A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,740
Currently Running With Scissors:
600 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 32
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DIY Kit Swap Round 10 (Signups CLOSED....Sendouts extended.....7/14/08)  (Read 23659 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Holliewood
Directions? What directions?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2008 10:50:00 PM »

I just sent my info in...I've been looking for  swap like this!  I can sew, do melt and pour soap, crochet, and do shrinky dinks.  I would looooove to learn needle felting, resin casting, drop spindle spinning (I drool over the Fiber Friday board) or embroidery.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wisty goodness

You only live once, if you do it right, once is enough.---Mae West
Jessica.Marie
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2008 12:51:18 AM »

hey so idk if im gonna do this one.... the only things i can not figure out how to do would be resin or possibly soap making, which are the only things people seem to be interested in lol. so i probably wouldn't get it  Undecided

i could do a crochet, polymer clay, felt stuffies, tree of life pendants, origami, and tutu kit.

if someone is really interested in one i can do i might join just for them, but it doesn't seem like a lot of resin people are joining to teach us newbies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3 Jessica Marie

yay i made a wist!!! http://www.wists.com/Jessica_Marie
elvissatx
Bad Girl Upset By The Truth

Ruby, my smart fortwo cabriolet

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2008 06:13:18 AM »

hey so idk if im gonna do this one.... the only things i can not figure out how to do would be resin or possibly soap making, which are the only things people seem to be interested in lol. so i probably wouldn't get it  Undecided

i could do a crochet, polymer clay, felt stuffies, tree of life pendants, origami, and tutu kit.

if someone is really interested in one i can do i might join just for them, but it doesn't seem like a lot of resin people are joining to teach us newbies.

It seems to me that a few people have wanted to learn to do polymer clay-- I know that while I'm not really interested in sculpting little thingies out of it, I would totally love to learn to do the millefiori stuff.

I wouldn't say no to the swap out of pocket.  I'd bet there are people out there looking to learn what you have to offer.  And maybe there's someone out there with an offbeat specialty who can teach you something new that you've never even thought of doing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cool!  I made the Best of 2009 twice!   Check 'em out! 

Yo-Yo Dress of Doom http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=299010.0

Smart Santa Hat http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=330595.0
ConfusableBlonde
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2008 07:42:10 AM »

I'm not sure if we are supposed to post our stuff here also or just send to the organizer... but it seems like everyone's doing it here to, so here goes!

What craft(s) do you do?
1. hemp jewelry
2. freezer paper stenciling
3. scrapbooking (paper and digital)
4. beginner knitting/crocheting (scarfs mostly)
5. plastic canvas

What craft(s) do you want to learn?
1. microscope slide pendants
2. learn to embroider
3. glass etching
4. basic earring making
THIS ROCKS   Logged

indigo_roses
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2008 08:42:51 AM »

I'm not sure if we are supposed to post our stuff here also or just send to the organizer... but it seems like everyone's doing it here to, so here goes!

Make sure you send in the questionnaire to the bluwave06 if you want to sign up. We're talking on here to talk, and see what people can do/want to do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
myclouds
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2008 11:54:51 AM »

Yay!

The only thing I really feel comfortable with making a kit for is knitting. I also sew clothing, but I don't really know how I would put something together for that.

I would like to learn anything really. Embroidery/crewel, paper crafts, crochet something more than a scarf, sewing small things like purses n stuff, tatting...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
arwena
Art could be ever so funny if it wasn't such a deadly serious business.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2008 12:26:07 PM »

the way i see it, you wouldn't necessarily need to be an expert in a craft to make a kit on how to do it... just do some homework.  you can find online tutorials, instructions, supply lists and actual supplies and then just put the kit together for your partner.  the best thing is, then you get to learn too!

don't be afraid to dive in and make a kit just because you don't know how to do it yourself.  if your partner then in turn needs assistance, there are millions of helpful crafters here willing to lend a hand.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my blog at www.prettylittlethi ngs.com
justusetape
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2008 12:31:39 PM »

This sounds wonderful, count me in!

Here're my lists:

Crafts I do: sewing (particularly kid's clothes)/ painting/ mixed-media journaling/ embroidery/ crochet/ photography/ block printing

Want to learn: pottery/ book binding/ fiber dyeing/ needle felting/ quilting
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bergman
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2008 12:42:55 PM »

I sent my pm in.

I can sew, candle making ( If anyone is interested in making a poured beeswax candle I'm sure I could put a kit together, crochet, freezer paper stenciling, Can't really think of anything else.

I would love to learn anything new even a new project to sew  would be fine. Some of the things that I don't know how to do but would love to learn how is, book binding, embroidering, resin pendents, quilting, polymer clay.

I am really excited about this swap !!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheSapphireMoon
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2008 01:23:44 PM »

I would love the book binding or hemp kit... but I can make a poppet kit.. what if I cannot make what either of the above likes?   Luckily I listed a bunch in each one! 
Linda P

I guess I am gonna get in on this swap, I can make up a hemp kit for Linda P (if they pair us up  Huh  Grin )  I will try to send my info in later today or tomorrow, I'm SUPER busy this afternoon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

ETSY
http://thesapphiremoon.etsy.com
PINTEREST
http://www.pinterest.com/thesapphiremoon

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 32 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do Vampire Lips With Makeup
How to Do Vampire Eyes With Makeup
Vampire Makeup Contouring
Vampire Makeup Foundation
How to Make a Personalized Christmas Stocking
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...