A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,964
Currently Running With Scissors:
642 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap Round 34  (Read 31897 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

farmgirljane
« Reply #150 on: May 19, 2008 11:11:00 PM »

I claim purpleone for haircurlers

This is my first claim this round

UPDATED - SORRY FOR STALLING

I am a 40 yo mother of 5 with number 6(girl#4) four weeks away, from Victoria, Australia.  We live as self sufficiently as possible on seven acres, growing our own food and meat.  My passions are quilting and sewing, I also dabble in papercrafts, crochet, I can knit but prefer not to.  I can quite often be found in the craft room well into the wee hours of the morning crafting for my market stall.

vintage,reclaimed or recycled items are fine In no particular order but those highlighted are preferences

Craftiness

Mohawk beanie - red white and blue mohawk, adult size

cushions covers , white, embroidered/stencilled with a  magpie

A nice piece of artwork of a Light Sussex Rooster or German Shepard painted,pencil, drawn there are some examples on my wists

A needle felted German Shepard, jersey cow or rooster

Knitted/crocheted farm animals/barn like this but no horses please

A pattern/instructions/kit to make  this I can crochet but cant work without a pattern

Mans XL black/grey sleeveless/muscletop shirt with a WW2 tank/bomber stencilled on it

scrappy Quilt squares to make this - sizes 2 1/2 inch to 12 1/2 inch

Hand dyed or bought fiibre like this or in red,black,blue,green, teal

A plushie chicken, pig or cow for Ruby to cuddle when  she arrives

lip gloss kit
resin kit
Chainmaille jewelry kit or book/instructions
Punch embroidery kit

Supplies

yarn scraps - minimum 1 yard length, any colour preferably 8 ply, for a scrappy rug. No eyelash or fancy yarns please
Patterns for felted bags crochet or knit
Knitting needle gauge
sewing cottons - various colours
Shrink plastic - printer type
rotary cutter blades
printer fabric
Punch embroidery tool
Multi needle felting tool
Eyecord automatic knitter thingy forgotten the name of them
Patterns/instructions to make fabric bowls
Retractable tape measures
Handheld wool carders
Rubber for stamp making
Tiny tiny toys and objects to make eye spy bags
Poly clay
die cut felt flowers  and leaves in assorted colours, sizes and styles for appliqu
large diecut dies suitable with sizzix original machine (yay finally got one) for flowers,leaves,stars,hearts or geometric shapesFibre suitable for knitting machines
embroidery hoops - plastic kind to display fabric swatches - any size/shape - but preferably pink/red or black
felt - any colours

Extras

Foam/mannequin display head
Any of the books on my  wist
Also any books on polymer clay, chain maille jewelry, pre loved is fine

Thankyou in advance for choosing me

« Last Edit: May 21, 2008 05:15:17 AM by farmgirljane » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my challenge 31 entry Jeannie's getting married in the morning and don't forget to vote
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

This Shall Be For Music

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #151 on: May 21, 2008 06:30:20 AM »

I claim Farmjanegirl for a starter Chainmaille kit, Shrink plastic - printer type, and hopefully a pattern to make the bunny rattle.  Smiley

This is my third claim.

Hi everyone!!  I'm Roxanne!  I am a soon to be 41-year old that loves to craft!  I have a hubby, an almost 4 year yr old DD, my mom, and a parotlett named Greenie.  I'm originally from Hawaii, so even though I live in Maryland now I'm a local girl at heart! I've dabbled in lots of different crafts.  My true love is pottery, but I haven't done that in quite a while now.  Lately I've been beading though I'm cutting back and making felties--esp food.  I love making felt food!!  I love all colors, but not pastels.  Mod/retro prints, no country please.  I like hedgehogs, birdies, cats, bats, bugs, and my daughter is mad about rainbows so if you have any other ideas please pass them by me.  Smiley

I made my super big wishes red.  Smiley

If there is anything that you love crafting that you think my DD would like please PM me!!  Thanks!!!

Crafted items:

- zippered pouches made with Japanese or other kawaii fabric...love small animal prints  BIG WISH!

- summer tote with a hedgehog, bird, or owl *new*

- reusable shopping bags

- any quilt from Sansa  Classic Boxy Stars * Square in a square* Bright Boxy Stars.

- hansigurumi octopus amigurumi  I also have a few patterns of things that I love and could provide you with.

- crocheted sea critters see http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=161851.msg1757300;topicseen#msg1757300 for examples

- crocheted giraffe hat like the one in my wist but kid sized
http://www.wists.com/atsuko

- toys/dollies like on my wist...but no pies please.  Smiley  It would be cool to have a dolly with brown hair and eyes like Lana. http://www.wists.com/atsuko

- dress kids's size 6

- vintage dress patterns size 7 kids please.  Smiley

- skull socks. BIG WISH!  I would love these...or something just plain, but with the skulls
  http://www.craftydiversions.com/patterns/buccaneers%20booty.htm

- skull hat. You know the one with the tiny skulls all around. 

