A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,024
Currently Running With Scissors:
445 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap Round 34  (Read 32081 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

nofury

With every breath of honesty, I strip before you.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2008 04:15:49 PM »

Ok! Craftster has decided to cooperate, so I claim Banga for an anklet, maybe something fun and beaded or a little bit jingly and possibly something from her wist if I can find the pieces....

1st claim, 0 sent, 0 received.

I live in Wilmington, NC. I'm a vegetarian: somewhere between semi & ovo-lacto (AKA I do eat fish). I love Japanese art and culture. Anything crafted out of Japanese fabric would be wonderful. I love green & nature. I have a kitty, and we live together in a downtown apartment. I'm into the wonder of bamboo: just got some yarn in another swap!!! More than anything I definitely prefer stuff that can be used! I'm in an apartment, and as said by others, space is a premium!

Crafted:
Kimono inspired hoodie: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=177160.0
Duvet cover like this but with green on tan: http://greenergrassdesign.com/amenitytwigduvetalmondandcocoa.html
Shirt: http://www.brigitte.de/kreativ/selbermachen/wickeltop/index.html
Hipslinger: like the one on 33, not the rounded ones: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=31379.300
Picture of my cat: pastels or something. Life-like would be great! I can e-mail pics.
Place mats for work: place mats with pockets for silverware, etc. Can match or not. That's kewl.
Laptop bag: if the fabric has green leaves on it, that would be PERFECT!
Cloth napkins: finished size 12" x 12". Just one from you is fine. I would like to have a wonderfully mis-matched collection. ***NEW***

Really, super wants!:
Branch shelf: This would be so easy to make if I had the tools!!!
http://www.westelm.com/online/store/ProductDisplay?partNumber=WE-PRODw276&storeId=17001&langId=-1&catalogId=17002&viewSetCode=E&parentId=WE-SH1WALSHE&retainNav=true&cmsrc=WE-SH1WALSHE
Earrings/Necklace like these: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=229000.0

Supplies:
Crochet hooks
Would love, love, love some hand spun yarn! I've never had any before.
Book on making Sushi used is fine!
Japanese Fabric Small pieces are fine!
Japanese Craft Book used is ok!
Sublime Stitching: Chinatown & Sushi bar
Yarn: Colors inspired by nature: greens, blues, reds. No acrylic please! Bamboo/Cotton/Organic Cotton would be wonderful. Please no neons or super brights. Smiley
Any Amy Butler Pattern: used is fine! Just want to give it a try. Smiley (I have the weekender bag pattern.)
Amy Butler Fabric:
Ring Mandrel: Used is fine!
Bamboo or Japanese inspired ribbon: 3/4 inch
Gocco: I can dream! It could happen!
Gift Tag Diecut: They have some at AC Moore here, but only tiny ones. I really, really, really want one of the larger ones that will make around a 3" long tag.
Glass beads: Nature-inspired shapes/colors. I LOVE green, anything Asian inspired, travel inspired.
Jewelry planning tray: I don't know what they're really called, but you can use them to layout your necklace etc. plans before actually stringing them.
Soap base: No Life of the Party, please. Pieces are fine!
Leaf beads/buttons
Sock yarn: would love to try self-patterning...with a pattern...lol
Microscope slides
IKEA fabric: closest store is 6 hrs away! There are SEVERAL I like. PM me, and I'll give you a list! ***NEW***

Recipies/Instructions/Kits:

Natural Deoderant kit and instructions.
Needle Felting kit
Embroidery kit Thanks randymacker07!
Stamp-making kit
Embossing kit 

Extras
Map of the London Underground. I had one, but.... ***NEW***
I really love Pokies. I can't help myself.  Undecided
Any vegetarian/vegan recipes that you like. I would love to try some new ones! (I don't really like beans.)***NEW***

I also have a Wist: some good stuff there!
If you think I would like something that isn't directly on my list, feel free to PM me!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008 04:24:31 PM by nofury » THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2009! 26/50
Flickr!
Wist!
"We are all trapped in the amber of the moment. There is no why." --K. Vonnegut
AsphaltQueen
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2008 04:17:10 PM »

