I next claim in the US.  Thanks for everything educharme.  I love my swap package. 

So that was the "broken" one, next we have the "leaking" package which was from calluna.   Grin  She claimed me for a long heat wrap, a birding journal and stuff for my deck.  The birding journal is so freaking cute.  She repurposed an old  "Birds in the Big Woods" book and added lined pages with little bird pictures.  Here's a closeup of the inside.

I also received two cool cat tea light holders (she says she's not a metal worker, so they are thrifted).  They are very cute and yet at the same time very confusing to my live cats who don't think we need any more animals in this household.  I agree, but make exceptions for the inanimate types.The heat wrap is filled with flax seed and lavender and I'm afraid the metal cats popped a couple of seams, so there is possibly a trail of flax seed back to California.  No worries, I saved the seeds from the bottom of the box and I shall sew it up ASAP.  Some did blow off the deck during picture time, so I may be growing my own flax soon.   Wink  Oh, calluna also included some fabulous piano music.  Here's an everything shot (except the heat wrap cover which I realize is not pictured).

Sorry my picture taking sucks so much.  Everything is wonderful ladies, I love it all, thank you both so much.

And now I have already written too much and can't comment on all the gorgous stuff posted before me.  But it's very awesome you crafty chicks. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Need something crocheted?  I'll swap amis, afghans, shawls or whatever for a box of yarn.  Smiley
AsphaltQueen
« Reply #112 on: May 23, 2008 06:38:55 PM »

That birding journal is so cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hngoodlett

I'm an Aunt Ralph!

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 23, 2008 06:42:31 PM »

I received my package from arwena a while back, but I just now got to check the mail. I got an incredible pincushion and some awesom earrings! I'll post pictures after weekend;I forgot my camera cord, and will have to do it on Monday when I get back!

Thanks so much arwena!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist!
http://www.wists.com/hngoodlett

50 in 2011
10/50
calluna
« Reply #114 on: May 23, 2008 07:09:07 PM »

Argh, I can't believe I didn't think about the metal tearing the seam!  I should've planned that one better, sorry. The cats were actually regifted items...(Shhh!)
Glad you like everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
sunspotted
« Reply #115 on: May 23, 2008 07:18:33 PM »

Regifting is very thrifty.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Need something crocheted?  I'll swap amis, afghans, shawls or whatever for a box of yarn.  Smiley
noxluff

Happy New Year! <3

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #116 on: May 23, 2008 08:31:22 PM »

I received from dianamariemtv today!  I didn't think it would get here so quickly so I was very excited and pleasantly surprised!

The card she sent... she wrote me a nice letter.  :3  The envelope there is actually stamped with a bird stamp she carved herself!

She sent me this adorable octopus embroidery.  It has a wire on the back so I can hang it!

A stamp carving kit!  It includes everything I need to start making my own stamps as seen in the picture.  I'm VERY excited about this and can't wait to get started on some stamp carvin'.  Cheesy

Thank you soooo much dianamariemtv!  I love it all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happy New Year!!!!  <3

God bless!
nofury

With every breath of honesty, I strip before you.

« Reply #117 on: May 23, 2008 10:13:25 PM »

Ok, two things here:

1. I'm SO jealous of the stamp kit!!! I've been to a couple of stores, and I can't even FIND anything!

2. There is nothing wrong with re-gifting. Smiley Why keep something you can't use when it can bring someone else joy? Even in OWS land, if I send you something that doesn't quite work for any reason, seriously, feel free to pass it on. I still helped you! I saved you a claim, partial claim or whatever. I would much rather my gift get used then sit around gathering dust out of guilt.

Someone on here had the best tag. Something to this effect:

If it's not beautiful or useful, it does not belong in your home.

I love that, and I hope to live it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2009! 26/50
Flickr!
Wist!
"We are all trapped in the amber of the moment. There is no why." --K. Vonnegut
Dulcinea
If you haven't grown up by the time you're 30, you don't have to!

faciō, ergo sum

« Reply #118 on: May 24, 2008 01:05:02 PM »

I received from sunspotted yesterday - and she said that the things she was trying out didn't work so well, so claimed me for some noro for the lizard ridge blanket instead - check this out... SIX skeins! (i only need like 7 and i have enough for the entire blanket!!)

Ally, thank you so much - this was FABULOUS!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Veni, Vidi, Velcro
I came, I saw, I stuck around

Taking a break from swaps to get some stuff under control.  Email if you need me.

Wists | Blog | Ravelry
stolendreams

I'm thinking we'll rise again

« Reply #119 on: May 24, 2008 01:32:04 PM »

I got my package from purpleone today and I am in LOVE with everything.
She claimed me for buttons, crochet hooks and fabric so imagine my surprise when I found not only those things but also magazines, beads, a pair of earrings AND a little panda for my grandmother.

A shot of everything

The awesome fabric. I've already been plotting what I'm going to do with it. (please excuse my jeans creeping into some photos)

Magazines, buttons, beads, and earrings.

The little panda (purpleone said she found it in a charity shop and remembered panda items had been on my list) which I gave to my grandmother this afternoon and completely made her day. I can't thank you enough for this purpleone, she'd had a bad few days and something as simple as that made her so much happier.
And finally a cat... oh wait I had him already. However I made the mistake of unpacking downstairs, I had quite a fight on my hands to get the box back Cheesy

Thank you so much for everything purpleone.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/stolendreams

Formerly known as risingphoenix
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 41 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sarah Beth Durst on Her Book Vessel
J.K. Rowling Launches Adult Debut Novel at London Event
The Cannibal Coincidence!
Kate Morton Introduces Her Novel The Secret Keeper
Michael Feinstein Plays "Love Is Here to Stay"
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Super Easy Peppermint Bark
Handmade Gift Ideas: Grey & Plum Button Wreath
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...