A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,586
Currently Running With Scissors:
508 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap Round 34  (Read 31832 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

randymacker07
« Reply #140 on: May 19, 2008 11:23:34 AM »

I claim Therisa for shoe bags made of knit material.

This is my fifth claim, 0 sent, 3 received

Hi my name is Jennifer. I'm 22 and live in Virginia. I will be married one whole year on May 26th and I'm really excited about that.  I have a small Chihuahua named Lilly who I love to dress up and a beautiful gray cat, London,  who loves to be naked ; ) I work in a research lab by day and love to craft all night. I love anything science-y, girly, and retro. Pink is my favorite color and I love polka dots and gingham. I love to sew and embroider and have tried to knit but I'm not very good at it. I am currently giving crochet a try after seeing bettflows beautiful swiffer cloths!

Wish List:

Anything from my wist or inspired by my wist I have recently added some things (I just figured out how to steal from other peoples!)
http://www.wists.com/randymacker07

Crafted

Apron I collect aprons vintage, retro inspired, anything with ruffles, I really love the apron with all the bias trim but don't have the patience to make it myself. I would love one like this - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=213914.0 or anything with ric rac on it! Thanks Homerof2! But more are always welcome! 
  Reusable shopping bags Thanks b! and urvi!
  Resin bangles with glitter, beads, comics, or dye inside no candy please
  A teacup, hedgehog, or cactus shaped pincushion or any combination of the three! Thanks KimberlyPye!
   Set of 4 napkins or placemats The placemats are for a round table so they must be round or square otherwise they overlap. The table is black and the room is light blue, avocado green, and khaki colored. Quilted / patchwork placemats or a runner would be neat!
   A DNA (stenciled, printed, embroidered) t-shirt or scarf would be AWESOME (T-shirt size: xl)
   Headbands - Thanks elmpixie!
  Crocheted Swiffer Cloths Thanks bettflow!
   *Big Wish* A fabric or oilcloth lunch sac to take to work. Like this one - http://www.ohfransson.com/oh_fransson/2008/03/vintage-pillowc.html or one like this http://skiptomylou.wordpress.com/2008/05/08/lunch-time/
   Utensil Roll - Thanks frosty772!
   *Big Wish* A black petticoat in tea length. I would LOVE the nylon chiffon style like the ones made the other day on Martha Stewart for little girls, this is for wear under 50s style dresses. Please PM me for measurements I am willing to order the fabric and have it shipped to you if you are willing to sew!
   Anything with a bird, nest, eggs, or any combination of those things!
   *Big Wish* Any kind of artwork that I can hang in my lab space. I would love something with C.elegans (the organism I research) on it. Here is a link with some images to get your creative juices flowing! http://www.cafepress.com/celegans 

Supplies

Shrinky Dink Kit Thanks Em0tionalprayer!
   Needle Felting kit (also with simple instructions!) I really like the needle felted beads and the little animals like birds and bunnies.
   Clear stamps an or ink pads - Thanks MimiW!
   Any vintage fabric or fabric with a neat print. (At least a fat quarter please)
   Some wool or wool blend felt for crafting
   Any back issues of Threads magazine (I only have the last three), or any sewing or scrapbooking magazines, gently loved is fine with me! - Thanks MimiW, more are always appreciated!!!

Extras
   Any yummy sweets or things you think I might like, I love gummi bears and peachy rings the best!
   Pens and pencils that are neat/pretty/funny/kitchy
   List pads or post-it-notes, I use these by the ton!
   Your favorite recipes, I love cook new things!

Thanks in advance to anyone who claims me, Im loving this swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
defunctbuffalo
« Reply #141 on: May 19, 2008 11:33:58 AM »

I'm claiming randymacker07 for some c. elegans artwork!  Yay for fellow science-nerd crafters. Smiley  And some recipes, as well.  I'm collecting, too, and I've found some good ones.

This is my first claim, so naturally 0 sent, 0 received.

I'm Laura, 23, a grad student in Atlanta.  I just moved to a new apartment, all my own for the first time ever, and it's beautiful and wonderful and I've painted it brilliant colors.  I share it with two lovely cats.  I'm primarily a paper artist, and can knit when bored, but I can't do anything more than fix seams or sew on a button, so am in awe of people who know how to work sewing machines.  I'm easy to please, especially if there are bright colors involved. 

List:

Crafts-

My biggest wish:  I would **love** a re-sized button-down shirt.  PM for sizing; because my bust and waist are different sizes, I cant buy button-down shirts ready-made.  So if anyone knows how to add darts or something to a shirt or two, I would instantly become more professional.  And I would love you forever.  (If you are willing to do a personal swap for this, PM me, please!)

Mug:  hand-made (anyone do ceramics?) or hand-decorated.  The stranger, the better, as long as its not something that will make me lose my appetite when I drink from it.  : )

An address book

Duvet cover for a full-sized comforter; something in sunset-y colors.

