A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 299,153
Currently Running With Scissors:
637 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ROUND 2--Altered Ancestors Swap  (Read 6313 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

squirrelgirl

I'm a hot pink llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2008 08:44:46 AM »

Here is the piece I received from Crafty_dame. It has such amazing texture in person.

Thanks crafty_dame!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I heart comics! Visit my store website!
http://www.guapocomicsandbooks.com/

EL WISTO:
http://www.wists.com/alliemaries
neverseenblue
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2008 11:05:29 AM »

that looks awesome - what is the background made out of?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

neverseenblue
« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2008 11:19:40 AM »

Here is the piece I received from crafty_dame:

It's gorgeous!

Also, here is the piece I sent to Joyous Bohemian:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

JoyousBohemian
« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2008 04:20:32 PM »

ack sorry, neverseenblue! I completely forgot to post your gorgeous page! *bad me! bad me!* I still completely love it, and thank you again for it!

p.s. everyone else's pages are absolutely lovely!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008 04:22:12 PM by JoyousBohemian - Reason: because I'm a poo and forget things » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my hand-dyed fiber!
portfiber.etsy.com
craftydame
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i love glitter and glitter loves me.

hi craftster! i've missed you!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2008 01:46:45 PM »

i am sucktastic, and still haven't had a chance to post the awesome piece i received from squirrelgirl almost a week ago. i'm so sorry!!

but here it is! and it's great!

i love the shading done with the watered ink or paint, and the frame around my great great aunt belle's face. the texture of the frame is very cool! there's also a bit of a sheen to some parts, just a little bit of gold!

and my favourite part is the little phrase in a frame with a heart dangling from it!

my mom was so tickled by that! it's perfect!

aunt belle was super into photography way before it was common or easily accessible, and we have albums and albums of photos that show her life. she didn't label any of the people in the albums (i guess she assumed she'd remember), but she labeled all the horses!  Grin

thank you so much squirrelgirl! i'm so sorry it took so long!  i'm so glad you liked your piece!

neverseenblue, the background on the pink/red piece is acrylic paint mixed with acrylic medium, and then after it dried, a wash of a darker red paint. there are links to the actual medium i used on my blog, if you're curious. the background of yours (i'm so glad you like it!) is a technique using acrylic medium and laying paper over it while it's wet, and then when it's partially dry, you use masking tape to peel some of it off. it worked very cool! and then it was sprayed with blue walnut ink until it was saturated.

i really love the piece you sent! the shades of brown and red make it very warm and loving, and i love the fabric and the stitching. what an awesome page!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my crafty blog!

i like exclamation marks.
neverseenblue
« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2008 04:05:07 PM »

Here is the wonderful piece I received from just_lisa:

I love it - thank you so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

neverseenblue
« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2008 04:07:44 PM »

crafty_dame - Thanks for sharing those techniques with us. I just bought a large bottle of acrylic medium the other day, so I will definitely be trying both techniques out in the near future!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

just_lisa
« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2008 07:46:38 AM »

I've received a fantastic page from squirrelgirl!  I love the metal embossing that she's done and the buttons are too cute!

We had a hard time getting a good pic.  If I put the page in a somewhat bright location there was a glare on the page.  If I put the page in a darker location, the camera flash went off also resulting in glare.  Do you have a better pic squirrelgirl?

I'm also wondering what kind of metal did you use on this?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008 07:49:40 AM by just_lisa » THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftydame
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i love glitter and glitter loves me.

hi craftster! i've missed you!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #68 on: June 20, 2008 02:06:50 AM »

just_lisa, that's such a pretty page! i like the flowers dancing across the picture!

squirrelgirl, the embossed metal is awesome! i second the question of what you used! and i'd love to see a clearer pic!

neverseenblue, acrylic medium is awesome stuff! did you just get plain stuff, or one of the textured ones? i've been playing around with a few different ones, and they're so much fun. i think you really need at least a medium gel one to do the kind of thing i did for squirrelgirl's piece. a heavier gel might have been even better, actually. i just got the glass bead medium, and that's very cool! just make sure you wash your brushes out IMMEDIATELY, and be prepared for much longer drying times!

i got a beautiful page from JoyousBohemian a little while ago, and i was sure i'd posted a picture, but i hadn't even uploaded it! i'm so sorry! it's a really awesome piece!

it's my mom's grandparents, and i love this pic, because i can really see my mom in her. the picture itself is awesome, joyousbohemian printed it out in sepia tones onto photo paper or something heavier and then brushed it over with some sort of gloss. the fabric on the side is actually ribbon, and it's very shimmery and pretty. the background from sense and sensibility, and there's a torn piece of text on the photo that says "and made her his secret standard of perfection". so lovely!! i really adore the letters in "love", especially how one is black, and the buttons are the perfect touch, the shell one on the ribbon is gorgeous!

thank you so much JoyousBohemian, i love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my crafty blog!

i like exclamation marks.
just_lisa
« Reply #69 on: June 20, 2008 04:25:03 AM »

Such a pretty page!  I love all of the Jane Austen text that has been used in this swap.  I think the perfection line is great.  She is his idea of perfection  Smiley how sweet! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Flank Steak and Wraps Recipe - Part 1
Chocolate Sticky Buns with Chef Jehangir Mehta at Graffiti
Grecian Garden Vegetables with Chef Michael Psilakis at Anthos
Porcelet with Chef Kerry Heffernan at South Gate
Holiday Game with Chef Craig Hopson at One if by Land, Two if By Sea
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...