A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,716
Currently Running With Scissors:
644 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: something romantique?  (Read 3847 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

xxXXkindelXXxx
highway robber

i want to be the girl with the most cake.

View Profile WWW
« on: January 30, 2005 08:27:26 PM »

so. ive been with my beau for 2.5 years. woot! and i love him lot, but ive noooo idea what to get him for v-day. ive looked at everything posted but its not really what i want to make or what i really think he would like. he's 23 going on 24 (his b'day is feb.21) and we are very romantically inclined so i need something nice and very heartfelt. i liked the drawing on undies but i sorta tossed it by him and he didnt like it so much. he will like anything i give him but i need to get him something nice.  Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

< let's get something done, too much idle time is wasted. Let's cut to the chase, and don't be afraid!> A.O.M.
witchybelle4u2
I am the terror that flaps in the night...

"I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2005 05:29:35 AM »

I don't know how much this helps but last year for VDay I took a journal and filled it full of romantic poems, lyrics, quotes, pictures, etc. etc. I also put poems that I'd written for my husband (then boyfriend) and pictures of us plus little things like the plane ticket that I used to fly over and meet him for the first time, etc. Maybe something like that?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Careful...there are occupational hazards to being a god." (The Transcendent Pig)
Ninglorithiel
Crafting in the Catbird Seat

I lost my cookie at the disco! *sob*

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2005 06:58:38 AM »

My fiance and I are getting married this year!  So I guess I feel "extra pressure" to do something great this year.

In past years, I've scanned and downloaded pics of old fashioned valentine cards, printed them out... and written love notes on each, and put them up all over the apartment. It ended up being a bit like a treasure hunt, with clues in each love note about where to go next, with the jackpot being the candy heart at the end.  He really enjoyed that one!

This year, I'm thinking of maybe a CD filled with music that reminds me of him, of us... some of it is going to be very goofy. Some of it I'm not sure I'll be able to find (like the theme songs to some cartoons no longer on the air).
Apart from that, I'm not sure what to do! I'm looking for ideas here, myself...

-Nin.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I knit myself a blue scarf with wool and a shiny eyelash yarn. I can't wear it on the subway, because it looks like a dead muppet pelt, and children cry when they see me.
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2005 07:05:31 AM »

Ok, so this isn't crafty...but my boyfriend adored it for Valentine's 2 years ago.  Smiley
http://www.bookbyyou.com/
The deadline to order from them is February 10th  Smiley  You give them details about you guys... like... pets name, where you grew up, favorite restaurant, silly habits...etc. and they fit them all into this crazy, silly, sometimes all little risque...novel.  It's a really sweet story & it's actually a printed book!  They have 5 romance novels currently available... I ordered.. "Loves Next Door," because ironically...we grew up in the same small town, moved to separate cities, ended up being roommates, then lovers...I wasn't exactly sure what the story line would be, but it ended up really fitting!  Ha Wink  The others are all fairly new, so I am not sure what they are about.

It ended up being a gift for me as well...each night before bed, he read a few pages to me. Smiley

I went a step further & got us front row tickets to a comedy club...he really likes Jim Bruer *chuckle* and put them inside the front cover.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
turtlebriana

always trying to do new things

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2005 02:20:38 PM »

Okay, so I am totally into this book.... Maybe you will be too.

http://break.ks.roxtet.com/k379

This is a book that you fill out together and ask each  other questions. For the brave, intimate, and open couple. But really, it is very intriguing, and can be very fun and eye-opening for couples.

