A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 301,564
Currently Running With Scissors:
652 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ((11)) Lime Zebra Mini, Polka Dot Playskirt, Black Lace Ruffle Mini, Zebra Mini  (Read 8161 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SinDoll
Adam West

Wednesday grew up

View Profile WWW
« on: April 28, 2008 03:14:45 PM »

Pink Playsuit

I have no idea what posessed me to even make this. I like it though + I'm def going to make more. The pockets gave me grief, I havn't done welt pockets in so long but it all worked out in the end. The buttons don't actually undo, so the straps are there for good,but it's easy enough to slid into + out of. There's a zip in center back too.

It's pretty much just an awesomely embellished version of the mini's I normally make. ((How cute is my sister betty?))

Black Lace Mini

I havn't got any of this being worn, as it was a custom order + the girl is TINY! It's a mass of black lace which was fun to sew + figure out. The fabric is like a stretch drill + I just made up the pattern as i went along. It's got darts + Facings etc. The Lace is straight across the front then at the side seams it starts to slant downwards so in the center back seam they meet in a 'v' shape.

It's a high-waisted mini skirt and will come just above mid thigh on her. It turned out better than I imagined.

((front))

((sideseam - lace slants towards back))

((back))

Lime Zebra Mini

Because it was a long weekend, we had much partying planned. Thursday night I made this for my sister Betty to wear. It's courtesy of Lucy's fabric stash. It's a really short piled zebra print fur.

All i've got is action shots ..

((This first one you can see Lucy's dress she made herself too! I'm wearing some houndstooth shorts I also made))

Another Zebra Mini

I don't know whether the mods want me to move this as a seperate post, since it's a recon, but I didn't want people to get pissy with so many seperate Posts. I can't keep Everyone happy so it's either one or the other.

Anyway.

I wore this on the Friday night. I had run out of mini skirts to wear ((how did that happen!?)). It was a pencil skirt made from stretchy zebra fabric, and was really old + faded. I used to wear it sometimes to see a local band called Zebra Rodeo ((best misfits-sounding band EVER)) but Hadn't worn it in ages. I cut it, and added a black band across the bottom. It was fun to wear Cheesy

((before the gig))

((After the gig - I also made my sister's dress. it's somewhere around here. And I made the t-shirt I'm wearing too. Just a simple reconstruction of my friend's band's shirt The Bad Moon Company))

Zebra Rodeo Myspace
The Bad Moon Company Myspace

What do you reckon kids!?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thatcraftyrabbit

This bunny is crafty!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008 03:24:08 PM »

Ahh I love everything!!!! My fav is the pink dress at the bottom! Great, great work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
timid_gothica

I will spray paint your face!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008 03:24:48 PM »

all your clothes are adorable. I really love the jumper.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat shit and die
- Hunter S. Thompson

my etsy!
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5779650
lilbandade
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008 03:26:21 PM »

they are all so cute (the creations and your sisters)
i think the lime green zebra mini is my favorite though.
lime green always wins when its a choice.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mollteaser
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008 03:31:59 PM »

i want that playsuit! are there darts in the skirt part? or is it just a basic trapezium type shape? either way it's awesome! as is the lime mini Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SinDoll
Adam West

Wednesday grew up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008 03:42:27 PM »

i want that playsuit! are there darts in the skirt part? or is it just a basic trapezium type shape? either way it's awesome! as is the lime mini Smiley

No darts, I take them out + curve the waistband instead on most of my mini skirts ((So easy to just whip up when i need to)). The sideseams are curved too, you know, for the hips and they come back in a tiny bit for the hem. The straps are just long strips i cut + pinned on her when she was wearing it to get the right angle for the cross over Cheesy

Ahh I love everything!!!! My fav is the pink dress at the bottom! Great, great work!

I looked + I found the craftster post I made on the dress a few years ago. I edited it with new pics too Cheesy It looks better on someone it actually fits ((i.e. my tiny waisted sister)). I just realised I used the leftover fabric from the Bo Peep dress for the playsuit Cheesy Yey for fabric hoarding over a million years.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dez-igns
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008 04:52:12 PM »

those are very cool! I love your skull muckers Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

So you, could spend the morning walkin with me, quite amazed. As I am unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed.
http://www.dezignsforkidz.etsy.com
gracelyn
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2008 06:04:17 PM »

I really love everything that you've put up here. I haven't made any clothes for myself yet but your post inspires me to stop using my gift only for others and use it for myself as well! I love the colors and patterns you use together, looks great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kell78
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2008 07:39:23 PM »

Wow the pink playsuit is just so cute, and looks fab on your sister. The green zebra mini is great too very bold I'd love to have the guts to wear something like that.....lol   Smiley maybe one day
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rachikus
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2008 11:24:22 PM »

My green zebra fabric (Y)
D00d you rock so much.

My favourite is the black mini.
Sooooo hot. So tiny.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stalk me
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Fry Bacon
How to Cook Bacon in the Oven
How the New Orleans Dosant Was Created
Tart and Tangy Tuna Salad Recipe
4 Ways to Make School Sack Lunches More Fun
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Candy, Anyone?
Crafty Kitchen
Meatless Monday: TVP Jerky

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...