Ohh, I claim nofury for a mini-yarngasm. Even before she posts her list!  Grin

This is my first claim (three allowed, 0 sent, 0 received) and I am in the U.S. Here's a mini-bio with more info than you'll ever want.   Wink

I'm 32 and live in the lovely state of Michigan with my wonderful husband and our beagle, Snort. Snort's idea of the good life is eating, sleeping and eating her own poo. She's my fur-baby, and while we don't treat her like a human child, she is a member of our family. I own an asphalt company with my Dad and work about 70-80 hours a week in the summer, so I basically have no life, including crafting, from May through the end of November. However, come December, I get to craft like a crazy woman! My husband works for a minor league baseball team, so luckily our schedules coordinate somewhat and while we rarely see each other in the summer for more than an hour or two at a time, we do get to hang out in the winter. We've been married for a little over a year and are still enjoying each other's company. I'm a flittering crafter, I like to try everything once and the things I really enjoy, I keep up with. My current favorites are knitting (my first adult sweater is on the needles and it's getting really hard to keep going!) and papercrafts, though I'm trying to get back into watercolors and really need to start using my pottery wheel again. Things I'd really like to try at some point are resin, crochet (mainly for amigurumi, but also for things like blankets, 'cause crochet sounds like it's quicker for that), and needle felting. I like sarcastic wit and jokes that make you think, and I seem to be experiencing a renewed love for the '80s. Favorite tv show of all time is The Office and favorite movies are Real Genius (with a very young Val Kilmer) and the original Willy Wonka (c'mon, a movie all about candy!) I love nature and waterfalls are my favorite places to check out. And my favorite food in the whole world is donuts. Best flavor explosion - a fresh, hot, plain cake donut, straight from the oven with a glass of apple cider. Go, Quality Dairy! (Will only make sense to anyone from the greater Lansing area in Michigan.) I dislike mean people, people who are stupid by choice, soy sauce, political campaigns, and having religion preached to me without an invitation.

Please feel free to look over my wists as I like everything on there and wisty surprises are fun, fun, fun!!! Thank you so, so much to anyone who chooses me!

CRAFTED ITEMS

KNIT/CROCHET/YARN
  • knit squares I love thisthrow and decided to start requesting knit squares from Craftsters. Anything is fine, any colors, any patterns, any yarn, any gauge. Finished size should be roughly 4 square.
  • knit socks (womens size 9) 
  • amigurumi or needle-felted or felt beagle (Ill fight ya for this one, Grieney!)
  • amigurumi or needle-felted or felt hippopotamus
  • amigurumi or needle-felted or felt cookie monster (actually, any of the old-school sesame street characters would be great and Ive even got free patterns listed on my wist!)
  • amigurumi or needle-felted or felt pelican
  • pair of knit half-finger gloves with a fold-over mitten flap
  • Handspun yarn or art yarn. (please make sure theres enough yardage to do a small project, like a scarflette or something, so probably a minimum of 80 yards?)
  • Knit shrug - on the off-chance that someone is just itchin to do one, Ive got a few listed on my wist
  • hand-dyed yarn (anything but neons is fine, ocean-y colors in blues and/or greens would be spectacular, and it can just be a solid color, it doesn't have to be verigated or self-striping or whatever that's called - those kool-aid dyed yarns look cool to me!)

SEWN
  • sewing machine cover I like the lines of this one, but would like a fabric to coordinate with my craft room (kind of an olive green color on the walls, I can link you to pics). Funky fabric and/or embellishments you think I would like are terrific, but a pretty cover would be great, too!
  • a box bag like  this
  • some type of overnight bag that has a few pockets (interior or exterior) to hold misc. toiletries and stuff (Ive seen some Amy Butler ones that are cute, but it doesnt necessarily have to be that involved or fancy unless you feel like it basic tote with interior pockets is fine by me. Oh, and it doesn't have to be fancy fabric, either.)
  • Pair of Strawberry Shortcake, Super Mario, Smurfs or PacMan long pajama pants (any fabric is fine, PM for measurements but I wear a Nick and Noras size large if that helps)
  • Pair of Strawberry Shortcake, Super Mario, Smurfs, or PacMan pajama shorts (any fabric is fine, PM for measurements but I wear a Nick and Noras size large if that helps)
  • a rice pack (preferably with a removable cover, but I could sew that myself) that can go in the microwave or freezer