Ribbon curtains, with yellow and gold and orange sunset-y ribbons:
http://www.michaels.com/art/online/projectsheet?pid=br099

Pajama pants!   Absolutely any fabric as long as theyre soft.  Size M, on the long side.

Pillow filled with buckwheat

Handmade pillar candles, non-scented, or citrus, or vanilla scented

Candle holders-  I have none, so any kind of candle holder would be appreciated, either for the table or for the wall.  For tea lights or pillar candles.

Wrap skirt:  some examples below-
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=237248.0
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=11675104
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=11453358

Canvas tote with something stenciled or embroidered on it (a typewriter?  an owl?  a llama?  skyline of a city?  something else?)- just with long handles, big enough for text books, and an inside pocket would be a bonus but not necessary.

Decorated kitchen towels, Id love something with a 50s pin-up girl/housewife theme

Zippered pouches in bright, fun fabrics:  I had a great one for pencils and pens, and then spilled ink all over it.  Id also like one for toiletries when I travel- a small one, to hold what I would need for a weekend away (toothbrush, hairbrush, etc.)

Art for my bedroom:  To decorate above my bed, in lieu of a headboard.  I want three pieces, ideally, but one to start me off would be wonderful.  At least 8x12.  The walls are soft blue and everything else is going to be in sunset colors- red-golds, burnt oranges, etc.  I like this:  http://www.abstractemporium.co.uk/images/solarflare1.jpg as an example of something kind of abstract, but Im really open to other styles, or other mediums.  Right now I have a shelf type thing behind the bed, so the artwork will lean against the wall.  Im also open to interesting old signs, or wooden plaques, or found objects.  These are completely awesome, for example:  https://www.guild.com/artitem/41367.html?siteID=C56Oo_T4pHo-aROCtN0p8I8QNc9ze15CuQ .   Basically, anything you can see fitting in a pale blue bedroom with a sunset motif going on, I would be thrilled to receive.

Is this make-able?  http://www.bravissimo.com/products/nightwear/mix-and-match-nightwear/bravissimo/bn01-details.aspx?colour=Cream
I feel like it wouldnt be too hard to take a tank top and add some elastic and stretch material on the inside, but Im not such a good seamstress.  I really want this, but I cant afford the price or the shipping.  Its basically just a tank top with a built-in bra, but made in a size different than you can find at Target.

Felted stone rughttp://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=233971.0  So, so cool!

Fabric headbands that tie in the back  (I must have a big head.  The pre-measured ones with elastic give me a headache!); nothing silky, though, or it slips off.

Tall fake flower- realistic-looking (or artistic looking, just as long as its not obviously plastic) orchid, iris, lily, or gerber daisy.  Just one or two would be wonderful.

Craft supplies-
Glass paint and lead liner stuff
Sewing supplies:  quality needles and thread
Wooden cigar boxes

Extras-
Candy or sweets, especially from far away places
Coffee (Im an addict) or tea
Paper and ephemera- even just bits and scraps, if theyre pretty or unusual
Hi-lighters are always, always appreciated.
Throw in your favorite recipe! Im collecting.

Thanks in advance!

« Last Edit: May 19, 2008 11:44:39 AM by defunctbuffalo » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Avesthel
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

♥ birds ♥

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 19, 2008 11:46:48 AM »

I claim defunctbuffalo for some zippered pouches!
This is my 4th claim, 0 in transit, 3 received

I am in Florida in the USA!   Cheesy

Im in my early thirties. My favorite colors are jewel tones like purple, green, blue.  I like black and silver too. I am not fond of pink or orange. I love birds (all:  owls, fat yard birdies, penguins,  parrots, hawks etc). As far as fabrics go, I like more plain fabrics or cute things (not childish though). No small flowers/polka dots/stripes. I love gaming like World of Warcraft or Myst. I like to read and am into fantasy art as well. Lord of the Rings is probably my all time favorite movie series. Star Wars comes in a close second though.  Smiley  I do not like kitschy things, and prefer useful things.

Allergies:  I am allergic to cats. But if you just keep them away from the things you are sending, it should be fine.  Smiley

crafted

* Cross wall-hanging of wire and beads (approx 13" tall).  I love this oneSmiley
    * thrummed mittens (L/XL for man...preferably navy blue, dark grey or dark green with natural colored wool thrums)  http://www.wool-tyme.com/mittens.html
    * A gourd birdhouse like this one.
    * A wooden box painted in the Sticks style.  I love the black and white striped borders they do.  Maybe with a bird and/or heart theme?
    * Funky index card organizer like this one.  Maybe with a steampunk theme?  Smiley
    * Beaded or crocheted/knitted Miser Bag example like this  I love the silver and black combo on the first one. 
    * steampunk resin pendant with clock gears etc in it
    * hand-spun yarn
    * owl or bird stained glass sun catcher
    * Sewn Printer cover like this one.  Very much like a sewing machine cover.  The printer is a tad large though  ((L x W x H): 24.3" x 13" x 8.2").
    * Little bifold wallet like this one.  I do not like magnetic snaps.  Would prefer a regular snap or even velcro instead. Thank you happychick!
    * Knit squares for a blanket!  ala AsphaltQueen I also decided make a knit square blanket from Craftsters squares.  Finished size should be roughly 4 square.  Any pattern you'd like, garter stitch is fine too!  Any type of yarn.   Colors I would prefer to be red, black, white, off white, greys, silver, dark blue Thank yo. threadoryarn!

