A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 299,161
Currently Running With Scissors:
689 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 48
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shop the Swap 14 **Discussion**  (Read 21008 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

my brown eyed girl

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #200 on: May 08, 2008 10:50:06 AM »

Ack, you're killing me Ptarmic!!  YES!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ptarmic wumpus

You are in room 2

« Reply #201 on: May 08, 2008 11:27:40 AM »

Ptarmic, I love the idea of using thrifted shirts to make kids clothes. I need to figure out how to alter a pattern for Ian. I like summer jumpsuits that snap at the bottom, because he is a little nudist and takes off his shorts if I dress him in a two-piece outfit, but he leaves the snap-bottom suits alone. He is very long in the torso, so I was either going to try cutting a thrifted summer onesie suit at the waist and adding a two or three inch band of interesting contrast fabric and serging it back together, or making my own rompers and making them longer. Thrift shop grownup shirts would be great for me to figure this all out on. Smiley

What size is Ian, LL?  I've seen some patterns that would be real cute in men's shirt fabrics, but most of the romper style ones (with the snap crotch) only go up to 18mo. Not that Toddler sizes couldn't be modified, but the onesie/romper style is less prevalent for toddler stuff.  I have an issue of burda that has a bunch of toddler clothes done up in wool tweed and herringbone suitings - it looked cute, but I wonder at the suitability (wool is way more washable than most people think, but still not something that I would recommend tossing in the washer or worse the dryer! ).

Sorry atsuko!  There are some picnic places near my house, but they look like this:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/34/Northern_Morgan_County%2C_Colorado.jpg
(ok, a bit greener since it rained yesterday, but things are still pretty crispy)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LV 20  blog!
Legerdemain

knitting is dreamy....

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 08, 2008 11:36:31 AM »

hehehe...crispy!

PS-Atsuko, I will take you up on that invitation! Wink

This is what my home looks like now:

Our inner harbour, w/ gov't buildings Empress Hotel (duh):
http://www.hickerphoto.com/data/media/164/victoria_bc_sc0285.jpg

Our local park:
http://www.pacificbreezetours.com/Images/bhwillowbridge.jpg

The coastline:
http://www.sooketourism.bc.ca/images/pointswest.jpg

Park, 20 min away:
http://i.pbase.com/u17/ccraft/upload/39092223._0Goldstream.jpg

I wish I could have you all over!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008 11:41:23 AM by Legerdemain » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swap Shop14!

Wist

Ravelry ID: Legerdemain
mimiw
« Reply #203 on: May 08, 2008 11:42:02 AM »

So pretty Legerdemain!

I spent some points so I am open again but I have nothing new to add...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

my brown eyed girl

« Reply #204 on: May 08, 2008 12:08:09 PM »

Legerdemain, nice!!!

Ptarmic, sorry it's so crispy over there.  It's nice and green over here, though today is cold and rainy.  Smiley  We braved it though to go to a Bday lunch.  Now I am full and sleepy.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

I'm an altered girl, in an altered world....

Colour outside the lines!

« Reply #205 on: May 08, 2008 12:11:01 PM »

you're lucky to live in Victoria Legerdemain, its one of my favourite places!  I was there a few years ago for the Tall Ships (piratey ships and foreign sailers...oh my!!!) with my best friend and had a blast.  My hubby and I went again last year (his sister lives in Comox) and stayed on the harbourfront.  there are so many amazing restaurants and such cool shopping (smoking Lily and Tin Pan alley!!)  

LL, I love your WTF brooches Grin  I was going to ask you what STFU meant, but just had a lite bulb moment!  Hope you'll be joining us this month!

I'm hoping everyone can get their shops open by the end of this weekend so we can start some serious shopping!!  Personally I have a few new things in the works and hope to have them in my shop early next week.  After I finish up the feelslike10,000chunkypages I need to send off....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Join the Shop the Swap 2014 Winter Market SIGNUPS Sept 26 - Oct 10!!