ART/PAPERCRAFTS
  • your original artwork, whatever medium you like (I prefer smaller pieces, nothing larger than 8x10 unless you PM me first to make sure I have a place to display it) you can check my wist for inspiration, but Ill love anything that isnt political, religious or deals with death
  • inchies or ACEOs

SILKSCREEN/IRON-ONS/ETC.
  • silkscreened t-shirt with the phrase    neat-o mosquito     (feel free to add a cool image if you have one) womens large, 38-40 bust
  • t-shirt like this one that errka made for me last year that I have worn and washed so much the graphic is falling apart!  womens large, 38-40 bust   http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=155224.msg1545936#msg1545936
  • silkscreened or handpainted or stenciled t-shirt, basically animal/nature stuff  (Ive got a few on my wists for inspiration) womens large, 38-40 bust

JEWELRY/ACCESSORIES
  • headbands. I need to start wearing my hear in something other than ponytail holders, so I figured Id try some headbands. I guess any style is fine? My hair is thinning and is somewhat fine, so if that means anything and Id prefer more muted colors/fabric, think classy rather than flamboyant or childish.
  • A glass or soldered or resin pendant Ive got examples on my wists of some I like, or choose an image you think Id like!
  • Pelican pendant sculpy, glass, collaged, resin, whatever!

MISCELLANEOUS
  • hand-carved rubber stamps of your design
  • custom tags for my knit items I gift to family and friends (PM me for info)
  • A gnome/hobbit mini-door. Ive got at least one on my wists for reference.
  • Anything on the theme of Happy Homemaker with a twist (tongue-in-cheek kind of things) notepad, pendant, artwork, tote, t-shirt, whatever!
  • Anything on my wists Im constantly adding new items and there's lots of small/medium items on there!

CRAFTY-SUPPLY ITEMS
  • Berrocco Comfort Yarn Worsted Weight any color except for neons is great
  • Lisas Knits Readers Wrap pattern used is fine, but heres a link, too.
  • Banana silk yarn, any color (havent tried this before!)
  • Yak yarn, any color (havent tried this before and I know its expensive, so remnants/small amounts are fine!)
  • Michael Miller or Amy Butler (or similar style) cotton fabric, at least a yard, please! (Ive got some samples on my wists of what I like)
  • "cutesy Japanese cotton fabrics, at least   yard or fat quarter, please! (Ive got some samples on my wists of what I like, but I tend to prefer the neutral backgrounds with little animals)
  • Weird or unique rubber or acrylic stamps. Zetti-type images, dancing animals, retro images, basically stuff you cant find at JoAnns (Ive got a few samples on my wists). Used is perfectly fine!
  • How to Do Resin Kit (I know nothing and have nothing)
[/list]
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008 04:22:42 PM by AsphaltQueen » THIS ROCKS   Logged

nofury

With every breath of honesty, I strip before you.

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2008 04:26:29 PM »

AsphaltQueen just confused the BAGEESES out of me. So, for that I'm claiming her for a wisty suprise.

2nd claim, 0 sent, 0 received.

I live in Wilmington, NC. I'm a vegetarian: somewhere between semi & ovo-lacto (AKA I do eat fish). I love Japanese art and culture. Anything crafted out of Japanese fabric would be wonderful. I love green & nature. I have a kitty, and we live together in a downtown apartment. I'm into the wonder of bamboo: just got some yarn in another swap!!! More than anything I definitely prefer stuff that can be used! I'm in an apartment, and as said by others, space is a premium!

