A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Breaking News: What's with all of the SPAM on Craftster?  Click here to find out what happened!
Total Members: 307,131
Currently Running With Scissors:
468 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craft for my Kid Swap Gallery!  (Read 31542 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

norahkate
« Reply #90 on: May 30, 2008 09:55:33 AM »

wow...i leave craftster for a few days and i come back to find pages and pages of amazing creations!  i'm a little nervous to send now...but i'm more excited than nervous anyway. 

i was all ready, but now i have to hurry and do some damage control.  (and almost completely redo one of the biggest things)
well, i moved this weekend and then a pipe behind the washer burst and my basement (in the new house) flooded yesterday - luckily the basement isn't completely finished, but unluckily that's where my craft room (and all my beautiful finished swap items) is!  and my computer, which thankfully wasn't plugged in, was down there too.  so that's destroyed, but at least the hard drive is okay so i just took it out and we'll put it in the new one (which i will hopefully be getting this weekend because i'm going to go through some serious craftster withdrawal when i'm not at work!)

anyway, that's my sob story...but don't worry my dear partner because i will take care of it all.   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for baby food jars (or other small jars with lids)
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

live aloha

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #91 on: May 30, 2008 04:18:20 PM »

Superhooker blew my mind yesterday with her amazing package.  She warned me that she was sending a big box and it was that and heavy....too heavy.

Here's Lana opening the box:

She squealed with joy when she saw the sweater.  So did I!  It is beyond perfect.  I can't believe that this is the first time that you did intarsia.  Awesome job!!

Yay!  Stamps for our collection!!

The next package had a beautiful Strawberry Shortcake apron and socks!  You can tell that Lana is pleased.  She loves cooking and this is perfect!!

Then there was a ton of goodies: 2 knit bunnies, stickers, a duck, a birdhouse to assemble (done and all painted now!!) and paint, a great book, soap, a washcloth, and a flower press with handpainted flowers and Lana's name on it (Lovely!!)

Lana really loved the little duck that grows when you put it into water.  After we opened everything she asked for some water and started growing it.  Shes having fun watching it grow.  So fun!!  My mom is really looking forward to making some pressed flowers with Lana.  This is really, really incredible...so nicely finished and the painting is lovely.  Man, is there anything that you don't do Superhooker? 

Finally she tugged on the edge of the blanket and it just kept coming and coming and coming and at some point I realized that this was a ginormous rainbow star blanket.  I told Superhooker that Lana outgrew her last one and Superhooker made sure that she wouldn't be outgrowing this ever again. 

Lana is 42" tall so you can see how big this is. 

Lana in her rainbow burrito as she calls it.

ACK!   Am I a bad mommy for wanting to steal this?

Thank you so much Superhooker.  I really feel bad now about my package.  I'm sorry.  Hopefully I can make it up to you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

christephi

From a tiny seed grows a giant tree.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: May 30, 2008 04:28:01 PM »

Now we know why she's called SUPERhooker. That package is AMAZING!!! I would have totally swooned over that flower press when I was a kid.
Lana is such a doll!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: Sprouting Flowers

Follow me on Twitter @christephi
klum78

Actual size shown

« Reply #93 on: May 30, 2008 04:58:24 PM »

Oh my!  What a fabulous package.  Lana is soo cute Atsuko!!  I think I would want to steal the blanket and the sweater.  I love that sweater!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We are in the process of switching over to cloth diapers.  Would love some advice, hint, tips.   Will swap for diapers!
My etsy shop: KimberlyMade
Wisty Goodness
CraftyCarrie
Tutorial Contributor

Good at everything...Great at nothing

i crafted a kid

« Reply #94 on: May 30, 2008 06:02:15 PM »

WOW!!!  Fantastic job on the sweater and blanket.  Lana is very lucky!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Good at everything...Great at nothing
Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #95 on: May 30, 2008 06:12:14 PM »

The sweater turned out amazing!

I really need to make one of those star blankets.

Those banners are really neat too!

And the poppet is cutey patootey!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nofury

With every breath of honesty, I strip before you.

« Reply #96 on: May 30, 2008 07:15:12 PM »

Holy Crap! That's an amazing package. I can't even IMAGINE how much time went into that....WOW!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2009! 26/50
Flickr!
Wist!
"We are all trapped in the amber of the moment. There is no why." --K. Vonnegut
patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

« Reply #97 on: May 30, 2008 08:08:46 PM »

AAHHH!!  That star blanket is amazing!  Shocked  Totally wisted.  One piece out of that box puts my whole package to shame, LOL!

Beautiful Stuff!  Thumbs up.  Grin
(Hope your my parnter next round LOL!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

live aloha

« Reply #98 on: May 30, 2008 09:19:49 PM »

The blanket is even more awesome in real life.  She used double yarn throughout so it is really nice and heavy.  Not only is Superhooker a great craftster, but she really has a heart of gold.  I really admire her as a mom and for what she is doing for her nephews.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kaymadben
« Reply #99 on: May 30, 2008 10:48:54 PM »

Superhooker - That is an awesome blanket and sweater. I don't see how you knit a sweater and it turns out that great. I mean the ribbing and all. And the carebear - it looks AMAZING!! I think the sweater would probably take me about 5 years to make and the blanket probably about 10 years to make. Well considering I don't know how to knit maybe never. But I do crochet. But gosh that blanket would still take 10 years. How in the world did you make it that quick? I mean considering how HUMONGOUS it is you must really be the amazing SUPERHOOKER!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Can make dresses for your princess!

Wists: http://www.wists.com/skb
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
How to Style a Messy Bun with Flowers
How to Tame Summer Frizz
Change Up Your Look with Hair Extensions
How To Get Effortless Beach Wavy Hair
How To Style Your Hair Using A Hair Wand
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Belted Chair Seat
Tute Tuesday: Rainbow Skirt
Who? Who Loves Owls?

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...