supplies

* broken vintage watches 
    * scrabble tiles!!   Grin
    * Artist carving blocks like this one
  or this one.
    * Yarn:  I'd like to try some unusual yarns like bamboo, soy or something along those lines. 
    * Grosgrain ribbon - 3/4" - 1".  At least 1 foot long per piece in any color would be great.  Thank you, Mimiw!!   I'll leave this up because I can always use more!  Smiley 
    * BLACK satin ribbon 1/4" in width.  Lots.  Smiley  Like this one.
    * zippers:  polyester teeth, regular style (not invisible or separating), 12" or longer like these:  http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.jsp?CATID=cat2849&PRODID=prd48317   Any colors welcomed although neutrals (white, black, tans) would probably be easier to match.
    * Acrylic paints (fluid acrylics, craft acrylics, thick acrylic in tubes, anything!)
    * Wool felt (not acrylic felt)
    * screenprinting fabric paints (any except black)
    * cute japanese fabric with a bird theme - 1/2 yard or larger
    * old wool sweaters to felt (any size, any color)   Mimiw sent some, but I am always happy to have more though to play with!  Smiley
    * Book:   "Warm Fuzzies: 30 Sweet Felted Projects: Betz White"  Used is fine!  Smiley  Thank you, Mimiw!!
    * learn to embroider kit Thank you, hngoodlett! 

extras

* pocky (would prefer chocolate if possible!)  I have no idea where to purchase this. 
    * coffee from your area of the world

Or something from my wist list.

Thank you in advance if you choose me!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008 09:08:18 PM by Avesthel » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ThreadOrYarn
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: May 19, 2008 12:28:25 PM »

I claim Avesthel for knit squares for a blanket 

This is my fourth claim (1 sent/received).

I'm in Massachusetts US, I do mostly knit, but I also crochet, spin, and used to cross-stitch, embroider and a little bit of tatting. I like the cooler colors (blues, purples, greens) but a little oomph of the red/orange/yellows doesn't hurt either. Nothing holiday themed please - I like being able to use my things all the time, not just a few weeks a year  Grin

My list, in no particular order -

Crafts

a 'dishwasher fairy' doll - in our house, the 'dishwasher fairy' empties the dishwasher when I don't see or ask anyone to do it. I doubt it's very big, maybe 5-6" (27-30cm) and doesn't come around too often Smiley Thanks Daniethanas!

decorated (and absorbent Smiley) kitchen towels, potholders, etc

polymer clay decorated crochet hook or teeny bead-topped knitting needles
(I have the 'plain' knitting needles I can send if there's a beader who can figure out how to attach the beads securely)
Thanks PinUpMommy!

tawashis (japanese style scrubbies - small-ish, acrylic yarn discloths)

wetbag to carry cloth pads (doesn't need to be waterproof, but resistant enough that something damp won't soak through the bag) Thanks 1Boy1Girl1Kitty!

small zippered pouches to keep all the loose stuff in my purse a little less loose Smiley (I've got some great ones from past OWS rounds, and pending from Twizted, but can always use more! Smiley )

small totes (about 6"x6", 15cmx15cm) with longish handles - I use them to hold spinning fiber when I use a handspindle Thanks 1Boy1Girl1Kitty!

handmade pedicure type gels/lotions/kit (but not really a soaking kind of thing)

cotton soap sack with handmade soaps

rubik's cube stuffie (this idea)

double-stitch markers or any stitch markers for small needles (US size 3, 3.25mm or smaller)

A pretty, but not really lacy, ladies crocheted kippah this in one style I like but in purples and/or blues.

neckwarmer/cowl/shortscarf to wear with a pine green coat or an earwarmer/headband to use instead of a hat (I don't look good with the squashed hat-hair look  Wink )

Supplies

1 1/2" (4cm) cotton fabric squares (any color except neon-bright, and no holiday themes please)

Casein Knitting needles

Flex knitting needles (they look like circulars that have been cut in half)

anything to help me improve wire-wrapping beading kind of techniques. I'm self-taught so the teacher doesn't always know what's going on Cheesy

New Pathways for Sockknitters book by Cat Bordhi
Cool Socks, Warm Feet by Lucy Neatby
Andean Folk Knits by Marcia Lewandowski
(pre-owned books in good condition are just fine with me)

something from, or based on, my etsy favorites or my wists

Extras
Chocolate, plain or with nuts (unless you want to share with the hubby - he likes the mint & fruit-filled chocolates)
tea, hot chocolate mixes
Gone With The Wind (paperback book) by Margaret Mitchell
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008 01:30:25 PM by ThreadOrYarn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Daniethanas
Wife, Sister, Daughter, Friend, Crocheter

Hookin' like a fiend these days...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: May 19, 2008 12:34:25 PM »

I know I said I wouldn't do this... BUT... I claim ThreadorYarn for a dishwasher fairy doll. Sorry, can't resist. Smiley

This is my 3rd claim, 0 sent, 2 received.