Crafted:
Kimono inspired hoodie: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=177160.0
Duvet cover like this but with green on tan: http://greenergrassdesign.com/amenitytwigduvetalmondandcocoa.html
Shirt: http://www.brigitte.de/kreativ/selbermachen/wickeltop/index.html
Hipslinger: like the one on 33, not the rounded ones: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=31379.300
Picture of my cat: pastels or something. Life-like would be great! I can e-mail pics.
Place mats for work: place mats with pockets for silverware, etc. Can match or not. That's kewl.
Laptop bag: if the fabric has green leaves on it, that would be PERFECT!
Cloth napkins: finished size 12" x 12". Just one from you is fine. I would like to have a wonderfully mis-matched collection. ***NEW***

Really, super wants!:
Branch shelf: This would be so easy to make if I had the tools!!!
http://www.westelm.com/online/store/ProductDisplay?partNumber=WE-PRODw276&storeId=17001&langId=-1&catalogId=17002&viewSetCode=E&parentId=WE-SH1WALSHE&retainNav=true&cmsrc=WE-SH1WALSHE
Earrings/Necklace like these: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=229000.0

Supplies:
Crochet hooks
Would love, love, love some hand spun yarn! I've never had any before.
Book on making Sushi used is fine!
Japanese Fabric Small pieces are fine!
Japanese Craft Book used is ok!
Sublime Stitching: Chinatown & Sushi bar
Yarn: Colors inspired by nature: greens, blues, reds. No acrylic please! Bamboo/Cotton/Organic Cotton would be wonderful. Please no neons or super brights. Smiley
Any Amy Butler Pattern: used is fine! Just want to give it a try. Smiley (I have the weekender bag pattern.)
Amy Butler Fabric:
Ring Mandrel: Used is fine!
Bamboo or Japanese inspired ribbon: 3/4 inch
Gocco: I can dream! It could happen!
Gift Tag Diecut: They have some at AC Moore here, but only tiny ones. I really, really, really want one of the larger ones that will make around a 3" long tag.
Glass beads: Nature-inspired shapes/colors. I LOVE green, anything Asian inspired, travel inspired.
Jewelry planning tray: I don't know what they're really called, but you can use them to layout your necklace etc. plans before actually stringing them.
Soap base: No Life of the Party, please. Pieces are fine!
Leaf beads/buttons
Sock yarn: would love to try self-patterning...with a pattern...lol
Microscope slides
IKEA fabric: closest store is 6 hrs away! There are SEVERAL I like. PM me, and I'll give you a list! ***NEW***

Recipies/Instructions/Kits:

Natural Deoderant kit and instructions.
Needle Felting kit
Embroidery kit Thanks randymacker07!
Stamp-making kit
Embossing kit 

Extras
Map of the London Underground. I had one, but.... ***NEW***
I really love Pokies. I can't help myself.  Undecided
Any vegetarian/vegan recipes that you like. I would love to try some new ones! (I don't really like beans.)***NEW***

I also have a Wist: some good stuff there!
If you think I would like something that isn't directly on my list, feel free to PM me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2009! 26/50
Flickr!
Wist!
"We are all trapped in the amber of the moment. There is no why." --K. Vonnegut
Therisa

Knitfiend, Mad Sewist

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2008 04:59:15 PM »

I claim nofury for a cloth napkin and some sock yarn.  This is my first claim this round. I live in Michigan USA, I am not a vegetarian, I'm a non-smoker, and I am allergic to cats and to aloe vera.  Plus I am a crafting fiend, and love only natural fibers.

Crafts -color and style ideas on my wist

coin purse

handmade candles with natural scent

apron for my collection - your creative ideas will rock!
garter belt  (waist is 98 cm)

beaded or crocheted bottle cover for wine bottle

key leash for purse (purple, black, cream purses each need key leashes) -any durable material would be great

envelope bag

pencil/pen case

sugar or salt exfoliating scrub (just make sure not to have aloe vera, please)

embroidery tote like this lovely one from aietsuko but with a removable pin cushion -

water bottle holder

hot/cold pack

beaded or crocheted headpiece

cute padded hangers for hanging lingerie in closet

handmade soaps

2 yds tie-dyed cotton or linen fabric (I am a big person so one yard wouldn't cover anything)

beach towel for lounging on at lake or poolside

incense holders for the long, skinny type of incense

handmade incense

serving tray for tea

silverware roll with matching napkin, for taking lunch to work

dressertop storage tray for 12 pairs of eyeglasses (lined with felt or something so the glasses don't slide around) - bedroom has sky blue walls with jewel colors for accent

set of table napkins (dining room is hot pink)

dishcloths, crafted

decorated toe separators for pedicure - I read that Beyonce had a set of these.

large bag appropriate to take to Renaissance Festival and to keep lots of stuff in like water bottle, etc.

camera case for small digital camera, any craft style would be great. 