- monkey backpack from SNB.  SUPER BIG WISH!!

- embroidered tee for Lana size 6+...would love the hedgehog, or others from that series from Sublime Stitching.  Yay!!  Thank you Summertimerolls!!  We can't wait!!!

- Screened/embroidered tee with wings on back of tee girls size 6+ for Lana   Thanks Poevera!!!!  YAY!!!

- wristlet pouch made with Japanese or any kawaii fabric...love small animal, nature prints, bright colors  Thank you Mimiw!!  It's beyond awesome!!

Supplies:

- kewpie/cupie dolls...my DD is obsessed and would love a new baby that we could dress up.  We have the ones from Hobby Lobby and would love to have other sizes/styles.

- the mugi puzzle cookie cutters on my wists. I love this and can't get it locally.

- scrabble tiles!!  BIG WISH!  Really want to make something with this...Would love to have the letters to spell out "Lana"

- a single hand cookie cutter with nicely defined fingers so that I could make something like this:  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=232831.0

- any cookie cutters, the silver ones, an alphabet set would be especially appreciated. 

- Brown bag cookie molds for shortbread

- biggish (bigger thatn 1 cm) glass beads that can be used to make those funky each bead is different kind of bracelet  NEW

- kids tees size 6 cotton please that I can use for embroidery  Yay!  Thanks Bettflow!!!  I could always use a couple more so I'm leaving this up.  Smiley

- chicken, turkey, game birds, water fowl, emu, or ostrich feathers for my hubby's fly tying

- real brass skeleton keys

- plastic gumball charms *NEW*

- sterling silver findings esp jump rings and/or wire half hard please

- Sugar skull molds (OAXACA SUGAR SKULL MOLDS would love the medium new design ones)
http://www.mexicansugarskull.com/mexicansugarskull/sugarskullmolds.htm
Thank you noxluff for the XL ones and the meringue!!!  You rock!!

- Mexican Kool Aid

- FQ or fat eights of cute Japanese fabrics..prefer ones with animals/people.  Tiny kawaii prints suitable for Blythe dolly dresses.

Books:

- Creepy Cute Crochet: Zombies, Ninjas, Robots, and More  book

- Doodle Stitching: Fresh & Fun Embroidery for Beginners

- Sublime Stitching Craft Pad

- Japanese craft books or magazines-used is fine...beads, felt, sewing, etc.  Please pm to discuss since I have a bunch.  Smiley

- any other cool book you'd like to share with me...please PM me first just to make sure that I don't have it.  Smiley

Extras:

-any candy, esp chocolate!!

-unloved beads, no fruit beads please I have tons!!

Thanks in advance for choosing me!!  A big thanks to Poevera, noxluff, Mimiw, and Summertimerolls for granting my wishes this round!!!  YAY!!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008 07:22:02 AM by atsuko » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi! I'm looking for a spinner to transform my awesome fiber into yarn for me....have some fantastic jewelry and commercially purchased fiber for trade. my etsy
Live aloha
summertimerolls

"I hope this works"

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #152 on: May 21, 2008 06:32:09 AM »

I was literally just claiming farmgirljane...funn y.  She sits so long and then at the same time we both claim her.  Ok, I'll see if I can claim atsuko

I claim Atsuko for embroidered T for lana and some other goodies
This is my 2, 0 sent, 0 received

I'm 31 years old, I'm a stay at home mom of two , living in OH next to the new IKEA that just opened.    I love trying all crafts; I have crafting ADD.  I dont really collect anything, except crafting supplies.  I would prefer to make gifts instead of buying them if I have time, and my new goal is to sew my daughter a simple summer dress, but my sewing machine and I are not on great terms.  I am very sensitive to scents, so PM on those.  I like using a lot of words and explanations and I have always had a problem with run-on sentences.

Crafted Items
  I like anything small....miniature anything makes me smile. 

I would love some reusable grocery bags like this:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=177482.0
They do NOT need the folding pocket

Felt food for my kids.pancakes and pizza would be WONDERFUL!

mosaics....  Love mosaics.  They don't have to glass or ceramic or very large.  Paper, polymer clay, pebbles...small stuff like this....
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=204357.0

Make your own stamp starter kit.  It doesn't have to be a store bought kit, just a couple supplies and a note or two on how to start.

Curse word bean bags.  I think they are very funny, however Im more of a sh*t, damn, piss type, a little more mild I guess.  PM for the perfect sayings.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=227161.0

Project bag like this one. Nofury made it.

