A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 300,923
Currently Running With Scissors:
625 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 48
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shop the Swap 14 **Discussion**  (Read 21055 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: May 05, 2008 05:31:27 PM »

Shhh or the bloke will want to go there too! Tongue

I just sprayed spit all over my laptop.

lol, sorry!

That tree looks amazing! Definitely inspirational, you've got some great things up there!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wwrich
« Reply #151 on: May 05, 2008 06:21:10 PM »

Trust me, George, Detroit is definitely not "exotic." Exotic dancers, maybe, but not exotic.  Grin

(Now don't anyone rag on me for trashin' Detroit. I know it has a lot of charm and does have some very cool stuff to do - but you gotta admit it has it's "nasty" side, too.)

Still spend way, way too many of my weekends going to "Detroit" too!!  Grew up in the suburbs there.  My in-laws still live in the western suburbs (Canton), and my brother, sister and lots of friends live in the the other suburbs.  My parents, however, have retired to Florida.

Being in the Chicago suburbs now, but having grown up in the Detroit suburbs definitely gives me a unique perspective on some things!  Here in "Chicagoland", "the city" is a generally good thing.  People drive or take trains into the city every day around here.  In the Detroit area, "the city" was generally viewed as a negative thing.  You generally didn't go there unless there was a good reason to do so.  Once there, you parked close, and stayed with the group, and didn't go off wandering....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Obsessed with Monster High dolls lately.

In the Chicago area?  Want to come to a great crafty weekend?  Check out http://www.musecon.org/
reese52
« Reply #152 on: May 05, 2008 08:40:24 PM »

Oh I don't know, I've never been to America so every city there sounds exotic to me! Grin

Trust me, George, Detroit is definitely not "exotic." Exotic dancers, maybe, but not exotic.  Grin

(Now don't anyone rag on me for trashin' Detroit. I know it has a lot of charm and does have some very cool stuff to do - but you gotta admit it has it's "nasty" side, too.)

I used to live in Saginaw, MI and been to Detriot a few times.  Unfortunately, I know exactly what you mean. 

I now live in Savannah, GA where Forrest Gump and Garden of Good and Evil was filmed (among other films).  The south is very hot and humid in the summers, but it is beautiful here in the spring.  Plus working at Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD) does have it's advantages and perks.  I am able to take free classes.  I did make a mistake of taking an on-line course this quarter and to my dismay it is much more difficult than I had anticipated.  I find myself having to spend twice as much time on doing projects compared to my previous regular classes.  Oh well.  No crafting for me until my school work is finished.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008 08:44:02 PM by reese52 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sansa

Please reinstall universe and reboot

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 05, 2008 09:03:30 PM »

Just spent four hours finishing up on another big swap. I got a bit overcommitted last month I think. Unfortunately, with no time limit, this swap sort of languished a bit. One finished, one half finished and one has a long way to go until its due. Hopefully I will relax, get a bit of inspiratin and make something for this swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Legerdemain

knitting is dreamy....

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 05, 2008 09:13:27 PM »

Good evening folks!

I've finally got some new stuff to post. Cheesy  Strawberry baby hat, super cute baby sockies, donut stitch markers, and a pair of slippers.

Provocative robot says "go look!" (robot not for sale....right now, anyways)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swap Shop14!

Wist

Ravelry ID: Legerdemain
alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm an altered girl, in an altered world....

Colour outside the lines!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #155 on: May 05, 2008 10:00:39 PM »

wow, I'm thinking all of you are pretty lucky in where you live/live by!!  I can't even begin to tell you the joy of living in Whitecourt, where I can go and visit Fox Creek or Blue Ridge Wink  woo.

reese52, Savannah is so on my list of cities to visit (especially after reading midnite in the garden..)working at SCAD sounds amazing-free classes!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Join the Shop the Swap 2014 Winter Market SIGNUPS Sept 26 - Oct 10!!

Have a Swap Problem?  Please open a HELP DESK ticket!!
reese52
« Reply #156 on: May 05, 2008 10:19:26 PM »

wow, I'm thinking all of you are pretty lucky in where you live/live by!!  I can't even begin to tell you the joy of living in Whitecourt, where I can go and visit Fox Creek or Blue Ridge Wink  woo.

reese52, Savannah is so on my list of cities to visit (especially after reading midnite in the garden..)working at SCAD sounds amazing-free classes!!!

I definitely take advantage of that employee benefit.  I just love being around talented people.  It's very inspiring and at the same time intimidating to see the students' works.

If you ever make it down here.  You should let me know and I can show you around.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008 10:20:43 PM by reese52 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Legerdemain

knitting is dreamy....

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 05, 2008 10:34:36 PM »

It'd be neat to do a "craftster tour" of sorts.  Each person as a rep for their home, and tourguide for the rest of us. Smiley

I live in Victoria, BC, Canada...home of mild weather, plentiful gardens, and very little snow (ie two or three days per year. One day this year. lol). 

We've got numerous colleges/universities, beautiful scenic views, and are generally more laid back. The pace of life here is not as frantic as you find in large cities, despite being a fairly large one itself.  We have good public transit, and everything is pretty easy to get to--not too much traffic.  And, being and island, lots of ocean views Wink

Let's start the tour! Smiley
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008 10:41:09 PM by Legerdemain - Reason: details » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swap Shop14!

Wist

Ravelry ID: Legerdemain
Sansa

Please reinstall universe and reboot

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 05, 2008 11:29:06 PM »

I live in sunny Australia. Five minutes from beautiful beaches which are not crowded. Two hours from anything resembling a craft shop though. It will have to be a day trip. Stop laughing all you city dwellers. Yes, we do travel four hours in a day to shop.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Malina

Probably up to no good!

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 06, 2008 12:24:21 AM »

I live in sunny Australia. Five minutes from beautiful beaches which are not crowded. Two hours from anything resembling a craft shop though. It will have to be a day trip. Stop laughing all you city dwellers. Yes, we do travel four hours in a day to shop.

I live in a very rural area of East Tennessee.  Lots of mountains in the distance, hills, trees, and I have my very own cave.
I feel the long distance craft shop pain.  I have been trying ordering what I need online to save the gas of driving ALL the way to Michaels, only to be disappointed, but have been even more disappointed with online purchasing.  The shipping has been PAINFULLY slow, and has caused me to have to somewhat scramble on my other swaps.  Ugh.  Hopefully I can set aside some time.  Did get quite a bit unpacked this weekend.  My job works me 10 days straight and then gives me 4 days off, so needless to say, those 4 days are spent catching up on cleaning and laundry.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 48 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Rid of Flyaway and Static Hair
How to Choose This Right Hair Dryer
How to Choose the Right Conditioner
How to Choose the Right Blow Drying Brush
How to Find a Parting
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...