Craft supplies
embroidery floss assortment, esp. blues
floss organizer case
vintage iron-on transfers for embroidery on household linens, or stamped linens for     embroidery - not cross-stitch, cutwork, or animal please
marker pens for decorating on fabric
sharpies in colors other than black
bias tape, single or double-fold
steam-a-seam or other fusible web
any knitting book by Meg Swansen except "Sweaters from Camp", your pre-loved copy is also appreciated
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008 05:07:56 PM by Therisa » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I joined the Fabric Fast and pledged to buy no new yardage until July 1, 2008.

2008 Fabric Purchased: 56 yards

Fabric Sewn: 93 yards

Fabric Remaining: An Awful Lot

I am open to personal swaps!

http://www.wists.com/Therisa
educharme
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2008 07:48:19 PM »

I claim Therisa for some salt/sugar scrubs, no aloe vera, and some sharpies. Smiley

This is my 2nd claim this round, 0 sent, 0 received.

I'm Erica, single mom to a 9 yo taekwondo master Wink I love all kinds of crafts, mostly paper and needle crafts, but like to try all kinds. I am allergic to cat dander (and dog), but only if I am around them for any period of time.

Crafted

*Fabric shopping bags
*Bento accessories (utensil holder, napkins, bag for bento stuff, bento straps) I like sakura themed (cherry blossom, pink, or flowery)
*handmade purse or bag
*Courage the Cowardly Dog softies (Courage, Muriel, Eustis, Katz, La Quack, the crazy inventor guy, any character from the show) If you need inspiration, I can find pics. (sewn only please)
*anne boleyn inspired items
*anything peacock, frogs or pigs
*a bedside caddy to hold things like my remote, glasses, and other misc.
*a nice,girly apron. Id like a full apron, since Im short and washing breakfast dishes in my work clothes ends up being a wet mess. PM for size J
*a reusable, fabric chore chart for my son. Something like this, only smaller: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=225603.0 something karate or taekwondo themed would be excellent!
*a fabric lunch sack to hold my lunch container, water/drink bottle, and other stuff. My plastic grocery bag habit is heartbreaking! J
*water bottle carriers for myself and my son for our outings to the zoo
*a pretty capelet to wear (black of white is best) PM for size
*handmade occasion cards (birthday, get well, thanks, ect.)
*handmade swap notes and notecards (blank)
*decorated tin to keep all my new (I hope!) notecards and occasion cards in
*a fancy wrap to wear to a company party (FL winters are mild so something light but fancy would be awesome!)
*a nice piece/pieces of artwork for my room (purples, blues, tans)(my walls are prince purple, as in the artist formerly known as prince)
*a crayon roll. I work for a daycare assistance organization, and kids are always wanting to color. Itd be nice to have a nice holder for the crayons for the kids to use instead of my highlighters. Wink
*Christmas fabric blocks- 6.5 (I want to make a Christmas quilt, but cant bring myself to splurge on the fabric for a quilt that would only be used once a year.)
*custom creation labels like this http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=40044.0
*a sock cupcake pincushion like this: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=220362.0
*a swap journal
*fabric napkins and placemats for a 6 person setting. Earth tones are best

Supplies:

*Cross Stitch Patterns: (I prefer used, instead of purchased. I like regifted! J PM me for Designer or pattern suggestions.) Dragons, mermaids, Asian inspired, Angels
*Asian inspired fabrics for quilting
*cross stitch supplies
*quilting supplies
*pink cotton fabrics for quilting
*precut 6.5 cotton squares for quilting (purples, blues, greens, and pinks)
*polymer clay starter kit and instructions for a project
*misc craft supplies (perler beads, magnets, marbles(for marble magnets), ect.)
*stamps (rubber, mounted or not) (used is fine J )
*doodle-stitching(book)
*sublime stitching patterns in: Pirates Ahoy!,
*sharpie fine point markers (any colors)
*beading supplies (head pins (any metal), split rings, beads, findings, charms (any metal))
*embroidery beginner kit and instructions for a project
*soapmaking kit
*soapmaking supplies (molds, dyes, instructions)
*card making supplies
*craft punches that you are tired of would be great!
*ink pads
*subliminal stitching
*a rollup chalkboard made of fabric
*scrabble tiles
*inks for stamping on dominoes and such
*dominoes
*plastic case for carrying around projects in process. Ive found hard plastic ones with a handle in Hawaii for 8.5 paper (need more of these), but will take any size (clear/transparent preferred)
*scrapbook paper, accessories, embellishments