I live in New England and have my whole life, mostly in the "Merrimack Valley" area of Northeastern MA/Southern NH. We're in the process of buying a house on the NH/MA border right now. New England beaches in the summer and the trees in the winter are awesome... I could do without so much snow, but it is what it is. I'm a pretty mellow, happy gal. My husband is a computer geek big time and I'm the crafty one. We make an interesting pair... Smiley

My favorite colors are purples, pinks, blues, greens with neutral tones mixed in OR earthy-type tones. Nothing TOO bright or TOO dark! I love Gerbera Daisies and tropical things. If you're worried about styling or anything, check out my Wists for inspiration or just feel free to ask me.

Allergies - only long-haired cats, but can wash off pet-hair (I still visit my grandparents and get by!). I'm a non-smoker so while not allergic would prefer non-smoke smelling stuffs. If you have any questions about anything, please feel free to ask me! Smiley

Ongoing Wish Swap List:

Crafts:
- Quilted or sewn tote bag (average sized) for carrying crochet projects
- Quilted-type purse (Vera Bradley-esque), sturdy and big enough if I wanted to carry a book or small items out of a store (that I paid for of course!). Would like it to have some sort of closure (zipper, button)
- Cloth napkins
- Homemade notecards/envelopes Scored big on this - Thanks ScienceisSexy!
- Homemade bookmarks (I'm a bookmark hoarder!!!) - Got a gorgeous one from KimberlyPye! Thanks! (But I heart bookmarks, so will take more).
- Lanyard w/ clip for my work ID (beaded or cloth)
- Nintendo character Perler Bead Coasters
- Candles in coconut scents
- Soaps in coconut scents (for my hubby)
- Knitted socks (I'm a shoe size 7.5-8 US Women's)
- A pretty and sturdy apron
- Fabric kerchiefs/bandanas (in cute patterns)
- Handmade hot/cold pack (one of the ones stuffed with beads or rice or whatever; the one we have is starting to smell!)
- Quilted placemats (for our new kitchen in earthy type tones... our counter is going to be dark green, floor a goldenrod-ish color tile, cabinets "Paprika" in Cherry wood, walls are "linen" or off-white with white trim) Something like this would go really well in our new kitchen: http://www.wists.com/yelliebabi/337bfc98df9f2ba362ba6990d007267b?offset=0
- Poly-clay stitch markers for knitting (for a friend)
- Reading Pillow kind of like this, but not this fabric (not my style): http://www.montessoribyhand.net/patterns/readingpillow.html

Craft Supplies:
- Any kind of hand-spun yarn. I've never had/tried any!
- Cotton Yarn, worsted weight (Got some from KimberlyPye - thanks! - but need to keep the cotton stash growing)
- Wool Yarn, any weight
- Bulky weight yarn that feels nice and soft (good for scarf making!)
- Any kind of interesting yarn (bamboo, alpaca, yak, rabbit, soy, etc.) in worsted weight
- One of them ball winders that you attach to a table and crank
- Rare earth magnets
- Crochet hooks of any size B-Q (never can have too many, I say!)
- Safety eyes in black, any size
- Safety eyes in animal type colors/shapes
- Safety animal noses
- Stitch N' Bitch "Happy Hooker" book - gently used is OK!
- Embroidery thread (any colors... I don't have any!)
- Perler beads
- Glue gun glue sticks (again - can never have too many!)
- Modge Podge
- Those scissors that cut out cool edges Smiley All set with these... Thanks KimberlyPye!
- Non-rusting pins with bigger tops that I can use for blocking; the ones I have are getting lost in the yarn!

Extras:

- Check out my "Wists" for ideas, of course! It's pretty updated. http://www.wists.com/yelliebabi
- I collect beanie bears from various locations and keep them in my craft area. (I already have: MA, CT, NY, NV, KS, FL, TX, and Jamaica)
- Coconut or Pineapple smelling ANYTHING. I love it!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008 12:41:46 PM by Daniethanas » THIS ROCKS   Logged

AsphaltQueen
« Reply #145 on: May 19, 2008 12:48:33 PM »

I claim Daniethanas for yarn!