Have a Swap Problem?  Please open a HELP DESK ticket!!
LaughingLark
« Reply #206 on: May 08, 2008 03:18:42 PM »

What size is Ian, LL?  I've seen some patterns that would be real cute in men's shirt fabrics, but most of the romper style ones (with the snap crotch) only go up to 18mo. Not that Toddler sizes couldn't be modified, but the onesie/romper style is less prevalent for toddler stuff.  I have an issue of burda that has a bunch of toddler clothes done up in wool tweed and herringbone suitings - it looked cute, but I wonder at the suitability (wool is way more washable than most people think, but still not something that I would recommend tossing in the washer or worse the dryer! ).

Ptarmic, Ian is 19 months old now, and he is some nonexistent size between 24 months and 3T. Very rarely I find a 3T onesie, but they aren't very common. I'd like to make him some shorts rompers for summer. The wool stuff sounds cute, but our summers here can be pretty brutal, with heat and humidity. And we'll go up to South Dakota on business sometime this summer, and the heat is wicked up there. Worse than here! It was 111F when we were there last July.  Smiley

I'm thinking to try some T-shirt jersey. Once I figure out how to change the torso length for Ian.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

ptarmic wumpus

You are in room 2

« Reply #207 on: May 08, 2008 03:28:12 PM »

LL, Dharma has a few that go up to 4T!
http://www.dharmatrading.com/html/eng/2017-AA.shtml?lnav=clothing_infant-toddler.html

Is it just the length, or the width too?  I could probably modify some patterns since little kids are just cylinders (with diapers, haha).   For torso length, just draw a line across the middle of the pattern, chop it in two, and tape in more paper.

For summer, I think men's cotton shirts would be fun, although they aren't as stretchy. Lightweight wovens are a lot more comfortable to wear in heat then knits. I think the wool stuff was in a fall/winter issue.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LV 20  blog!
catpants

viva la hamsterpants! may he rest in peace.

« Reply #208 on: May 08, 2008 06:30:36 PM »

catpants, I have patterns for both tank style and cami (spaghetti strap) knit shell tops. They are semi fitted, not skintight styles. Is that what you are thinking of?

yeah! i was thinking like spaghetti strap.  semi-fitted is good, i think -- not entirely sure what it means, but i like tanks that aren't skin tight and aren't super baggy, so i'm assuming that's in the middle Wink

ptarmic wumpus, you are so awesome, by the way Wink

also... can i be a butthead for a minute? if you've sold an item, can you please remove the photo from your shop (unless you're using it as an example of possible custom orders of course!) and put it in the gallery instead?  please? i keep seeing awesome things and getting excited only to realize they've already been sold.  Cry  okay, enough butthead-ing ... back to shopping!  Cheesy

oh! and does anyone make those cloth (muslin, i think) produce bags?  i really want some!  i've seen some teabag sized ones in mimiw's shop...
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008 06:33:13 PM by catpants » THIS ROCKS   Logged

AsphaltQueen
« Reply #209 on: May 08, 2008 06:43:04 PM »

Hey catpants, that was me with the watch gears earrings. Unfortunately, they've been sold.  Undecided  If I have time this weekend, I'll dig through my watch parts and see if I have enough matching parts for another pair.

And since we've got some "new" swappers this round, if anyone is interested in photography, let me know. I've got some pretty neat black and white photos that have been popular in the past. I usually do one 8"x10" or two 5"x7"s for one point. If there's interest (and if I can find a deal on frames), I'd be willing to do framed 8"x10"s, probably 3 points each. If anyone's interested, let me know and I'll put up pics in my store.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 48 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
6 Makeup Tricks Perfect for Date Night
How to Get a Killer Cat Eye
The Right Way to Apply and Wear Red Lipstick
Tips For Avoiding Dry Winter Skin
Top 6 Problem Solving Winter Beauty Products
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...