Errata:

Scrapbook magazines
Quilting magazines
Craft magazines
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love to do personal swaps. PM me! Smiley

Blog - http://chicnmom.livejournal.com/
Wist - http://www.wists.com/educharme
Etsy - coming soon!
rossana9041
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2008 07:57:16 PM »

I claim educharme for water bottle carriers.  And maybe a surprise.

This is my 1st claim (in this round), 0 sent, 0 received.
I am in South Carolina, USA.

Hi, my name is Beth.  Im a momma to 2, and I stay at home and babysit for others. I'm a quilt piecing, scrapbooking, websurfing nut.  I have no yarn ability at all.  My current favorite color is bright shades of green.  I love anything about the ocean, the 50s, architecture, and American patriotism; I like Elvis, U2, picnics, and retro fabrics.  I read mostly sci-fi, listen to anything upbeat, am religious, love family, married to a golfer, love my backyard.   I am allergic to cats, I hate the color orange, and I love bubble gum and coconut.

Craft wishes :
Pendants or pierced earrings, no chokers though (thick neck) 
Tote bags and purses, Shopping bags that fold up
Small wallets or coin purses, Travel bags for me or kiddos
Backpacks for kiddos
Pincushion
ATCs
Clothing in size US XL-XXL (18-20) but only 53 tall
Embroidery patterns, original designs very okay
Scoodies for me or my kiddos
Scrafs in lightweight yarn, all colors to match my tee for the day
Aprons for me or dd
Stuffies any size and any material
Resin sanddollar pendant
Anything with pink flamingos on it

Craft supplies:
Eyes for stuffies and poppets
Button and charms, smaller than 1
ATC materials, especially with words or images
Quilting needles and thread in anything but black or white
Embroidery floss
Material for piecing - 100% cotton, 6 square or larger

Extras:
Things for my kitchen in pink/green
Magnet or postcard from the area you live
Candles, especially handmade
Photo frames in any color and size, again especially homemade
Suncatchers any style, less than 10 tall or wide
Custom tags for my crafts (no logo yet)
Printed Address labels with any deco except skulls

Thank you so much in advance for choosing me!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008 07:58:48 PM by rossana9041 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Avesthel
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

♥ birds ♥

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2008 09:02:37 PM »

I claim rossana9041 for:  coin purses for her and the kiddos, earrings and a pendant. 

This is my 1st claim, 0 sent, 0 received

I am in Florida in the USA!  Smiley

Im in my early thirties. My favorite colors are jewel tones like purple, green, blue.  I like black and silver too. I am not fond of pink or orange. I love birds (all:  owls, fat yard birdies, penguins,  parrots, hawks etc). As far as fabrics go, I like more plain fabrics or cute things (not childish though). No small flowers/polka dots/stripes. I love gaming like World of Warcraft or Myst. I like to read and am into fantasy art as well. Lord of the Rings is probably my all time favorite movie series. Star Wars comes in a close second though.  Smiley

Allergies:  I am allergic to cats. But if you just keep them away from the things you are sending, it should be fine.  Smiley

crafted

* hand-spun yarn
    * thrummed mittens (L/XL for man...preferably navy blue, dark grey or dark green with natural colored wool thrums)  http://www.wool-tyme.com/mittens.html
    * cover for one of my printers or my scanner (I do art so I have a lot of printers and although I sew, I never seem to do things for myself.) 
    * owl or bird stained glass sun catcher Thank you, Mimiw!! 
    * learn to embroider kit
    * origami kit w/the pretty papers
    * rubber stamp carving kit

