A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 301,600
Currently Running With Scissors:
608 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Personal/Private Swap Gallery May 2008  (Read 6592 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hannahkarina
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2008 12:48:55 PM »

I am blushing!
I would start painting it and then go on Google to look up cherry blossoms to see if I was getting it right, start painting again, go back to Google, and so on and so forth haha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftycooky
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2008 03:31:26 PM »

either way you did a great job
i am totally impressed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/chewymuffin

I've Heard of personal swaps. I wanna try one,
make my wish come true?
;]
multibeavo
Da Beav

Bears, beets battlestar gallactica!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2008 08:47:57 PM »

Here is the adorable dress that kaymadben made for a personal swap for my 22 month old daughter. She LOVES it!!
The pics aren't that good cause of course the monkey can't be still for even a second!  Wink

Here it is:

And I just had to add this one cause I love how her hair is blowing in the wind as she runs!  Cheesy

Thanks for the super swap kaymadben!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kaymadben
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2008 09:51:37 PM »

Oh I'm so glad you loves it. I like the first pic the best though. She looks precious. I'll try to get some action shots with the stuffed animals. Kids are in bed sleeping with them right now Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Can make dresses for your princess!

Wists: http://www.wists.com/skb
KarenLouiseM
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Put me in coach, I'm ready to play

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2008 08:31:12 PM »

Hold on to your hats.  You are not going to believe the swap package I received from Tero.  Tero was in the process of moving from Germany and agreed to swap German thrift store shopping for my record purses.  So, she went nuts!  She was going to send an album for the purse and I'm not sending until she has an address in the US - so everything pictured here is FROM her.  I got one GIGANTIC package and then a few days later got ANOTHER one.  (The shipping alone was almost $50!)  On top of her incredible generosity she totally nailed my style and it was like she shopped with my brain.  I can't possibly post enough photos to do the package justice, but will try to give the best idea of it I can.  Some are clickable thumbnails in the interest of not taking up pages.  Trust me, this doesn't begin to convey the extent of the fabulousness!

Linens, linens and more linens.  I have a pink kitchen and love hand work.

Records (check out Heidi and Karin-the two gals in German outfits) and a pop up record (never seen one of those before)

Cookie cutters, a bunny mold (I have SO wanted one of these forever) kitchen toys     

Great comic books (Zack), a pile of beautiful books (not all shown here) including one of 60s era household hints and other great paper all in German

German games, yummies and KinderEggs (yippee for kinder eggs)

Dishes, tiki mug, real German stein  Cheesy  The teacup is gorgeous.  The sweet little set has a sweet little story, from Tera "The tea cup, saucer and plate are called Sameltasse. Not sure of the spelling but it is phonically correct. They started being made right after the war. Women here then didn't have full tea sets anymore but having kaffe and kuchin is a very important part of their culture here. Soooo ladies started collecting their sameltasse. Each one is different. That way when you went to your lady friends home for kaffe you would bring your own along with you so your hostess didn't have to worry about not having enough and everyone would know who's was who's because they were all different."

Tin full of whimsies including ephemera and cute little Easter beads     

AND TONS of photos and memorabilia for altered art - that picnic type basket was FULL of them.  Some great wedding/soldier photos.

She has really raised the swap bar around here.  I am busily thinking of ways to even come close to a worthy return package!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008 08:42:53 PM by KarenLouiseM » THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not that I don't want to swap, it's that I often don't have time.  But feel free to ask (especially if it's one that's not too time consuming).
calluna

wandering...

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2008 09:49:25 PM »

What an amazing haul! I can never think of what to request from people who live or travel internationally, but now I will just ask them to go thrift-storing there!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Money's tight so I'm trying to be scarce again this year...with little success thus far!
Cabin Fever
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2008 12:25:39 AM »

WOW.............WOW!!! I want to go to those thrift stores!!!!!  The embroidery stuff is fantastic!  I love all of it, I'm so jealous!!!!   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

catpants

viva la hamsterpants! may he rest in peace.

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2008 08:29:01 PM »

wow, what a great package!  that bunny mold is wonderful Smiley  i want it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

butofcourse
she's crafty!

Knit fast, die warm

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2008 01:58:59 PM »

EEE!! I got my package from chica grande mas bonita today!  I swapped a neck warmer for a resin necklace.

Here it is!

I love it.  E is my initial and I also love it because it almost looks like a fist thrusting upwards for justice!  (I'm a big ol' feminist)

and me looking awkward and modeling. woo!

thanks so much chica!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2008 03:34:38 PM »

Ooooh...that's very cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Apply Blush in 5 Seconds
Debunking Beauty Myths
Fiber Mascara Review: Too Faced Vs. Younique
Night Time Beauty Musts
Red Carpet Interview with Miss Universe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Candy, Anyone?
Crafty Kitchen
Meatless Monday: TVP Jerky

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...