This is my third claim (three allowed, 2 sent, 1 received) and I am in the U.S. Here's a mini-bio with more info than you'll ever want.   Wink

I'm 32 and live in the lovely state of Michigan with my wonderful husband and our beagle, Snort. Snort's idea of the good life is eating, sleeping and eating her own poo. She's my fur-baby, and while we don't treat her like a human child, she is a member of our family. I own an asphalt company with my Dad and work about 70-80 hours a week in the summer, so I basically have no life, including crafting, from May through the end of November. However, come December, I get to craft like a crazy woman! My husband works for a minor league baseball team, so luckily our schedules coordinate somewhat and while we rarely see each other in the summer for more than an hour or two at a time, we do get to hang out in the winter. We've been married for a little over a year and are still enjoying each other's company. I'm a flittering crafter, I like to try everything once and the things I really enjoy, I keep up with. My current favorites are knitting (my first adult sweater is STILL on the needles and it's getting really hard to keep going!) and papercrafts, though I'm trying to get back into watercolors and really need to start using my pottery wheel again. Things I'd really like to try at some point are resin, crochet (mainly for amigurumi, but also for things like blankets, 'cause crochet sounds like it's quicker for that), and needle felting. I like sarcastic wit and jokes that make you think, and I seem to be experiencing a renewed love for the '80s. Favorite tv show of all time is The Office and favorite movies are Real Genius (with a very young Val Kilmer) and the original Willy Wonka (c'mon, a movie all about candy!) I love nature and waterfalls are my favorite places to check out. And my favorite food in the whole world is donuts. Best flavor explosion - a fresh, hot, plain cake donut, straight from the oven with a glass of apple cider. Go, Quality Dairy! (Will only make sense to anyone from the greater Lansing area in Michigan.) I dislike mean people, people who are stupid by choice, soy sauce, political campaigns, and having religion preached to me without an invitation.

Please feel free to look over my wists as I like everything on there and wisty surprises are fun, fun, fun!!! Thank you so, so much to anyone who chooses me!

CRAFTED ITEMS

KNIT/CROCHET/YARN
  • neckwarmers Any color is fine, I'd just like it to be soft!
  • knit squares I love thisthrow and decided to start requesting knit squares from Craftsters. Anything is fine, any colors, any patterns, any yarn, any gauge. Finished size should be roughly 4 square.
  • knit socks (womens size 9) 
  • amigurumi or needle-felted or felt beagle (Ill fight ya for this one, Grieney!)
  • amigurumi or needle-felted or felt hippopotamus
  • amigurumi or needle-felted or felt cookie monster (actually, any of the old-school sesame street characters would be great and Ive even got free patterns listed on my wist!)
  • amigurumi or needle-felted or felt pelican
  • pair of knit half-finger gloves with a fold-over mitten flap
  • Handspun yarn or art yarn. (please make sure theres enough yardage to do a small project, like a scarflette or something, so probably a minimum of 80 yards?)
  • Knit shrug - on the off-chance that someone is just itchin to do one, Ive got a few listed on my wist
  • hand-dyed yarn (anything but neons is fine, ocean-y colors in blues and/or greens would be spectacular, and it can just be a solid color, it doesn't have to be verigated or self-striping or whatever that's called - those kool-aid dyed yarns look cool to me!)

SEWN
  • throw pillow covers I think they're 12"x12", I can measure them for sure. Our living room walls are tan, and I'd love something that has burgundy, sage, orange and/or yellow. They need to be removable and washable, thanks to the dog. Button closure or zipper is fine. They don't have to be the same fabric, but I would like them to coordinate. And, just to be difficult, I'd like four.
  • sewing machine cover I like the lines of this one, but would like a fabric to coordinate with my craft room (kind of an olive green color on the walls, I can link you to pics). Funky fabric and/or embellishments you think I would like are terrific, but a pretty cover would be great, too!
  • a box bag like  this
  • some type of overnight bag that has a few pockets (interior or exterior) to hold misc. toiletries and stuff (Ive seen some Amy Butler ones that are cute, but it doesnt necessarily have to be that involved or fancy unless you feel like it basic tote with interior pockets is fine by me. Oh, and it doesn't have to be fancy fabric, either.)
  • Pair of Strawberry Shortcake, Super Mario, Smurfs or PacMan long pajama pants (any fabric is fine, PM for measurements but I wear a Nick and Noras size large if that helps)
  • Pair of Strawberry Shortcake, Super Mario, Smurfs, or PacMan pajama shorts (any fabric is fine, PM for measurements but I wear a Nick and Noras size large if that helps)
  • a rice pack (preferably with a removable cover, but I could sew that myself) that can go in the microwave or freezer

ART/PAPERCRAFTS
  • your original artwork, whatever medium you like (I prefer smaller pieces, nothing larger than 8x10 unless you PM me first to make sure I have a place to display it) you can check my wist for inspiration, but Ill love anything that isnt political, religious or deals with death
  • inchies or ACEOs