And a return address stamp, again, Nofury rocks.

Either this pattern or a doll or animal made this way.  I had one when I was little and would love to have another. http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=8087618

I want to make an I spy quilt, so any interesting fabrics that I can fussy cut.  Probably need to be at least 4 in square in size...scraps are great.

Crochet or felt animals, food, etc.

Stamps and ink pads.  I would love ink that is for fabric.  Either hand made or bought (or used) stamps of anything really. 

A sundress pattern for a size 7ish girl.  I dont know how patterns work, Ive never actually tried sewing from one, but used would be great.  And EASY level.

Handspun yarn.  I have never used any, but it all looks so beautiful.

Supplies

Make your own stamp starter kit.  It doesn't have to be a store bought kit, just a couple supplies and a note or two on how to start.

This book http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/code-j/section-books/pid-1004536033/  in case link didn't work it is a Japanese book Crochet Motif Item

Buttons.  Im thinking of making a mosaic with buttons.  So cheap, lots, flat buttons!

Anything that you are great at or love doing.   Like to Mod Podge everything you see? Make Journals?  Anything you would like to share would be greatly appreciated.  I like being surprised!

Extras

Im toying around with making my son a train collage.  Any pictures real or drawings of trains would be greatly appreciated. (cut from magazines, old books, etc.) 

Yummies of any kind will not go to waste!

« Last Edit: May 21, 2008 07:17:05 AM by summertimerolls » THIS ROCKS   Logged

PM me if you are interested in a personal swap.
rossana9041
« Reply #153 on: May 21, 2008 07:18:02 AM »

I claim summertimerolls for I Spy swatches.

This is my 3rd claim, 1 sent, 1 received.
I am in South Carolina, USA.

Hi, my name is Beth.  Im a momma to 2, and I stay at home and babysit for others. I'm a quilt piecing, scrapbooking, websurfing nut.  I have no yarn ability at all.  My current favorite color is bright shades of green.  I love anything about the ocean, the 50s, architecture, and American patriotism; I like Elvis, U2, picnics, and retro fabrics.  I read mostly sci-fi, listen to anything upbeat, am religious, love family, married to a golfer, love my backyard.   I am allergic to cats, I hate the color orange, and I love bubble gum and coconut.

Craft wishes :
Pendants or pierced earrings, no chokers though (thick neck) 
Tote bags and purses, Shopping bags that fold up
Small wallets or coin purses, Travel bags for me or kiddos
Backpacks for kiddos
Pincushion
ATCs
Clothing in size US XL-XXL (18-20) but only 53 tall
Embroidery patterns, original designs very okay
Aprons for me or dd
Resin sanddollar pendant
Anything with pink flamingos on it
CARGO SHORTS pm for size

Craft supplies:
ATC materials, especially with words or images
Quilting needles and thread in anything but black or white
Embroidery floss

Extras:
Things for my kitchen in pink/green
Magnet or postcard from the area you live
Candles, especially handmade
Photo frames in any color and size, again especially homemade
Suncatchers any style, less than 10 tall or wide
Custom tags for my crafts (no logo yet)

Thank you so much in advance for choosing me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

defunctbuffalo
« Reply #154 on: May 21, 2008 07:34:30 AM »

I claim rossana for some ATCs and some hand-decorated picture frames.

This is my second claim, 0 sent, 0 received.

I'm Laura, 23, a grad student in Atlanta.  I just moved to a new apartment, all my own for the first time ever, and it's beautiful and wonderful and I've painted it brilliant colors.  I share it with two lovely cats.  I'm primarily a paper artist, and can knit when bored, but I can't do anything more than fix seams or sew on a button, so am in awe of people who know how to work sewing machines.  I'm easy to please, especially if there are bright colors involved. 

List:

Crafts-

My biggest wish:  I would **love** a re-sized button-down shirt.  PM for sizing; because my bust and waist are different sizes, I cant buy button-down shirts ready-made.  So if anyone knows how to add darts or something to a shirt or two, I would instantly become more professional.  And I would love you forever.  (If you are willing to do a personal swap for this, PM me, please!)

Mug:  hand-made (anyone do ceramics?) or hand-decorated.  The stranger, the better, as long as its not something that will make me lose my appetite when I drink from it.  : )

An address book

Duvet cover for a full-sized comforter; something in sunset-y colors.

Ribbon curtains, with yellow and gold and orange sunset-y ribbons:
http://www.michaels.com/art/online/projectsheet?pid=br099

Pajama pants!   Absolutely any fabric as long as theyre soft.  Size M, on the long side.

Pillow filled with buckwheat

Handmade pillar candles, non-scented, or citrus, or vanilla scented

Candle holders-  I have none, so any kind of candle holder would be appreciated, either for the table or for the wall.  For tea lights or pillar candles.

