A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,116
Currently Running With Scissors:
401 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craft for my Kid Swap Gallery!  (Read 24903 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: May 29, 2008 04:36:20 AM »

when i put the baby down at night she is often restless so i stay with her. i put the tv on for noise and that's when i do a lot of hand crafts so embroidery goes by in no time then. it's a good one to do in the car too, i find myself on lots of car trips and i don't drive so it works out in a crafty way!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

my brown eyed girl

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #91 on: May 29, 2008 05:57:17 PM »

I received this some time ago and was waiting until I could give her to Lana before posting, but instead of waiting I decided to go ahead with some non-action shots.  Be prepared to be wowed and get your wisting fingers ready:

Here's what Ghilie gave to Lana:

Isn't she outta this world!!

And look at all these clothes.  ACK!!  Dressed in pink since that's what she'll be wearing to the tea party along with her sister poppets.  She also has a lovely orange top, an orange knit outfit, dress slacks, a green dress, and a warm up suit!  Everything is so beautiful and well sewn.  Lana is really gonna flip for her.

Thank you Ghilie!!  I love her so much that I wish I could keep her for myself.  This is gonna make Lana's 4th Bday very special.  Thank you!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

superhooker

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: May 30, 2008 07:37:02 AM »

Oh, that poppet is sooo adorable!  I love ghilies poppets. (I'm the proud owner of a beautiful lady myself!)

I recieved from atsuko a couple of days ago, but its been a bit crazy here, so I'm just getting around to posting pics!  Here we go!

First up, these awesome felt banners!  The boys are so excited to hang these over their beds!  They really love the pictures, atsuko did such a great job with these!

Next up, these TMNT shirts!  One for each boy:

The images are put on so nicely, are they iron ons, atsuko?  I can never get things to look that nice!

They also each got a fab pirate shirt, but I totally can't get a good picture, atsuko sent me some pics, and I'll see if the shirts are in there, they are one of my favorite things!

next pic, two supercute felt dinos for Joshua, and a little furry monster (domukun?) for each boy:

Heres the little fruit squeezy balls, (a huge hit!  they love these!) some chinese finger traps, and soap shaped like legos! 

Next, the tiny TMNTs!!!  check out how cute these guys are!  I put in a CD case, so you can see just how mini they really are...which is so ultra perfect, my boys love cool little things they can carry in their pockets!

Here's some train stuff for Fritz, a Thomas the Tank Engine book, a journal with Thomas on the cover (great for writing secret notes, he says!) and one of those cool boppy balloons!  Also in the picture is a drawing from Lana!

Here's an action shot (sorry they're so crazy, and the room is all messy!  They're just getting ready for school.  Roll Eyes)

They are wearing eye patches and sherriff badges from atsuko, and what may have been their favorite thing...I opened the bag and they all yelled, " BURRIED TREASURE!!!!"  atsuko sent little pirate scopes and fun beaded necklaces...and they didn't want to take them off for school...

Thanks so much atsuko, everything is so great!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

my brown eyed girl

« Reply #93 on: May 30, 2008 08:22:46 AM »

Hi Superhooker!! 

I know!  The poppet is amazing.  I have a greater appreciation for them now that I am making the twins for Lana's Bday!

I'm so glad that you liked everything.  My package pales in comparison, but thank you for being so gracious about it.

I don't know if you found the Thomas patches I sent....they are in an envelope inside the Thomas book I think.  They are more of the ones that I used on his book.
I had a really hard time crafting Thomas things...I hope Fritz wasn't disappointed.

Here's a shot of the pirate tees.

I'm glad you liked them.  This was my first time making bleach tees.  It's really fun! 

I love the action shot of your boys!!  They are all so cute!!

