A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 298,644
Currently Running With Scissors:
606 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Paypal + Processing Credit Card Payments?  (Read 439 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mei
« on: April 28, 2008 10:33:05 PM »

Okay so I'm reaaaallly lost about processing credit card payments.

I've just set up Mal's E-Commerce.
Payment methods I'm accepting are Cash On Delivery, Direct Deposit and Paypal.

I would want to accept credit cards as well, for people who DON'T have a Paypal account.

Paypal have got quite a number of solutions for this, but it confuses the hell out of me! I've noted that this Paypal Pro Link thing works, but you have to pay USD30/month? >.<
Sorry but I'd like to not have to dish out any money for this (except for transaction fees) if I can.

Can anyone please help clarify this? If I can use Paypal to accept credit cards, what do I need to do so that the option is put into Mal's E's checkout page?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Online store of handmade goodness: Tiny Hands Jewelry
MissDisney
will you take me to gang practice? yis?

You will never guess

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008 11:27:11 PM »

ok, this isnt a solution, but just some input

i wouldnt have a credit card only form, because PayPal is really meant to be security for you and your customers...if something goes wrong, there is an independant 3rd party to decide whichdirection to go. i think that the number of sales you might not get would be minute, and i know as a rabid online consumer, i personally WONT shop somewhere that doesnt have somesort of garuntee in place (usually i just use PayPal though)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
smittenheart

Let go of what's already gone..

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008 08:31:08 AM »

I accept CC for another one of my businesses(non crafts) I have a merchant account set up with a bank and they process my transactions and deposit it directly into my checking account.Most banks have a merchant account for businesses.You could check with the bank that you are already using for your usual banking..

I dont use Paypal(my own issues) but I have an online store that does process CC though its through the website owner non Paypal..I forsee that once I open my own website I will have to use PP but thats a long way down the road for me..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

its ME!!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=327537.0

http://cowandpigdesigns.etsy.com
http://cowandpigdesigns.blogspot.com
Soap licking is dangerous..please dont try it at home

will trade some soap for a superhero cape which will be used by the kid in my avatar ^^
mei
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008 08:11:51 PM »

I accept CC for another one of my businesses(non crafts) I have a merchant account set up with a bank and they process my transactions and deposit it directly into my checking account.Most banks have a merchant account for businesses.You could check with the bank that you are already using for your usual banking..

Thanks for the suggestion! I would do that, but unfortunately, almost everything Malaysian is pretty rigid. The banks I know don't have a service like this, or when they do, they charge pretty high fees >.<

Thanks for your input though, girls!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Online store of handmade goodness: Tiny Hands Jewelry
jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008 06:58:38 AM »

Okay so I'm reaaaallly lost about processing credit card payments.

I've just set up Mal's E-Commerce.
Payment methods I'm accepting are Cash On Delivery, Direct Deposit and Paypal.

I would want to accept credit cards as well, for people who DON'T have a Paypal account.

Paypal have got quite a number of solutions for this, but it confuses the hell out of me! I've noted that this Paypal Pro Link thing works, but you have to pay USD30/month? >.<
Sorry but I'd like to not have to dish out any money for this (except for transaction fees) if I can.

Can anyone please help clarify this? If I can use Paypal to accept credit cards, what do I need to do so that the option is put into Mal's E's checkout page?

Well, you don't have to have your own paypal account to send money VIA Paypal.  So buyers can choose that method without setting up an account.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The History of Glass Blowing
How to Tie the Handcuff Knot
How to Sew a Dress
What Is Glass Art
What to Do If Thread Is Caught in Your Sewing Machine
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament
Falling for Autumn Crafts

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...