A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Monday, May 23 News:  Please take a moment to congratulate and thank our newest Craftster Moderators, lindyv321, pottermouth, PerfectlyBohemian, Mistress Jennie and LovelyMiss!
Total Members: 305,662
Currently Running With Scissors:
458 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Need input on invites please :) **NOW EVEN IMAGE HEAVIER WITH SAMPLES!**  (Read 5015 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mishymishy
but you can call me Liz.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2008 08:00:10 PM »

Pr Vikiki's request, Option F

Thank you for the input Matuta!  Smiley I agree, the monogram isn't my favorite font, I just wanted to slap something on there to give myself an idea of how it might work. I LOVE dafont.com though, thats where I got the font I'm using on the other pages (it's called Tagettes and Tagettes plus).

The sheer ribbon is an interesting idea. I shall have to play with it a bit. I actually did play with the idea of powder embossing but after making 60 of these suckers, I thought it would get too tedious. I'd rather get an embossing stamp with our initials (I saw a lot of nice ones when i went to Italy in feb... now kicking myself for not getting one).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not a woman, I'm a force of nature.

Trying to crochet a star blanket but can't start it? Check out my tutorial for help!
ruby_soho

That's what she said.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2008 08:09:24 PM »

i am a fan of a and f.  Cheesy  ...if it helps Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i care about you a homemade oven mitt's worth.
thekster
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2008 08:29:52 PM »

Same here, a and f... Although looking at it again, F is absolutely the best.
I wonder if the initials might be a bit busy too though. I'm not sure what letters they are - P and S? And I know this is just a sample, but are they off center?
I think the uhmmm titles(? can't think of a better word) that peek through look fine and not too busy, but the names look like they'd be hard to read.
I like the bow tied like that, but maybe it would be a little neater if the ribbon was cut an an angle on both ends.
Oh btw, I bought a perforator recently for 2-3 bucks at Hobby Lobby. If you want to save your guests the trouble of having to find scissors and then cut out the post card, it would work great. The only drawback I've seen is that duh, more work for you to have to do, and the ones I've done on cardstock have had really light cuts so it's kinda hard to tell it's perforated. Anyways.
These invitations look fantastic. The embossing in the pictures reminds me of a lace border Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
Mishymishy
but you can call me Liz.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2008 11:01:39 PM »

Same here, a and f... Although looking at it again, F is absolutely the best.
I wonder if the initials might be a bit busy too though. I'm not sure what letters they are - P and S? And I know this is just a sample, but are they off center?
I think the uhmmm titles(? can't think of a better word) that peek through look fine and not too busy, but the names look like they'd be hard to read.
I like the bow tied like that, but maybe it would be a little neater if the ribbon was cut an an angle on both ends.
Oh btw, I bought a perforator recently for 2-3 bucks at Hobby Lobby. If you want to save your guests the trouble of having to find scissors and then cut out the post card, it would work great. The only drawback I've seen is that duh, more work for you to have to do, and the ones I've done on cardstock have had really light cuts so it's kinda hard to tell it's perforated. Anyways.
These invitations look fantastic. The embossing in the pictures reminds me of a lace border Smiley

If I use F (which looks like the front runner so far) then I wouldnt be using the initials (P and L btw  Wink ) I just put the initials on there so it wouldn't look so blank.

I didnt know perforators were so cheap! Thanks for the info. I don't mind that bit of extra work, its a good idea Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Trying to crochet a star blanket but can't start it? Check out my tutorial for help!
kaishabackwards
I am interested in politics so that one day I will not have to be interested in politics.

My eyes are nothing like the sun.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2008 01:14:33 AM »

I like C best.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

showmehelen

*it's nice to be nice

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2008 03:09:00 AM »

These are looking really great - good job!!

For what it's worth - I think I like B best as it's more simple.
I think it looks beautiful just as is and it doesn't really need anything else adding to it.

The stamp/punch thingy looks fantastic and the perforated RSVP is a brilliant idea.
If I'd have seen this before making my invites, I definitely might have tried to do something like that too.

Hurrah for you!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

java8ball
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2008 06:25:21 AM »

My favorite is option A, but I would like to see what is would look like with a sheer ribbon, maybe something wider that would scrunch together a bit. I do also like F though which seems to be getting lots of votes. I like to see it with the front black and the monogram in ivory. I'm sure there's a way to do that, but not sure if it would be hard to do in bigger quantities.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thekster
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2008 11:47:54 AM »

I'm voting for F again, 5 times. Then it will be in the running by a bunch. Smiley
Oh and I may be wrong on the price, but I'm pretty sure it was 2 or 3. I did use a 40 percent off coupon but I think I used it on something else.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
Mishymishy
but you can call me Liz.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2008 11:51:05 AM »

My favorite is option A, but I would like to see what is would look like with a sheer ribbon, maybe something wider that would scrunch together a bit. I do also like F though which seems to be getting lots of votes. I like to see it with the front black and the monogram in ivory. I'm sure there's a way to do that, but not sure if it would be hard to do in bigger quantities.
hmmm.... are there any stamp inks that would work well on black paper? The only thing I can think of is sponge painting or those metallic markers/gel pens and I dont know how I would get them to look nice.

Or maybe even sticking a B&W photo on there like matuta suggested using on the ivory?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

islandfly
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2008 05:06:25 AM »

I like option F the best as well, I do find it looks more complete. However, I also think the monograms on the front would look lovely, perhaps stamping out your initials in the front, and backing it with the ivory paper, so they stand out from the black. You could get it laser cut, or a punch stamp with your initals. 

But then I would omit the embossed stamp from the front peice, or it might look too busy. My same thoughts about the ribbon as well. Maybe the ends need to be cut at an angle (then you have to worry about unravelling)

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
Kourtney Kardashian Is Auctioning Off Her High End Fashion on Ebay
The Pantsuits Both You and Hillary Should Be Wearing
Fashion with Project Runway All Stars Winner
High Street Edit: How To Wear Platform Shoes
Southern Style Tips: Tailgating Attire
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Reusable Dryer Sheets
Tute Tuesday: Painted Background
Easy Summer Salads

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...