Wrap skirt:  some examples below-
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=237248.0
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=11675104
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=11453358

Canvas tote with something stenciled or embroidered on it (a typewriter?  an owl?  a llama?  skyline of a city?  something else?)- just with long handles, big enough for text books, and an inside pocket would be a bonus but not necessary.

Decorated kitchen towels, Id love something with a 50s pin-up girl/housewife theme.

Zippered pouches in bright, fun fabrics  Thank you, Avesthel!

Is this make-able?  http://www.bravissimo.com/products/nightwear/mix-and-match-nightwear/bravissimo/bn01-details.aspx?colour=Cream
I feel like it wouldnt be too hard to take a tank top and add some elastic and stretch material on the inside, but Im not such a good seamstress.  I really want this, but I cant afford the price or the shipping.  Its basically just a tank top with a built-in bra, but made in a size different than you can find at Target.

Felted stone rug:  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=233971.0  So, so cool!

Fabric headbands that tie in the back  (I must have a big head.  The pre-measured ones with elastic give me a headache!); nothing silky, though, or it slips off.

Tall fake flower- realistic-looking (or artistic looking, just as long as its not obviously plastic) orchid, iris, lily, or gerber daisy.  Just one or two would be wonderful.

Craft supplies-
Glass paint and lead liner stuff
Sewing supplies:  quality needles and thread
Wooden cigar boxes

Extras-
Candy or sweets, especially from far away places
Coffee (Im an addict) or tea
Paper and ephemera- even just bits and scraps, if theyre pretty or unusual
Hi-lighters are always, always appreciated.
Throw in your favorite recipe! Im collecting.

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008 07:37:01 AM by defunctbuffalo » THIS ROCKS   Logged
littlefawnpug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Formally known as missmoppet

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #155 on: May 21, 2008 11:52:59 AM »

I claim defunctbuffalo for a canvas tote.
My sewing machine went ker-plunk on me and I cant get it to work.  I asked defunctbuffalo if I could claim something else from her list because of that and she said it was alright.  So, I'm claiming the highlighters & address book & a special surprize gift.  (hopefully I can get my sewing machine fixed for cheap then I can possibly claim you again later for the tote.)

This is my first claim this round,
0 sent,
0 received

Im in the United States.  Im on a hunt for amigurumi books from other countries.  I love the Japanese ones with hello kitty and other super cute ones!  (if you have some and want to do a personal swap that would be super!) Im so addicted to crochet!  I love a wide variety of crafts but crochet is my favorite.  I do enjoy resin, beads & sewing too though.  Besides crafts my hubby & I enjoy walking, hiking, fishing riding 4-wheelers,video games and just spending time together.  My other little addictions include yard sales (oh, Im soooo addicted to yard sales!!) & tattoos.  I have to eventually complete my left sleeve, but with gas prices and the cost of everyday living plus with medical bills I had to put that off.  I have 1 dog & 1 ferret.  Both of which are convinced that they are cats.  Ah hahahah!  My ferret I recived from a friend, whose boyfriend didnt like her so he was mean to her.  So, when I got her she bit a lot.  But with a lot of patience & love she is now giving kisses & is sooo loveable.  My dog I got from a family in my neighborhood who had an unexpected litter.  So, being that I was looking for a puppy I gladly accepted a puppy.  So, I dint get them from pet shops or puppy type mills.  They were both in need of a good home so, I saved them from having to go to a shelter.  Anyways, I guess thats a good bio.  Maybe a little too long, eh?

CRAFTED STUFF

* Amigurumi critters.  Cute huggable ones.
* Hello Kitty crafts-since Im decorating in Hello Kitty
* Small messenger bag thats zips closed.
* Hello Kitty charms from clay
* Tare Panda charms from clay
* Cute beanie hat with ears flaps.
*Cute beanie with animal ears on it
* Long socks-super long that go right above my knees.
* Long fingerless gloves,
* Cute t-shirt.  Perhaps with pandas, cherry blossoms, oriental themed.
* wallet.  Again cute, panda themed, hello kitty, you get the idea by now J
* Wall hanging/mini-quilt oriental themed, black/red/white.
* Something for my ferret hammock, igloo, tunnel, fabric bed,  anything fun to play with or cozy to sleep or lounge on. (shes a petite girl but long so you know her size)
* Something for my dog hammock, igloo, tunnel, fabric bed,  anything fun to play with or cozy to sleep or lounge on. (hes a Pekingese just so you now his size.)
*simple leather stringed necklace with a charm.
*Pjs for dog-hes a Pekingese if your wondering the size