supplies

* Yarn:  I'd like to try some unusual yarns like bamboo, soy or something along those lines. 
    * Grosgrain ribbon - 3/4" - 1".  At least 1 foot long per piece in any color would be great. 
    * BLACK satin ribbon 1/4" in width.  Lots.  Smiley  Like this one:  http://www.save-on-crafts.com/14blac.html
    * Acrylic paints (fluid acrylics, craft acrylics, thick acrylic in tubes, anything!)
    * Wool felt (not acrylic felt)
    * owl fabric (cutesy not realistic) - 1/2 yard or larger
    * screenprinting fabric paints (any except black)
    * cute japanese fabric (bonus points if it has birds!) - 1/2 yard or larger

extras

* pocky (would prefer chocolate if possible!)  I have no idea where to purchase this. 
    * coffee from your area of the world
    * broken vintage watches 

My wist is out of date, so please do not choose from that yet.  I need to update it, and will change this message when it is updated.  Thanks!

Thank you in advance if you choose me!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008 10:40:15 AM by Avesthel » THIS ROCKS   Logged

mimiw
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2008 10:28:10 AM »

I claim Avesthel for an owl or bird sun catcher   Smiley

This is my 1st claim with 0 sent and 0 received.

My name is Mimi and I am in Georgia.  I dont have any allergies but I really dislike pastel colors.  I love the outdoors and all sorts of outdoor activities (camping, backpacking, climbing, kayaking).  I am not a fan of lace or anything frilly.  I love blues, greens and browns and red.  I am growing green beans and tomatoes and a bunch of herbs and I love gardening and playing in the dirt.  I have 2 large dogs and a husband.

Crafts:

*Stenciled/ Appliqud/ Screen Printed Shirts (size medium) birds, backpacking, trees and nature are good themes  (for examples: http://www.wists.com/mimiw  )

*An address book preferably one with refillable pages

*Hand carved stamps

*A hanging ladder frame similar to this one: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=8775956

*A decorated container to store my laundry detergent (it comes in a flimsy paper bag that always tears) Decoupaged/painted - whatever

*Patchwork anything lots of examples in my wists

*Fun to-do lists and grocery lists like this: http://www.wists.com/mimiw/09f66f0909ffc8f608d6b00b9ef9f954?offset=0

*Knit socks in fun colors (Wishful thinking, I know!!).  I really like these: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=11004983

*Embroidered pillowcases for my guest room

*Decorated tray fabric covered/decoupaged/painted

*Salt scrub with a subtle yet manly scent for my dad

*Fingerless gloves like:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=8638869
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=11226281
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=8424214

*Anything inspired by my wists: http://www.wists.com/mimiw

Supplies:

*The book Pretty Little Patchwork http://www.amazon.com/Pretty-Little-Patchwork-Lark-Books/dp/1600592139/ref=sr_1_47?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1209643228&sr=1-47

*Ikea fabric!!  I dont have one near me and I love their fabric!

*Cookie Cutters (new or used)

*Vegetarian cookbooks (recycled are fine)  or send me your recipes on 5x8 cards!

*Stained Glass Pattern Books or designs you have drawn with a fat sharpie

Extras

Old crafting magazinesanything besides knitting ones.

I am a chocolate freakactually, any candy for that matter!

Dog treats and doggie gifts are always welcome!

TEA!!

Fun Band Aids (I go through them at an alarming rate when I play with glass)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008 10:30:17 AM by mimiw » THIS ROCKS   Logged
MaxParadise
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2008 11:24:27 AM »

i claim mimiw for some fun "to-do"/grocery lists and some  vegetarian recipe cards!

Hey, my names Dianna. 24 years old from cali. Married for almost a year to my wonderful hubby. No kids or pets. Im about to start school again, majoring in journalism. Im OBSSESED with zombies (love em!) I also love skulls and Coheed and Cambria (<3 Claudio Sanchez). I love working with paper, but Im usually down to try any kind of craft  Heres my list:

Crafted:

Stationary sets (did I mention I LOVE zombies and skulls?!)

Blank journals/books

Cute, funky, hair bows/accessories

Big, kitschy, rings (size 10)

Medium size tote bag w/kitschy/retro fabric

Charm bracelet w/ kitschy, plastic, gumball charms

ATC or inchies

Original collage/painting perhaps involving zombies or skulls(doesnt have to!)

Buttons/Pins with cool, funky, fun designs!