There is also one called All ABout ME for individuals.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xxXXkindelXXxx
highway robber

i want to be the girl with the most cake.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2005 09:49:17 AM »

thanx guys, really different ideas. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

< let's get something done, too much idle time is wasted. Let's cut to the chase, and don't be afraid!> A.O.M.
Shotgun_Bettie

Yup I'm Back..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2005 10:38:15 AM »

If he likes good food and what guy doesn't, pick up a cheap but pretty picnic basket somewhere, stuff it with all kinds of yummy goodies, stuff you can share and feed each other. Maybe add a cd of his favorite slower kind of music (you can design the cover just for him) or a dvd you know he's wanted. If it's crummy out have a nice inside picnic inside. Throw a blanket down in the middle of the floor, light a few candles, kick back and enjoy all your goodies.
If he's a little adventerous send him on a scavenger hunt to find stuff Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafting O.C.D at it's finest...
direadieu
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2008 06:46:00 AM »

Okay, so I am totally into this book.... Maybe you will be too.

http://break.ks.roxtet.com/k379

This is a book that you fill out together and ask each  other questions. For the brave, intimate, and open couple. But really, it is very intriguing, and can be very fun and eye-opening for couples.

There is also one called All ABout ME for individuals.

Does anyone actually own this book? If so would you be willing to share the questions with me? Smiley I want to give something like this, but I dont want to buy the book! I prefer to make my own but I need some questions to put in it I guess.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cd2282
Fighter Pilot WWII

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2008 07:28:03 AM »

I went with the record bowl this year, but i made it into the shape of a valet tray. That way he can put his keys, wallet, and stuff. Inside his favorite mm's (from mymms.com, you can personalize cute messages!). I also got matching american apparel shirts (our favorite, because theyre soo soft) and im gonna print a key on his and heart on mine..i havent decided if on the pocket or near the bottom. And a card that also goes with the "key to my heart" theme.
You dont have to go all out, the important thing is spending time together.

about the book thing, it would be cool if you made youre own book, that way you know whats in it! Smiley
Do a search for stories and stuff and combine them.
Chapters: How you first met, First Kiss, First Date, Funny moments
the possibilities are endless
THIS ROCKS   Logged
redheadedrowdy
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2008 10:20:10 AM »

so. ive been with my beau for 2.5 years. woot! and i love him lot, but ive noooo idea what to get him for v-day. ive looked at everything posted but its not really what i want to make or what i really think he would like. he's 23 going on 24 (his b'day is feb.21) and we are very romantically inclined so i need something nice and very heartfelt. i liked the drawing on undies but i sorta tossed it by him and he didnt like it so much. he will like anything i give him but i need to get him something nice.  Huh

My boyfriend will be 24 on Feb. 21st as well! Smiley How weird. I've always gotten a tiny bit stressed trying to come up with twice the amount of gift ideas since Vday and his bday are only a week apart.
Anyway, this year I'm doing a pocket-sized "50 reasons" book for him. I've come up with 50 reasons why I love him/things that I love about him and I'm pairing those with pictures and then decorating the book with magazine clippings.
If I have time... (well that's one good thing about the proximity of holidays, if I don't finish it for Vday, then it'll be for his bday) then I am also going to decorate a nice, sturdy box to keep all of our love paraphernalia in.. you know, love letters, cards, movie stubs, etc... I sent him a lot of stuff when we were in a long-distance relationship and he kept it in a horribly battered Nike shoe box which is now on the top shelf of our closet. Time for an upgrade!

Some other romantic ideas...
I think it would be cool to write the story of how you met and how your relationship came about as if you two were characters in a book (from your perspective, what was going through your head and all)- you could even do illustrations or put pictures of you two in it. Then perhaps as time goes on you can return to the book and write more chapters of your love! (OK that last bit sounded cheesy...)

Cook a meal! Guys love food... I know my bf and I never have time to make dinner for each other anymore, so when we do, the other is very appreciative. And if you take the time to make every detail special, he will appreciate it all the more.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Bringing the Four Seasons Pool Room Home
Is Ecodesign a Ripoff? How to Afford a Healthy Home
Frank Lloyd Wright or An Igloo? Sexy Homes on Airbnb
Granite Vs. Laminate: Sustainability Below the Surface
Gardens of the Atomic Age: Landscaping Eichler Homes
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...