SUPPLIES
* Amigurumi books-this is what Im wanting the most.  I have 2 books, one which I dont like.  So, I only have one that I use.
* Hello Kitty craft books-
* Crochet books with cute things to make like Mr.funkys-I dont want ones to make afghans or stuff like that though.
* Felt stuffie books-oh, there sooo cute!
* Any neat craft books from other countries with cute things to make. 
* Yarn-Im always looking for more.  The thicker ones though, that are good for Amigurumis.  Id love some multicolored yarn really.  Especially the black/grey/white ones.  I dont want any yellows, oranges, golds though.
* Clay-Ive been wanting to make some cute charms. im scared I will buy the wrong kind
* Neat trinkets & charms-to used for necklaces, key chains ect
* Jar of whimsies-dont know exactly what it is, but, sounds like something I would love
* leather string-to make necklaces
* Crochet hooks- I only have 1 as of now.  I think it says K on it.  Id like one with a thick handle to grasp though.
* Amigurumi/bear making stuff, like eyes & noses-Ive got tons of cat ones though but not many round pupil ones. 
*Those plain canvas totes-I like to decorate them
*Those plain canvas aprons-Also, like to decorate them.

Extras:
* I know some people have created their own amigurumi patterns, I wouldnt mind a few of those.  Maybe someone has made their own hello kitty patterns?  Rayman rabbid rabbids pattern?  Ferret pattern? 
* Hello kitty/sanrio paper, stationary, stickers, ect.
 *cute iron on patches
*Anything cute you think I would like pretaining to hello kitty, sanrio, tare panda.
*Resin or candy molds.

~Thank you kindly to whom ever claims me.   

« Last Edit: May 27, 2008 09:34:06 AM by missmoppet » THIS ROCKS   Logged

-I give up on making TOL pendants.  If anyone would like to have my stone chips, wire and ect.  I would gladly trade it all for some knitting/crochet stuff.

-Currently crafting.....A Weasley blanket.  I'd love some squares made from fellow Craftsters.
randymacker07
« Reply #156 on: May 21, 2008 12:23:05 PM »

I claim MissMoppet for some doggie pjs  Grin

This is my sixth claim, 1 sent, 3 received (maybe I have a swapping problem?)

Hi my name is Jennifer. I'm 22 and live in Virginia. I will be married one whole year on May 26th and I'm really excited about that.  I have a small Chihuahua named Lilly who I love to dress up and a beautiful gray cat, London,  who loves to be naked ; ) I work in a research lab by day and love to craft all night. I love anything science-y, girly, and retro. Pink is my favorite color and I love polka dots and gingham. I love to sew and embroider and have tried to knit but I'm not very good at it. I am currently giving crochet a try after seeing bettflows beautiful swiffer cloths!

Wish List:

Anything from my wist or inspired by my wist I have recently added some things (I just figured out how to steal from other peoples!)
http://www.wists.com/randymacker07

Crafted

Apron I collect aprons vintage, retro inspired, anything with ruffles, I really love the apron with all the bias trim but don't have the patience to make it myself. I would love one like this - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=213914.0 or anything with ric rac on it! Thanks Homerof2! But more are always welcome!
  Reusable shopping bags Thanks b! and urvi!
  A teacup, hedgehog, or cactus shaped pincushion or any combination of the three! Thanks KimberlyPye!
  Set of 4 napkins or placemats The placemats are for a round table so they must be round or square otherwise they overlap. The table is black and the room is light blue, avocado green, and khaki colored. Quilted / patchwork placemats or a runner would be neat!
   A DNA (stenciled, printed, embroidered) t-shirt or scarf would be AWESOME (T-shirt size: xl)
   Headbands - Thanks elmpixie!
  Crocheted Swiffer Cloths Thanks bettflow!
   *Big Wish* A fabric or oilcloth lunch sac to take to work. Like this one - http://www.ohfransson.com/oh_fransson/2008/03/vintage-pillowc.html or one like this http://skiptomylou.wordpress.com/2008/05/08/lunch-time/
   Utensil Roll - Thanks frosty772!
   *Big Wish* A black petticoat in tea length. I would LOVE the nylon chiffon style like the ones made the other day on Martha Stewart for little girls, this is for wear under 50s style dresses. Please PM me for measurements I am willing to order the fabric and have it shipped to you if you are willing to sew!
   Anything with a bird, nest, eggs, or any combination of those things!
   *Big Wish* Any kind of artwork that I can hang in my lab space. I would love something with C.elegans (the organism I research) on it. Here is a link with some images to get your creative juices flowing! http://www.cafepress.com/celegans - Thanks defunctbuffalo but I will leave this up if anyone else feels so inspired, actually C. elegans (a type of worm) anything would be cool - t-shirt, shrinky dink bracelet, whatever you like to make!