Supplies:

ATC and inchies supplies

Kitschy, plastic, gumball charms

Ring backs/blanks (not too sure what exactly theyre called)

Fabric featuring skulls or striped knit jersey or retro designs or anything really

Shrinky dink plastic

PAPER! Any and all

THIS ROCKS   Logged

And your scared to death that you are never going to come alive.

http://www.pintrest.com/dheartst
Banga
I'm made out of Laffy Taffy.

Back off man, I'm a scientist.

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2008 01:44:39 PM »

I claim MaxParadise for some paper and ATC goodies.
This is my 2nd claim, I get 3.

About me: I am 28 and I'm in MI, USA, finally settled after 4 moves in less than 2 years! I'm currently running around like a crazy person, teaching English at a multicultural charter school, planning my wedding reception, trying to control my baby fever, and reading lots of books. I love chocolate, the ocean and the beach, books, live music, thrifting, vintage, shiny things, and soft things. Anyone who adds local ephemera, cool postage, or a local postcard to their package gets fun stuff back from me! More info in my blog - see my signature  Smiley

Wishes:
Crafted stuff:
- a fascinator in ivory to wear for my wedding (something I can attach to a birdcage veil, it can also incorporate a tiny bit of pale pink if you feel so inclined, as there is a tad of pink on my train)
- a pair of felt baby shoes for the little boy my BIL just had! He'll be almost 6 mos. when I meet him. Something funky like little guitars would be cute! Just no skulls please!
- a fun skirt or dress for the spring... see my wists/blog or PM me
- a jumper! I love some of the jumpers I've seen around craftster... these are all fab!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/24966147@N03/2377086294/in/pool-wardrobe_remix http://www.flickr.com/photos/jessicarolland/411721501/ and
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=178081.0
PM me for sizing please!
- A necklace tree (I love all of the mini dress forms and stylized branches I've seen for hanging necklaces and would love one for my dresser!)
- An embellished scoop or low v-neck tee in ladies size medium with flourishes and swirls, or a cool phrase like anything inspired by my wists (lots of tees on it!)
- An apron, as I'm starting a fun collection. I have a few to inspire you on my wist, just please make sure it is machine washable.
- An anklet, maybe something fun and beaded or a little bit jingly Thank you nofury!
- A snap cup (you know, like in Legally Blonde 2?) for my classroom. I'd love a goblet that is fun and sparkly and says "Ms. Gallo's Snap Cup" to use in my class. I think my kids would love it!

Supplies:

- I am desperately hunting for any fabric in purple/yellow prints (think Amy Butlerish, Freshcut, floral styles, flourishes, any of that mock retro that you see everywhere now! Also dots, stripes, anything in those colors that is pretty!)
- ribbon: yellow and purple solids or patterns, or any other fun patterend ribbon for altered art
- ink pads (Im in love with Tsukinek Dew Drops ink right now, but I have it in gold, silver, copper, and platinum)
- any issues of Crap Hound! http://www.boingboing.net/2005/07/24/crap-hound-seminal-c.html
- I love rubber stamps, especially travel, victorian, zetti, nature themes or fun unusual stuff. Also any stamps for backgrounds, feathers, clocks, buildings, flourishes, swirls, trees, florals, checks, patterns...
- Anything from or in the style of altered art supplies sold on http://www.artchixstudio.com/,  or http://www.skybluepink.com/ etc. I love bits and bobs, ephemera, all kinds of junk and things that I can turn into something artsy!
- Scrapbooking embellishments in wedding or travel themes

Extras:

- Whatever craft you have mastered is cool by me, surprise me! Also, I'd love anything inspired by anything I've wisted! Feel free to check my blog for ideas, sizing info, and my tastes.

**Please don't send me any junk food or candy; I have a wedding dress to get into!   Grin
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008 01:48:12 PM by Banga » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Place an etsy order, enter CRAFTSTEROCKS & user name at checkout for free shipping!  Etsy! ~
Flickr ~Wist ~ Blog
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How Art and Technology Can Merge
Aaron Koblin on His Data Visualization Projects
How to Apply Werewolf Face Details
Top 5 Logo Mistakes
How to Arrange Your Photos in Photoshop Elements
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...