A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,508
Currently Running With Scissors:
463 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 48
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shop the Swap 14 **Discussion**  (Read 19369 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lapoli
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Catching the Undead Since 2011!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: May 10, 2008 06:13:31 PM »

AM - it would depend on what it is, really.  The bath teas/facial steams would have ground oatmeal, a variety of herbs (such as comfrey, chamomile, rosemary, sage, orange/lemon rind, elderflowers, blackberry leaves, etc.) and possibly some essential oils.  The insect repellent is witch hazel, veg glycerine and two essential oils (one of which is lemongrass! Smiley ).  Once the camera (and husband) return, I'll take pictures and post 'em in the shop.  The worst that will happen is that they sit there, I guess.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

I'm an altered girl, in an altered world....

Colour outside the lines!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #231 on: May 10, 2008 06:16:54 PM »

I so have to finish up my new shop stuff and get me some points!  Everything sounds yummy lapoli, I've been trying to get away from all the parabins etc and natural bug dope would be fabulous (I'm not sure which is worse, bugs or covering yourself with chemicals to repel them)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Join the Shop the Swap Winter Market Discussion SIGNUPS Sept 26 - Oct 10!!

Have a Swap Problem?  Please open a HELP DESK ticket!!
mimiw
« Reply #232 on: May 10, 2008 06:34:59 PM »

Can someone make my dad some salt scrub for his hands?  He tried some somewhere and has been bugging me about it ever since!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lapoli

Catching the Undead Since 2011!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #233 on: May 10, 2008 06:37:00 PM »

Do you think he'd be okay with a sugar scrub, mimiw?  Those are really easy---equal parts brown sugar and oil (I usually use grapeseed oil).  Keep it in the fridge and it's good for a couple weeks.  Ooooh.. and I add vanilla extract, too, but that's not necessary. Smiley 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

mimiw
« Reply #234 on: May 10, 2008 06:39:48 PM »

As long as it makes his hands smooth and soft, he'll never know the difference  Cheesy 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ptarmic wumpus

You are in room 2

« Reply #235 on: May 10, 2008 07:17:32 PM »

well, if you felt like making a camisole or something out of the doggy fabric, i'm about 35" in the bust area and i like shirts to be at least 24" or so Wink  just sayin'  Cheesy

Hey-la catpants, do you mean 24" long? That would be long enough to go to the low hip. The pattern that I have goes to the high hip, about 17" long from the center back neck. I can make it longer, but you'll need to send me a full hip measurement...  Smiley

Anyone want rhubarb crisp? I'm about to pull some out of the oven. I've got some decaf chai too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

catpants

viva la hamsterpants! may he rest in peace.

« Reply #236 on: May 10, 2008 07:26:42 PM »

well, if you felt like making a camisole or something out of the doggy fabric, i'm about 35" in the bust area and i like shirts to be at least 24" or so Wink  just sayin'  Cheesy

Hey-la catpants, do you mean 24" long? That would be long enough to go to the low hip. The pattern that I have goes to the high hip, about 17" long from the center back neck. I can make it longer, but you'll need to send me a full hip measurement...  Smiley

Anyone want rhubarb crisp? I'm about to pull some out of the oven. I've got some decaf chai too.

yes, low hip-ish is perfect!  i think my hip measurement is... oh, i know i have it somewhere!  aha -- found in my outgoing personal messages from almost exactly a year ago:
natural waist: 29"
where i wear my pants: 33"-35"
hip: 35"
i'm assuming that not a whole lot has changed since then!  Cheesy

also, rhubarb crisp and chai sounds GREAT right now!  i just rode back from a coffee place where i had a decent cookie and an okay-mocha (didn't really want anything, just wanted an excuse for a place to sit for three hours! haha) and could use some home cookin'  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

irid3sc3nt

I <3 Halloween

« Reply #237 on: May 10, 2008 07:29:34 PM »

seeing tons of lightning bugs and hearing the

Cicadas! Summer isn't right without a constant drone of cicadas. I've been looking for a cicada cd for years.  Which reminds me that I have a cicada stencil, and should get out that screen printing kit and see if I can make some cicada prints this summer....maybe cicada pillowcases?

So, uh, I have a new couch that could use some new pillow cases for my pillows.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop
Pinterest
Current swaps: Vintage Halloween 2014, OTT October Holidays 6
I am interested in Halloween Rinchies!
irid3sc3nt

I <3 Halloween

« Reply #238 on: May 10, 2008 07:30:18 PM »

AM - it would depend on what it is, really.  The bath teas/facial steams would have ground oatmeal, a variety of herbs (such as comfrey, chamomile, rosemary, sage, orange/lemon rind, elderflowers, blackberry leaves, etc.) and possibly some essential oils.  The insect repellent is witch hazel, veg glycerine and two essential oils (one of which is lemongrass! Smiley ).  Once the camera (and husband) return, I'll take pictures and post 'em in the shop.  The worst that will happen is that they sit there, I guess.
Something for the bath would be lovely.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop
Pinterest
irid3sc3nt

I <3 Halloween

« Reply #239 on: May 10, 2008 07:32:42 PM »

Sounds yummy.  I got a recipe for a pear crisp that has candied ginger in it from a magazine at the doctor's office.  I must say it's pretty tasty.  So I checked out the book that the author of the recipe wrote called (simply) Pie and have yet to try the recipes.  I copied down mostly the berry recipes and a Peach Mascarpone recipe.

Aw, now it sounds really good.  Steamy rhubarb with some crumbly bits.  Mmmmm.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop
Pinterest
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 48 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Take Nude Portraits
Marty Stuart Photography Slideshow
Insta Photographers - Are Apps Like Instagram Ruining Photography?
Insta Photographers
Inside Out Project: When Life Becomes Art
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...