SILKSCREEN/IRON-ONS/ETC.
  • silkscreened t-shirt with the phrase    neat-o mosquito     (feel free to add a cool image if you have one) womens large, 38-40 bust
  • t-shirt like this one that errka made for me last year that I have worn and washed so much the graphic is falling apart!  womens large, 38-40 bust   http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=155224.msg1545936#msg1545936
  • silkscreened or handpainted or stenciled t-shirt, basically animal/nature stuff  (Ive got a few on my wists for inspiration) womens large, 38-40 bust

JEWELRY/ACCESSORIES
  • headbands. I need to start wearing my hear in something other than ponytail holders, so I figured Id try some headbands. I guess any style is fine? My hair is thinning and is somewhat fine, so if that means anything and Id prefer more muted colors/fabric, think classy rather than flamboyant or childish.
  • A glass or soldered or resin pendant Ive got examples on my wists of some I like, or choose an image you think Id like!
  • Pelican pendant sculpy, glass, collaged, resin, whatever!

MISCELLANEOUS
  • steampunk inspired anything artwork, bookmarks, jewelry, whatever!
  • fun stuff for my office I don't have much room on my desk, but I can hang things on the wall or stick 'em on filing cabinets. Anything you think might make me smile or would help me to relax after a looong day would be terrific!
  • hand-carved rubber stamps
  • custom tags for my knit items I gift to family and friends (PM me for info)
  • A gnome/hobbit mini-door. Ive got at least one on my wists for reference.
  • Anything on the theme of Happy Homemaker with a twist (tongue-in-cheek kind of things) notepad, pendant, artwork, tote, t-shirt, whatever!
  • Anything on my wists Im constantly adding new items and there's lots of small/medium items on there!

CRAFTY-SUPPLY ITEMS
  • Berrocco Comfort Yarn Worsted Weight any color except for neons is great
  • Lisas Knits Readers Wrap pattern used is fine, but heres a link, too.
  • Banana silk yarn, any color (havent tried this before!)
  • Yak yarn, any color (havent tried this before and I know its expensive, so remnants/small amounts are fine!)
  • Michael Miller or Amy Butler (or similar style) cotton fabric, at least a yard, please! (Ive got some samples on my wists of what I like)
  • "cutesy Japanese cotton fabrics, at least   yard or fat quarter, please! (Ive got some samples on my wists of what I like, but I tend to prefer the neutral backgrounds with little animals)
  • Weird or unique rubber or acrylic stamps. Zetti-type images, dancing animals, retro images, basically stuff you cant find at JoAnns (Ive got a few samples on my wists). Used is perfectly fine!
  • How to Do Resin Kit (I know nothing and have nothing)
  • Jar of Whimsies" Anything I could use for altered art, etc.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2008 12:56:23 PM by AsphaltQueen » THIS ROCKS   Logged

irasema

I'm creative - you can't expect me to be neat too!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #146 on: May 19, 2008 01:05:23 PM »

i claim asphaltQueen for amigurumi hippo, art and surprise

wait for list...

2nd claim (1 sent, 1 received)

hi im irasema and im a crafter! i live in alabama but i am not a southern girl. i am 27 and have a super supportive husband that puts up with me {he's a southern boy}. we have two VERY hairy dogs.
i break out when i wear hemp. i dont like pastels nor shabby chic. i hate doilies and refuse to have them enter my house (can you tell i was traumatized as a child?).
 i love owls and ninjas, robots and hearts. i tend to like a broad range of things and colors. i love folk-kitschi mexican decor and also super cute kawaii things. i love retro 50's, 60's and 70's stuff.  i am into cute things and am obsessed with supplies. anything else just ask!

Crafted items:

anything from my wist {in signature} or my favorite projects on my profile!

Journal case - LOVE THIS! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=243955.msg2695196;topicseen#msg2695196

jewelry - earrings, necklaces, pendants, charms, cuffs

resin pendant - maybe with buttons inside

couch craft organizer - like the one here maybe in brown.. http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=230844.270;topicseen

pin cushion- cute, embroidered, felt, in a teacup anything!

sewing machine cover- oilcloth would be super-duper awesome!

pillows or pillow covers - i can stuff!

ninja stuffie or pillow

totes or big roomie purses with long handles!

crochet or knitted socks - shoe size 10

scarfs -fun chunky cute http://www.wists.com/irasema/scarf

hats- slouchy beanie or see http://www.wists.com/irasema/hat

lip balm or soaps {minty or herby or fruity, nothing flowery nor coconut}

supplies:

buttons... i like plastic and fun colors 2 holes, 4 holes, shanks, shaped, cute
scrapbook paper - KI memories, american crafts, bam pop, sei, love elsie,
scrapbook/craft flowers - i love prima flowers or anything similar
scrapbook embelishments - felt shapes, any size tags, brads, eyelets, paper clips
clear acrylic stamps - i would love to get bam pop stamps but i'll take anything!
ribbons - printed, felt, lace, fibers, rick rack at least 12" long
skeleton keys
cool beads - i havent met a bead i didnt like well except little bitty seed beads
yarn - i dont have much yarn so anything goes just no eyelash thanks Daniethanas!
thimble (i'm always loosing them!)
jewelry findings - prefer anything but shiny gold
Embroidery - Floss, needles, hoops, kitschy embr designs
Needle felting - needles, bits of wool rovin (cant spell)
felt - acrylic or wool
craft books/magazines- im ok with pre-owned {card making, scrapbook, jewelry, crochet, general crafts, etc}
2" and under button/pin maker