Supplies

Shrinky Dink Kit Thanks Em0tionalprayer!
   Needle Felting kit (also with simple instructions!) I really like the needle felted beads and the little animals like birds and bunnies.
   Clear stamps an or ink pads - Thanks MimiW!
   Any vintage fabric or fabric with a neat print. (At least a fat quarter please)
   Some wool or wool blend felt for crafting
   Any back issues of Threads magazine (I only have the last three), or any sewing or scrapbooking magazines, gently loved is fine with me! - Thanks MimiW, more are always appreciated!!!

Extras
   Any yummy sweets or things you think I might like, I love gummi bears and peachy rings the best!
   Pens and pencils that are neat/pretty/funny/kitchy
   List pads or post-it-notes, I use these by the ton!
   Your favorite recipes, I love cook new things!

Thanks in advance to anyone who claims me, Im loving this swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sunspotted
« Reply #157 on: May 21, 2008 12:53:11 PM »

I claim randymacker07 for ...  Anything with a bird, nest, eggs, or any combination of those things!  I have the cutest idea.  I'll also check my stash of sewing mags and see what I can add.

This is my third claim (one sent, one going out tomorrow) and I'm in Canada.  BRB with my list...

Crafted Stuff

* NEW!  Large, light (weight and colour) head scarves to keep my hair contained when I'm cooking, which I will soon be doing 16 hours a day.  You can only wear a baseball cap for so long.
* My niece and I are making a "flower fairy" garden, so anything that fits this theme (fairy doors, crystals, wind chimes, fantastical flower creations, etc, etc.)
* Wind chimes - something silvery or blue or both and tinkly (as opposed to loud and clanky).
* Other stuff for my deck window boxes, decorated pots, all-weather cushions, etc. (black, grey, blue, tan and any mixtures of those colours).  -- thanks calluna, more would be welcome, it's a big deck.
* Sewing machine cover, something awesome and funky.
* Yummy smelling fruity candles (especially coconut and citrus), no florals please.  Anybody make soy candles? 
* Project Journal 3 Ring Binder Style.
* Birding journal small decorated, lined book to keep track of the birds I see.  -- thanks calluna
* Video iPod case Im afraid to take it anywhere, which defeats the purpose of an iPod.  Nothing too cutesy please.  Padded fabric or a soft yarn would be awesome. -- thanks Dulcinea
* I guess my phone could use a little carry case/cozy too.  It's about yay-big.  If I knew where it was I'd measure it right this second, but I will get back to you on that.
* Pillow and cases and covers and cushions embroidered, sewn, quilted, stenciled, whatever.  Lots of examples on my wists.
* A long heat pack (the kind you put in the microwave) that I can wrap around my neck. -- thank you calluna
* I broke my magnifying compact and I still havent replaced it, and I thought someone might want to make me a decorated one??  Yes/no??   Must be magnifying, I am old and blind.
* Something for the cats scratching post, kitty pi, fabric cat bed, hammock, igloo, tunnel, basically anything they can sleep in, on or around.  Ideas on my wist too.
* I am fascinated by the whole bento concept.  Is there such a thing as a starter kit?
* Carved or sculpted or decorated pull for my ceiling fan.  A little bird would be amazing.  I have to jump to reach it now too, so an extender chain would be great.

Supplies

* Fabric or flat cotton sheets (double size or larger) in any black/white combo.  I need two (they don't have to match, in fact I'd prefer them not to) to make a duvet cover out of.  Used is fine as long as they aren't stained or worn out.  Unless you desperately want to make me the duvet cover.  Grin   That would work too.
* Yarn I do not recognize the concept of too much yarn, it is impossible.  I am on a mission to make afghans/lapghans for the local nursing homes, so non-crappy acrylic (especially soft baby acrylic) is always good, though I really dont need more white.  Theres no such thing as too much cotton (especially bright colours).  In spite of my allergy, I have a list of want-to-do patterns longer than my arm that are felted, so Im ready to try wool again.   Id also love to try fancy types that I cant get here soy, bamboo, hemp, wool blends, etc.  Especially bamboo.  I have a project in mind for my mom that requires 4x80g of a bamboo yarn.  A bright or jewel tone colour would be fantastic.  I hate buying online, I always get the colour wrong.  This being said, I do not recognize novelty yarn (including the evil boucle) as actual yarn.  No need to send any of that. 
* Soy wax.  I can't seem to find any locally.
* Cool buttons!
* Grosgrain ribbon - all colours, 3/4, 5/8, something like that, I can use pieces as long as they are at least close to a foot long.
* Glass vase marble thingies (like this http://www.save-on-crafts.com/glassvasegems1.html) in dark blue, clear or silver.  -- thanks educharme
* Crochet hooks (I seem to be running low on E-I, I keep giving them away when I teach people) used are fine, Ive never used anything but Boye so all these bamboo, comfort-grip, fancy-schmancy hooks interest me. 
* Crochet hook cushion grips or something to make my thread hooks easier to use.
* Knit klips!
* Anybody have a woodburning tool they don't use and would like to pass on?   -- WOW, thank you educharme

