A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 304,867
Currently Running With Scissors:
543 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The "What can I do with this yarn?" thread  (Read 10046 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

frogsrock
« on: January 31, 2005 11:32:01 AM »

i have 1 skein of red heart peach yarn (i dont know the color name) so what should i make with it...im afraid its going to look too halloween-ie

i dont know any babys and no one i know is pregnant so halloween baby stuff is out
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rsisland
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2005 09:28:15 AM »

When I have different colors that I don't know what to do with I either sit on it for a while (something usually pops up) make granny squares, alone or with color combos, or make baby items and donate to the local hospital.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amee89_05
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2005 12:22:00 AM »

I'll ask the same thing about some christmas yarn I was given...even though she knows I'm a jew gone wiccan gone athiest...*sigh*

Um peach yarn isn't as bad as a pound of red and green sparkley christmas yarn. You could make a hat, or a bag, or a bracelet, or if its thin enough some socks cuz no one's gonna see it in your shoe. You could just make a ton of bookmarks, they're always useful, or just trade the yarn for something better.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
frogsrock
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2005 06:13:53 PM »

the thing is i LIKE this yarn....

and about the christmas yarn you could make gifts for people who celebrate christmas or use it to experiment with
or if you like red or green buy a fun fur in one of those colors and crochet the 2 together, you wont see the red/green yarn that much, just the fun fur
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kuruku
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2005 11:29:03 PM »

Peach is so hard! I have plenty of it - I got a yarn grab bag (it was actually a garbage bad stuffed w/yarn for 10.00) and lo and behold - about 25% of it was peach sport yarn from the 70s. I have no idea what to do with it and am tempted to chuck it. I could use it for an afghan/granny squares but can't think of another colour it matches! Damn you peach yarn! I guess I could crochet some peaches.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vanillaxlight
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2005 10:36:25 AM »

I'll ask the same thing about some christmas yarn I was given...even though she knows I'm a jew gone wiccan gone athiest...*sigh*

haha! Im sorry, I just couldn't help but laugh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm no longer a moderator, but I will always love June 2005 - October 2008

http://robotsinagrid.com
shoegirl
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2005 06:55:16 AM »

My mom went to Ireland and bought me one skein of Luxury Tweed Aran yarn in a pretty navy color and I was wondering what I could make with only one skein of it.

The specs of the yarn:
50g
50% wool
21% acrylic
20% alpaca
9% viscose

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Parilla
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2005 09:20:43 AM »

My gosh, you're lucky!  What a great Mom!

I think you should use it for trims and decorations, like flowers.  Something that attractive will add class to any project, even if the rest of it is made in cheap acrylic.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2005 11:33:25 AM »

A purse can be made with one skein... possibly a scarf if it is a skinny scarf.
You could make a whole ton of foot thongs and bracelets.  A collar to dress up a blah shirt..

Look at it and then close your eyes and think about what you could envision it to become.. be one with the yarn ob..i.  Wax on Wax off grasshopper...

There are tons of things you can make with one skein of yarn - how about a halter top if you want to make clothes.  There are oodles of free patterns online or create your own... just get to one of the hipper websites like crochetme or something.

One skein can be a good thing.  There are lots of things that you can do with it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
anfarwal
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2006 08:32:20 PM »

I just bought this gorgeous silk handpainted yarn up at a Folk Arts fair in Maine--I just couldn't resist! It was expensive--$20 per skein, but for 400+ yards, I figured it was a bargain. I was thinking a skinny scarf, but I'm not sure if I should knit it (gulp) or crochet one with both colors. But I'd like to see if there are any other ideas out there too. Thanks!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Insta-Makeover: The Perfect Makeup Style for Almond Shaped Eyes
How to Do Your Makeup in 5 Minutes
How to Wear Lace in Sumer
Can This Argan-Oil Cream Give Us Three Times The Volume?
How to Get the Most Thorough Pedicure of Your Life
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...