A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,723
Currently Running With Scissors:
633 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: April Crafting Brings May FLOWERS Gallery  (Read 10403 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lmcbride
It's business time.

My place is usually tidier than this.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2008 12:54:29 PM »

Also at a craft show, some years ago, there was a man selling things made out of soda and beer cans.  He made little watering cans and put silk flowers in it.  I thought it was so cute I bought one.  He also made airplanes and so many other things.  I think the copper would be a little easier to cut as it is thinner. 

If anyone comes across any cool websites or craftster links with projects, flowery or otherwise, that use soda or beer cans, I'd love it if you could pm me or something.  I've seen the mirror frames on craftster and used soda cans to tile part of my kitchen backsplash, but I still have tons of colorful cans and am searching for good ideas.  I actually attempted to make a metal flower for this swap out of a soda can but it didn't go well so I quit that idea in favor of "softer" crafts. 

Aislynn, did you do something special to the edges of the metal to make it less sharp?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Get rid of all your boring, tiresome friends. Make friends with cabaret stars, exotic dancers, and down-on-their-luck royality instead." Jonathan Adler
Aislynn
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator
Sewing in General Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2008 01:07:05 PM »

Soda cans are MUCH sharper than copper sheeting.  Although I had my file handy, I didn't find that I needed it.  I hammered all the "petals" prior to constructing the flower, and that seemed to take off all the sharp edges, not that there were more than one or two to begin with.

A neighbor of mine has the neatest little pinwheel wind chimes made out of cans, and I'd love to know how they were done...so pretty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewers are for ninja turtles--seamstresses are for sewing Wink

My wist!  http://www.wists.com/aislynn
mamarose22
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2008 01:20:04 PM »

Sunspotted, you can covet all you want, but that bag is mine, mine, mine!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
http://www.pinterest.com/mamarose22/
Patti M

Formerly known as pjmclnj!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2008 03:05:38 PM »

Beautiful crafts all!! Good work ladies. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Favorites-http://www.etsy.com/people/pjmclnj/favorites?ref=si_fav
My wists: http://www.wists.com/pjmclnj
BioformCallie
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2008 03:35:01 PM »

I just forgot I also got a set of 4 coasters! I've been using them since I got the package and since they weren't around anything else I didn't think about them when I took the pictures. Oops! I'm been such a scatterbrain lately.

Anyway here's a picture of one:

Thanks again to Babalina, I'm very grateful to have such a great partner.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I may be a hopeless yarn addict but at least I dont share my needles.
www.kniftyknonsense.com

http://www.wists.com/rosesandguns

Dishcloths - 19
mamarose22
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2008 05:45:15 PM »

lmcbride, you can google "soda can craft projects" and I'm sure you can find some to your liking.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
http://www.pinterest.com/mamarose22/
babalina58
Friends don't let friends craft alone :)

4 wheels move the body 2 wheels free the soul!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2008 08:28:48 PM »

Oh I am so excited my package is on the way..Now I will chew my fingers waiting..I am not good at that part LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/babalina58/

I am able to do personal swaps again so lets get some going Cheesy
Cabin Fever
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2008 12:14:59 AM »

The coasters are really pretty, nice!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bigmouth

Lisa at heart

« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2008 04:46:51 PM »

I got a fantastic, flowery package from Lmcbride today.  She made pop-up notecards (love that!), a pair of ribbon/fabric flower brooches, and the most awesome throw pillow ever.  I think the flowers are made with that flower loom thingy (with a name I obviously don't know), and it coordinates fantastically with my sofa!  I'm going to get photos when there's better light (and when the living room is cleaner, oops), so you can see how great it looks.  She also added a flower ATC, and three bookmarks that she said she's sending in all of her mail, so "they aren't really part of the loot."  Cheesy  There's actually a little more to the bookmarks than just that--check her out at www.bornintocolor.blogspot.com to see what I mean (I won't go into detail since it's her story, and not mine--but I'm honored to be part of it now).
Bet you can't wait 'til I take photos, eh?  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/NilaCeramics
Buttons, dishes, pretty things
sonnetbird
Life is full of adventure!

I see you!!

« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2008 10:32:49 AM »

I got my package from Sonjabegonia, and for a first time swapper, she sure has it all together! This was my second swap, and I still feel like I'm fumbling for "creative fluency." And time - no one needs me until I sign up for something (like a swap) and then everyone wants my attention all at once.

So, without further delay, here are the items that made me misty eyed ( high hormone levels Cheesy ) and my own commentary for my thought process.

First thing I pulled from the box, was the card, which I opened last, and thought it was so cute, fit the swap theme perfectly!

Next was a small tissue wrapped bundle that contained paper she sent form a trip to Bangkok, makes me wish I could travel more! I can't even get into Canada now without a passport. Has anyone ever wisted a passport???

Then I pulled out the painting - a gorgeous iris on its own tiny canvas. I've never had any paintings made just for me, so this is really special. I think I'll put it in my bathroom behind the mirror so I can see it every morning when I put in my "eyes" and brush my teeth.

Out next was a miniature gift bag with 4 brightly colored plastic canvas stitched coasters. I was thinking they'd be perfect for all the glasses that constantly migrate around the house and leave rings everywhere, but now I'm thinking about framing them. They're too pretty to stain with milk, or tea.

The last thing I removed from the box was a crisp white tote bag, embellished with a brilliant red rose right on the front. She also added a trim all the way around the top. It's so pretty Cheesy It will now be my van/grab bag for those projects on work on when I'm out and about, like embroidery, so it's just perfect.

Thanks for everything Sonjabegonia, I absolutely loved swapping with you Smiley I hope your box and items get there intact and soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The gal who smiles when things go wrong has just thought of someone to blame it on.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Alison Larkin Talks About The English American
Meet Author Aryn Kyle
Happy For No Reason Book Trailer
Alan Katz Reveals His Previous Occupation
Douglas Florian Reads from Dinothesaurus
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...