Extras

* Piano (any level) sheet music.  If its not my style Ill use it for a decoupage project idea. 
* Coffees and teas (no green tea please) from oh-so-foreign lands (aka anywhere that isnt small town Canada).
* See above but substitute gum.
* See above but substitue Crystal Light, I can get Lemon-Lime here and sometimes the Tangerine one, that's it. 
* I love interesting foods and recipes.  I live in the middle of nowhere,  I have to drive an hour to buy milk, so Id love to receive exotic ingredients.  Please dont send anything perishable, mail takes forever to get here.  (examples - almond filling, chestnut puree, coconut cream, green tea powder, sushi rice, the list goes on forever)
* Surprise me!  I like useful things as opposed to purely decorative.  Storage ideas are always appreciated. 

* I have a wist.  Its growing every day!

About Me

Hi, Im Allison, a 30-whatever year this is (8??) year old hermit from the wilds of Ontario.  Seriously, I have more deer and bears visit than people, and Im okay with that.  I am completely ready for the apocalypse and would be happy to share my rutabagas and pemmican making skills with the people of Craftster.  I have two large dogs and three cats that think they are dogs.  These days my primary craft is crochet though Im attempting to better my embroidery skills.  I have trouble remember to take pictures of FOs, but  I finally have a digital camera, its around here somewhere.  I have the attention span of a gnat. 

I love nature and animals (except when theyre eating my garden or ripping open the garbage bin), music and books.  I love the idea of babies (which is why Im a fantastic baby shower guest) but would sooner chew off my own arm than have one.  I dont have a favourite colour, though I do believe that yellow is best used sparingly and bright turquoise is a tool of the devil.  I refuse to acknowledge the existence of neons.   I am decorating a new house and you can check my profile for colour schemes if you want.  Im allergic to most metal and dont wear jewelry.  I don't have a sweet tooth but I'm addicted to coffee, gum and potato chips.  I never use a sentence when I can use an entire paragraph.  Also, Im only marginally computer literate but Im working on it. 

Thanks in advance to whoever claims me.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2008 01:00:37 PM by sunspotted » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Need something crocheted?  I'll swap amis, afghans, shawls or whatever for a box of yarn.  Smiley
countingtosleep
« Reply #158 on: May 21, 2008 01:11:02 PM »

I claim sunspotted for a couple of things from her wist+ buttons, yarn and maybe some tea/coffee/gum!

2nd claim this round, 0 sent, 0 received!

Hi! Im Laura and I live in England.  Smiley

My list:

Crafts

-A sewing bag- just like the one posted on this page http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=73010.0

-A messenger bag, quite large. Id love it in vintage fabric or bold retro prints or splashy flowers!

-A tape measure tote bag!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=149589.msg1538450#msg1538450

-Fabric belts, I love the fabric and buckle on this version, but other fabrics are fine too!

http://www.wists.com/countintgtosleep/aeda5bb7c1ac49c6dae24c6fd6d65ccf?offset=0

-Any craft inspired by France or all things French. Id love things made out of fabric saying things like Bonjour of with pictures of the Eiffel tower. Some examples:

http://www.wists.com/countintgtosleep/838480488dd351724df42b203ac054ec?offset=0

http://www.wists.com/countintgtosleep/f103618543d29bf31ddf81e3d234aa72?offset=0

http://www.wists.com/countintgtosleep/77700d1a006036b713bf66d7c671625e?offset=0

-Anything with Russian Dolls on, some examples:

http://www.wists.com/countintgtosleep/bf5dc39cf4f89951988b3d9ed6417dcd?offset=0

http://www.wists.com/countintgtosleep/3032256cb00f63578676ddb2fa9146a7?offset=0

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=10766699

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=10938626

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=10907994

- Zines. If you make a zine I would love to read it, as I love zines so much!- I got some great zines from catpants last round, but Im keeping this wish up- because I can always have more!   Wink

Supplies

- Sewing supplies and notions- hand sewing needles, pins, cute pincushions, thread for my sewing machine, bias binding, interfacing, bag handles, magnetic snaps, and buttons! I've been claimed by purpleone for this, but it's an ongoing wish so I'll keep it up!

- Fabric! I like vintage looking, retro prints, Japanese inspired, cherry blossoms, cute animals, nautical stripes, splashy flowers. Well actually anything really! Preferably cottons or linens. I've been claimed by purpleone for this, but it's an ongoing wish so I'll keep it up!