I'll get my act together when I get home and post pics of your fantastic package!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

superhooker

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: May 30, 2008 08:28:32 AM »

atsuko, thanks for that shot of the pirate tees!  They really love everything you sent!  All three of them are soo happy with everything!  They've been really into pirates lately, so they were crazy about all the pirate stuff.  Alexander really flipped over the pokemon banner and the monsters.  Fritz has talked Alexander into sharing the tiny TMNTs...they are all in love with them!  They take the little squishy fruits out and play with them on the trampoline...  I'd say that everything is a hit!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
norahkate
« Reply #95 on: May 30, 2008 09:55:33 AM »

wow...i leave craftster for a few days and i come back to find pages and pages of amazing creations!  i'm a little nervous to send now...but i'm more excited than nervous anyway. 

i was all ready, but now i have to hurry and do some damage control.  (and almost completely redo one of the biggest things)
well, i moved this weekend and then a pipe behind the washer burst and my basement (in the new house) flooded yesterday - luckily the basement isn't completely finished, but unluckily that's where my craft room (and all my beautiful finished swap items) is!  and my computer, which thankfully wasn't plugged in, was down there too.  so that's destroyed, but at least the hard drive is okay so i just took it out and we'll put it in the new one (which i will hopefully be getting this weekend because i'm going to go through some serious craftster withdrawal when i'm not at work!)

anyway, that's my sob story...but don't worry my dear partner because i will take care of it all.   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for baby food jars (or other small jars with lids)
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

my brown eyed girl

« Reply #96 on: May 30, 2008 04:18:20 PM »

Superhooker blew my mind yesterday with her amazing package.  She warned me that she was sending a big box and it was that and heavy....too heavy.

Here's Lana opening the box:

She squealed with joy when she saw the sweater.  So did I!  It is beyond perfect.  I can't believe that this is the first time that you did intarsia.  Awesome job!!

Yay!  Stamps for our collection!!

The next package had a beautiful Strawberry Shortcake apron and socks!  You can tell that Lana is pleased.  She loves cooking and this is perfect!!

Then there was a ton of goodies: 2 knit bunnies, stickers, a duck, a birdhouse to assemble (done and all painted now!!) and paint, a great book, soap, a washcloth, and a flower press with handpainted flowers and Lana's name on it (Lovely!!)

Lana really loved the little duck that grows when you put it into water.  After we opened everything she asked for some water and started growing it.  Shes having fun watching it grow.  So fun!!  My mom is really looking forward to making some pressed flowers with Lana.  This is really, really incredible...so nicely finished and the painting is lovely.  Man, is there anything that you don't do Superhooker? 

Finally she tugged on the edge of the blanket and it just kept coming and coming and coming and at some point I realized that this was a ginormous rainbow star blanket.  I told Superhooker that Lana outgrew her last one and Superhooker made sure that she wouldn't be outgrowing this ever again. 

Lana is 42" tall so you can see how big this is. 

Lana in her rainbow burrito as she calls it.

ACK!   Am I a bad mommy for wanting to steal this?

Thank you so much Superhooker.  I really feel bad now about my package.  I'm sorry.  Hopefully I can make it up to you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

christephi

From a tiny seed grows a giant tree.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: May 30, 2008 04:28:01 PM »

Now we know why she's called SUPERhooker. That package is AMAZING!!! I would have totally swooned over that flower press when I was a kid.
Lana is such a doll!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: Sprouting Flowers

Follow me on Twitter @christephi
klum78

Actual size shown

« Reply #98 on: May 30, 2008 04:58:24 PM »

Oh my!  What a fabulous package.  Lana is soo cute Atsuko!!  I think I would want to steal the blanket and the sweater.  I love that sweater!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We are in the process of switching over to cloth diapers.  Would love some advice, hint, tips.   Will swap for diapers!
My etsy shop: KimberlyMade
Wisty Goodness
CraftyCarrie
Tutorial Contributor

Good at everything...Great at nothing

i crafted a kid

« Reply #99 on: May 30, 2008 06:02:15 PM »

WOW!!!  Fantastic job on the sweater and blanket.  Lana is very lucky!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Good at everything...Great at nothing
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cook Brown Rice
Chicken Satay- Chicken Satay Peanut - Chicken Satay Recipe
Chicken Stir Fry - Chicken Stir Fry with Beansprouts
Thai Chicken Cashew recipe
How to Make Spring Rolls
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...