Extras:
my husband loves chocolate
i love coffee
puzzle books {cross words, sudoku, fill-in, etc}
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008 01:09:52 PM by irasema » THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIST | BLOG | pintrest
dont mind me.... i'm rather random
purpleone
« Reply #147 on: May 19, 2008 01:36:52 PM »

I claim irasema for...
buttons... i like plastic and fun colors 2 holes, 4 holes, shanks, shaped, cute
Embroidery - Floss, needles, hoops, kitschy embr designs
and ribbons - printed, felt, lace, fibers, rick rack at least 12" long

This is my 1st claim this round and I'm in the UK Smiley

CRAFTS

Fabric belts - I'd love some in either realistic animal fabric (love this sort of thing http://www.wists.com/purplewist/28a0591cdefded7021d44fb469785eed?offset=20) or retro superhero fabric.

Movable scissor necklace
http://www.wists.com/purplewist/b229e5cf9807a52f32aed32cbccac9e0?offset=60

5 or 6 fabric curlers - any design you come up with that'd make my hair less poker-straight would be great  Maybe snap fasteners rather than buttons would be easier to sew?
-Keeperrox's tute: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=235779.0;topicseen
-Life with monkey's tute: http://lifewithmonkey.wordpress.com/2007/09/03/hair-curler-sewing-tutorial

Crocheted Super Mario panel
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=238993.msg2625451#msg2625451

Something along the lines of this simple sewn top. Any cotton or cotton blend fabric in a neutral or cool colour.
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=332807

A handpainted or woodburned box
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=224797.90
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=241651.msg2673236#msg2673236

A sewn fabric bucket.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=204022.0

The 'no-sew NES wallet'
http://www.instructables.com/id/SQ720CAF11S8R88/

Something unique to wear - maybe a reconstructed shirt inspired by the 'Button Down Tee'?
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=110038.0

Sewing storage bag
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=73010.0

A couple of cloth pads with wings and a fastener. I've never used them so to start off would love to try some really thin ones for days when I just want a 'backup'

SUPPLIES (pre-loved is just fine!)

Quilting rulers/6-8" plastic quilt square templates

Embroidery scissors

Realistic (rather than cartoon/cutesy) fabric with bears, snakes, bats or seals. Big wish!

Coin purse flex frames
http://www.u-handbag.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14&products_id=164

Ink pads

Clear-lidded containers of any shape/size
http://www.sks-bottle.com/340c/fin7c.html

Fabric with a take-out/junk food theme.

EXTRAS

Fruity/green tea or candy (especially anything grape flavour) is always popular in our house Cheesy

Green tea powder for baking

Anything wisty!

About me... I'm a homely gal who loves animals (especially grizzly/black bears, snakes, seals and bats Cheesy), earthy, cool colours and non-girly, simple designs. I take a US 8 in clothing.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008 02:03:30 PM by purpleone » THIS ROCKS   Logged
countingtosleep
« Reply #148 on: May 19, 2008 02:04:54 PM »

I claim purpleone for something from her wists.

1st claim this round, 0 sent, 0 received!

Im Laura and I live in England.

My list:

Crafts

-A sewing bag- just like the one posted on this page in pink http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=73010.0

-A messenger bag, quite large. Id love it in vintage fabric or bold retro prints or splashy flowers!

-A tape measure tote bag!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=149589.msg1538450#msg1538450

-Fabric belts, I love the fabric and buckle on this version, but other fabrics are fine too!

http://www.wists.com/countintgtosleep/aeda5bb7c1ac49c6dae24c6fd6d65ccf?offset=0

-Any craft inspired by France or all things French. Id love things made out of fabric saying things like Bonjour of with pictures of the Eiffel tower. Some examples:

http://www.wists.com/countintgtosleep/838480488dd351724df42b203ac054ec?offset=0

http://www.wists.com/countintgtosleep/f103618543d29bf31ddf81e3d234aa72?offset=0

http://www.wists.com/countintgtosleep/77700d1a006036b713bf66d7c671625e?offset=0

-Anything with Russian Dolls on, some examples:

http://www.wists.com/countintgtosleep/bf5dc39cf4f89951988b3d9ed6417dcd?offset=0

http://www.wists.com/countintgtosleep/3032256cb00f63578676ddb2fa9146a7?offset=0

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=10766699

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=10938626

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=10907994

- Zines. If you make a zine I would love to read it, as I love zines so much!- I got some great zines from catpants last round, but Im keeping this wish up- because I can always have more!   Wink

Supplies

- Sewing supplies and notions- hand sewing needles, pins, cute pincushions, thread for my sewing machine, bias binding, interfacing, bag handles, magnetic snaps, and buttons!