- Ribbon, charms and beads.

- Handspun yarn. I got some gorgeous yarn from catpants last round, but Im keeping this wish up- because I can always have more!  Smiley

- Magazines like Craft (I already have Issue #1), Nylon, Bust or any other crafty magazines.

- Roving for making felted beads.

- Candle making kit.

-Any Amy Butler patterns, especially the Weekender Bag pattern, but all of her patterns are lovely so that would be great.

- Embroidery patters, especially this:

http://www.wists.com/countintgtosleep/1979e1c997f41874690eb1ba82013a89?offset=0

-Soap making kit.

- Pretty papers for collaging/ ATCs.

- Heather Bailey fabric, as Im making a quilt out of her fabric- any pieces would be lovely!

-Amy Butler fabric

- Vintage sewing patterns. Im a modern day US size 4/ UK size 8, so I guess size small, although Im not sure of the sizing on vintage patterns.

-Anything from or inspired by my wists!!!

-Anything from or inspired by my Etsy favourites.

http://www.etsy.com/favorite_listings_public.php?user_id=5451902

Extras

Chocolate or foody stuff from your area of the world would be lovely.

Thanks in advance to anyone who picks one of my wishes!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008 01:14:23 PM by countingtosleep » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Therisa

Knitfiend, Mad Sewist

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #159 on: May 21, 2008 02:39:51 PM »

I claim countingtosleep for France pajama bottoms.   This is my sixth claim this round, one sent, three received. I live in Michigan USA, I am not a vegetarian, I'm a non-smoker, and I am allergic to cats and to aloe vera.  Plus I am a crafting fiend, and love only natural fibers.

Crafts -color and style ideas on my wist

coin purse sized bags for holding several pairs of earplugs when traveling

zippered pouches for organizing the junk in my purse

shoe bags out of knit material for - you guessed it - travel!  Shoes are European 44, US 12 Women's

brightly colored luggage tags - 6

handmade candles with natural scent

Tea Wallet

glass bead bracelet http://wists.com/Therisa/7bbd092639c2898e0591a6f8b446f4eb?offset=20

Pac-Man Purse http://wists.com/Therisa/c26203c7db5f55dce3664557dbf30c35?offset=0

garter belt  (waist is 98 cm)

beaded or crocheted bottle cover for wine bottle

key leash for purse (purple, black, cream purses each need key leashes) -any durable material would be great

pencil/pen case

water bottle holder

beaded or crocheted headpiece like this one http://www.costumeinc.com/p8054/Roaring-20s-Beaded-Headpiece.html

cute padded hangers for hanging lingerie in closet

2 yds tie-dyed cotton or linen fabric (I am a big person so one yard wouldn't cover anything)

beach towel for lounging on at lake or poolside - embroidered, appliqued, etc.

incense holders for the long, skinny type of incense

handmade incense

serving tray for tea

dressertop storage tray for 12 pairs of eyeglasses (lined with felt or something so the glasses don't slide around) - bedroom has sky blue walls with jewel colors for accent

decorated toe separators for pedicure - I read that Beyonce had a set of these.

embroidered pillowcases - washable in HOT water!   Any pattern/design will be cool, since all the sheets are solid colors.

large bag appropriate to take to Renaissance Festival and to keep lots of stuff in like water bottle, etc.

camera case for small digital camera, any craft style would be great. 

Craft supplies
vintage iron-on transfers for embroidery on household linens, or stamped linens for     embroidery - not cross-stitch, cutwork, or animal please

DMC *linen* embroidery floss in ecru and/or black
fabric paints in squeeze bottles
DMC StitchBow floss holders
acid fabric dyes
pleater for smocking (you never know, someone may have one of these hanging around)
shrink plastic for inkjet printer or otherwise
sharpies in colors other than black
bias tape, single or double-fold
tatting starter kit
pillow or bobbins for bobbin lace
Back issues of "Sew Beautiful" magazines 2001-2008, I have only current issue of these.
any knitting book by Meg Swansen except "Sweaters from Camp", your pre-loved copy is also appreciated

craft books from my Amazon wishlist https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/3LG5TCK0BLZO2
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I joined the Fabric Fast and pledged to buy no new yardage until July 1, 2008.

2008 Fabric Purchased: 56 yards

Fabric Sewn: 93 yards

Fabric Remaining: An Awful Lot

I am open to personal swaps!

http://www.wists.com/Therisa
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Doug Magee Talks About Never Wave Goodbye
City of Glass Book Trailer
Monte Reel Talks About The Last of the Tribe
Rachel Renee Russell Talks About Dork Diaries II
Jeffrey Deaver Talks About The Burning Wire
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...