A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,060
Currently Running With Scissors:
606 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Personalized Favor - Steve & Liza Spice of Life  (Read 852 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sheepnerd
« on: January 25, 2009 05:03:00 PM »

I've been married for almost a year now and finally going to get around to posting my wedding favor idea. We were looking for something that is very personal to us and practical for our guests. Since our theme for the wedding was to showcase our love for food, we decided to give our guest the spice that my husband and I created together as a couple. We also included some of our favorite recipes that use our spice. IT was a big hit. SO many people have been coming to us and asking for more since the wedding. We might just package and sell them some day  Cheesy

We put a label on it calling it "Liza & Steve's Spice of Life".  I added a last minute Wine Glass Charm to the jar. My husband bought the different spices on line and we mixed the secret recipe ourselves. The jar costed about $1.25 each we purchased from Bed Bath and Beyond. The post card and label I purchased from vistaprint that cost a total of $25 including shipping. The wine charm was created using stuff I already have around the house. The total cost per favor was less than $3 per jar.  

If you are interested to see more pictures and videos, feel free to visit our website at http://SteveAndLiza.com

« Last Edit: July 19, 2012 11:06:13 AM by jungrrl - Reason: changed links to images » THIS ROCKS   Logged
dogwoodbonsai
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009 08:40:44 AM »

That's an original and lovely favor.  It's nice because you know it will get used and last a while and the jar is re-usable.  Plus it's a gift that has meaning since the two of you created it together.  Including some recipes is also a great idea for those guests that maybe aren't comfortable in the kitchen.

Yes, I'd say this is a perfect favor.  Doesn't it feel just great to have people ask for more?

I bet everyone took them home too!   (So often at the end of the reception there's a considerable scattering of forgotten and unwanted favors.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sheepnerd
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009 10:20:25 AM »

We had 130 guests and I prepared 100 jars.  We found 3 left on the table at the end of the reception.  But they didn't last long after the wedding and people asked for quart containers of the stuff because they use it on everything.  It is definitely a wedding favor that didn't go to waste.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to make an origami bird
How to Make an Origami Fortune Teller
How to Fold an Origami Paper Cup
How to Fold an Origami Elephant
How to Fold an Origami Kirigami Dove
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...