A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,855
Currently Running With Scissors:
687 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 24
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craft for my Kid Swap Gallery!  (Read 23916 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SpottedFrog
« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2008 06:18:45 AM »

Ok Pics of goodies from ZeldaSuicide Smiley

All the "small" stuff, in physical size only! Barbie clothes, patterns, more fabrics, stamps, paperdolls, goodies, goodies, goodies Smiley

Ok, when I pulled this out of the box I didn't even say anything, I just held it up to 4 year old who said "MaryPoppins!MaryPoppins!MaryPoppins!" grabbed it & ran off into the other room to put it on without waiting to see anything else in the box. Matter of fact she's still wearing it Cheesy

Very cool thing for the 6 year old into playground games, indoor hopscotch!

We love it all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #71 on: May 28, 2008 06:58:41 AM »

I'm glad you liked everything.

That hopscotch mat is the biggest thing I've ever made (well that wasn't a fleece panel blanket that I just had to sew binding around the edges, doesn't really count), I just love how it turned out, the fabrics are so cute.  I wanted to make it more like a "quilt", with batting and a backing (with that no slip stuff), but the husband said no more buying more buying fabric/craft stuff, but this way it should take up less space rolled up.  I should've made a yoga mat type bag for it, why didn't I think of that before!?
While I was trying to take pictures of it Q was running up and down it shouting out the numbers as he ran across them, it was too cute, even if it did make taking pictures nearly impossible.  I think I may make him one with smaller squares (yours are 12x12), more his size (and so it won't take up so much space, that thing is LONG).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #72 on: May 28, 2008 08:21:52 AM »

Here are a few more pictures of the hopscotch mat and also the Barbie clothes.

Haha, Penlowe, could you tell that I recently got a serger?  Wink
Also, I hope the Barbie clothes actually fit, I followed the patterns, but I don't have any Barbies that I could try them on.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Modern Peeps Family by Lana

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2008 08:27:45 AM »

Love the hopscotch mat and the barbie clothes!  The bee fabric and the cupcake fabrics are too cute.  Where did you find those at Zelda.Suicide?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi! I'm looking for a spinner to transform my awesome fiber into yarn for me....have some fantastic jewelry and commercially purchased fiber for trade. my etsy
Live aloha
psoupdesigns
« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2008 08:47:50 AM »

I love the hopscotch mat and the barbie clothes! Were the barbie clothes hard to make?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #75 on: May 28, 2008 08:59:26 AM »

The bee fabric my mom picked out at the local fabric/quilting shop that's like a mile from my house (so awesome), I made her an apron for mother's using it.  The cupcake/candy fabric is a Japanese import I got on eBay.

Honestly, I have sworn off ever making Barbie clothes again, because they were very frustrating with their teeny tiny seam allowances.  But if you can make tiny things without wanting to break things, then I am sure it would be a breeze.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SpottedFrog
« Reply #76 on: May 28, 2008 11:37:00 AM »

Oh yes, all Barbies in the house are wearing new clothes today Smiley I'm really glad the little one has finally matured into the dexterity to dress Barbie herself.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Madmatigan79

Back by popular demand...

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 28, 2008 11:52:47 AM »

I LOVE the indoor hopscotch game! What a great idea!!

Also...that pirate map quilt?? Just...wow!

And...actually...ev erything in this gallery is pretty darn awesome! The bar is set pretty high!! I'm just finishing up a couple of things for my partner, patty_o_furniture, and should be sending out in the next day or so. I hope her package lives up to the stuff that other people have sent!!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
christephi

From a tiny seed grows a giant tree.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: May 28, 2008 12:24:10 PM »

I've loved everything so far...but that quilt ss like 370 points!!!! NOT FAIR you are making the rest of us look bad  Wink  Crazy awsome, really a great job, you should be proud.  And the little cutie that received it, it looks like he probably deserves the 370 points he's so cute! 

Again, I won't be sending mine early.  Making great progress, but paused today to reorg my craft room which took all day.  It was so messy I just couldn't focus anymore.

Aww! You're all making me feel like a million bucks! My husband really got a chuckle out of your 370 points comment. ;-)

I'm so impressed with the stuff everyone's made! That POW shirt and the indoor hopscotch, wow! Everything is just awesome! I'm so glad I joined this swap (it was my first one)!

My husband forbade me from ever joining another (he didn't like that I gave out our address), but I'm begging him to let me do the wishlist one you've all been talking about. I think he just might go for it too...   Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: Sprouting Flowers

Follow me on Twitter @christephi
Slingmomma
Crafty Esthetician!

Accessory hoarder.... scarves beware!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #79 on: May 28, 2008 12:47:53 PM »

Great package, I never woulda thought of the indoor hopscotch!!

Alright! Here they are, my pictures of the fantastic package that monkeythumb sent my son!! warning I had to take lots of pics and I am sure you will understand why!!

This is my little man helping mommie open the box...

This is what he found inside, I had to keep his sneaky fingers away or he would have ripped it all to shreds!

Showing me the paper that says this one first!

The first thing were these awesome fabric blocks, complete with ribbons and jingly bells!

This is his "look mom" face! He was smiling before but whenver the flash goes off he kinda gets this funny dopey face!

Next was this adorable lion! He too has a jingly bell in his head!!

Then there were these awesome embroidered t-shirts! They say that they are size 2/3, well my little man is 13 months and they fit!

Now onto my favorite thing! A felt book with my sons name in it, Carson!!

Isnt it just the coolest thing you have ever seen!! My boyfriend loves the octopus!

A group shot of all the goodies!!

Thank you again monkeythumb, we really love everything!!! I just have to finish the zipper on one of you kiddies things and it will be out to mail, if not tomorrow then Friday!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A Spinners Magic Yarn ball! Join us!
Fat Quarter swap-almost done craft for sloth003 Cheesy
IYP 17-deadbathducky waiting still to receive!
Sew/Yarn v's Paper-got my partners!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 24 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Tie-Dyed Leggings
How to Make Hand-Dyed Beaded Necklaces
How to Craft a Futuristic Pumpkin
How to Make a Candy Bouquet With Dylan Lauren
How to Make Festive Halloween Decorations
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...