- Fabric! I like vintage looking, retro prints, Japanese inspired, cherry blossoms, cute animals, nautical stripes, splashy flowers. Well actually anything really! Preferably cottons or linens.

- Ribbon, charms and beads.

- Handspun yarn. I got some gorgeous yarn from catpants last round, but Im keeping this wish up- because I can always have more!  Smiley

- Magazines like Craft (I already have Issue #1), Nylon, Bust or any other crafty magazines.

- Roving for making felted beads.

- Candle making kit.

-Any Amy Butler patterns, especially the Weekender Bag pattern, but all of her patterns are lovely so that would be great.

- Embroidery patters, especially this:

http://www.wists.com/countintgtosleep/1979e1c997f41874690eb1ba82013a89?offset=0

-Soap making kit.

- Pretty papers for collaging/ ATCs.

- Heather Bailey fabric, as Im making a quilt out of her fabric- any pieces would be lovely!

-Amy Butler fabric

- Vintage sewing patterns. Im a modern day US size 4/ UK size 8, so I guess size small, although Im not sure of the sizing on vintage patterns.

-Anything from or inspired by my wists!!!

-Anything from or inspired by my Etsy favourites.

http://www.etsy.com/favorite_listings_public.php?user_id=5451902

Extras

Chocolate or foody stuff from your area of the world would be lovely.

Thanks in advance to anyone who picks one of my wishes!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008 02:07:39 PM by countingtosleep » THIS ROCKS   Logged
purpleone
« Reply #149 on: May 19, 2008 02:25:23 PM »

I claim countingtosleep for
Sewing supplies and notions- hand sewing needles, pins, cute pincushions, thread for my sewing machine, bias binding, interfacing, bag handles, magnetic snaps, and buttons!
and
Fabric! I like vintage looking, retro prints, Japanese inspired, cherry blossoms, cute animals, nautical stripes, splashy flowers. Well actually anything really! Preferably cottons or linens.

This is my 2nd claim this round and I'm in the UK Smiley

CRAFTS

Fabric belts - I'd love some in either realistic animal fabric (love this sort of thing http://www.wists.com/purplewist/28a0591cdefded7021d44fb469785eed?offset=20) or retro superhero fabric (Spiderman would be amazing Grin)

Movable scissor necklace
http://www.wists.com/purplewist/b229e5cf9807a52f32aed32cbccac9e0?offset=60

5 or 6 fabric curlers - any design you come up with that'd make my hair less poker-straight would be great  Maybe snap fasteners rather than buttons would be easier to sew?
-Keeperrox's tute: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=235779.0;topicseen
-Life with monkey's tute: http://lifewithmonkey.wordpress.com/2007/09/03/hair-curler-sewing-tutorial

Crocheted Super Mario panel
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=238993.msg2625451#msg2625451

Something along the lines of this simple sewn top. Any cotton or cotton blend fabric in a neutral or cool colour.
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=332807

A handpainted or woodburned box
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=224797.90
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=241651.msg2673236#msg2673236

A sewn fabric bucket.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=204022.0

The 'no-sew NES wallet'
http://www.instructables.com/id/SQ720CAF11S8R88/

Something unique to wear - maybe a reconstructed shirt inspired by the 'Button Down Tee'?
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=110038.0

Sewing storage bag
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=73010.0

A couple of cloth pads with wings and a fastener. I've never used them so to start off would love to try some really thin ones for days when I just want a 'backup'

SUPPLIES (pre-loved is just fine!)

Quilting rulers/6-8" plastic quilt square templates

Embroidery scissors

Realistic (rather than cartoon/cutesy) fabric with bears, snakes, bats or seals. Big wish!

Coin purse flex frames
http://www.u-handbag.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14&products_id=164

Ink pads

Clear-lidded containers of any shape/size
http://www.sks-bottle.com/340c/fin7c.html

Fabric with a take-out/junk food theme.

EXTRAS

Fruit flavoured teas and candy (especially anything grape flavour) are always appreciated in our house!

Green tea powder for baking

About me... I'm a homely gal who loves animals (especially grizzly/black bears, snakes, seals and bats Cheesy), earthy, cool colours and non-girly, simple designs. I take a US 8 in clothing.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008 02:29:46 PM by purpleone » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Wear Stylish Belts
How to Wear Scarves in New York
How to Wear Wellies
How to Wear a Knit Hat
How to Wear Hats in New York
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Art Dolls
Meatless Monday: Texas Pecan Pesto
@Home This Weekend: Celebrate Your State

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...