A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 308,221
Currently Running With Scissors:
245 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: what to make for dinner?  (Read 730 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cinnamon teal
« on: April 24, 2008 02:46:47 PM »

So every week I get a CSA box full of yummy fruits and veggies from a local farm.  And each week, I sit down and plan out a menu and shopping list based on what we'll be getting in our box.  We've not vegetarian, but we eat vegetarian 3+ times each week.  My problem right now is that I'm just plum out of new ideas.  I'm looking for a new (vegetarian) recipe, instead of the same ol' stirfries and fried rice dished that we've eating the past few weeks.  I'm willing to listen to any suggestions, but I'd like to use at least one or two of the things from our box.

This week we'll have: Spinach, Strawberries, Snap Peas, Grapefruit, Salad Mix, Asparagus, English Peas, Spring Onions

Thanks so much!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RedMenace
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008 08:37:18 PM »

Last year when I bought way too many strawberries, one of my favorite things I made was a baby spinach salad with strawberries and balsamic vinaigrette. You could do it as a side, or add some crumbly cheese and/or toasted seeds or nuts and have it as the main meal.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rockindancer86

$2.99 a gallon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008 10:20:45 AM »

What about asparagus soup? You could put spinach, snap peas, spring onions... just about any of the non-fruit stuff in there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life-in-Japan, crafts, musings, etc blog here: "Gooooo Japan!" at http://www.rockindancer86.blogspot.com

Excuse me, Mister Pete, have the Cubans a different beat? If they have will you teach me to chick-chick-chicky-boom, chick-chicky-boom?
cinnamon teal
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008 11:36:08 AM »

Thanks so much for the suggestions! 

RedMenace - The salad idea sounds really great - too bad I've already eaten most of the strawberries!  But it's just the beginning of the season and we're sure to get more in other boxes.  I'll just have to try it next time. Smiley

rockindancer86 - what sort of asparagus soup?  Like cream of asparagus?  I've never really tried asparagus soup before.  Can you recommend a recipe?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Snowhite
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008 05:11:52 PM »

I often make spinach and strawberry salads.  I slice the strawberries and "marinate" them in 1/4 c olive oil and 1/4c vinegar.  They release their juices and that is what I use for my dressing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Lemon Cornmeal Waffles
Whooops!
@Home This Weekend: Curtains!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...