A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 302,969
Currently Running With Scissors:
554 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Twilight corset t-shirt  (Read 6610 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

metaphysical_muse
Beets. Bears. Battlestar Galactica.

View Profile WWW
« on: April 27, 2008 11:36:05 PM »

This is my first shirt recon!

I'm a huge fan of Stephenie Meyer's Twilight Saga and wanted to make something to wear to her book signing that I'm going to in May. My sewing skills are poor at best, so this crafty endeavor went the way most of my sewing projects go- lots of swearing and me getting slightly hysterical halfway through. But, it turned out okay in the end.

This started out as a plain black medium men's tee shirt. The front is iron on transfers and the back is a corset style lace up I did using the tutorial found here:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=38788.0. The picture links are dead, but you can get the idea of how to put it together.

The front: Bite Me...Please!

The back

I ran out of ribbon, so the botton laces aren't done. I might get a thinner ribbon to use for the lacings so they will lay flat.

Also, does anyone know if fabric glue will stick to the iron on transfers? I wanted to embellish the text with little red rhinestones, but I don't know if it will work.

Any other Twilighters (or Twi-hards, Fanpires, or TwilightMOMS) out there?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
meganlorraine
-Meg

Do what you like: Like what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008 11:50:33 PM »

totally wisted Smiley I  loved those books... well the first and the second. I left the third at my parent's house on accident *pouts
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I need bottle cap earrings with pictures of my kitty. Will swap anything for them!!!!!!

Pinterest- http://pinterest.com/meganlorraine/

I love personal swaps and would love some help making quilt squares. Let me know if you're interested!
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008 07:14:33 AM »

Great shirt! I don't know if glue will stick to the shirt or not but if you want it to be washable I wouldn't glue rinestones to it. You can buy some that iron on, and some that you sew on. Check the "patch" section at your walmart, or craft store.
For the sew on gems look in the button section. Smiley

I've just never had good experience with glue and the washing machine. lol.

I love the shirt bunches but I agree on thinner ribbon to lace the back. Perhaps a darker red. That would look sweet. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ofenjen
*dreams in fabric*

*dreams in fabric*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008 05:07:26 PM »

Your shirt is adorable!  Good job on your first recon and YAY YOU for not giving up!   I think I like that your ribbon is a bit too short...sort of risqu-ish.  If you want some really dazzling text, you might try outlining the words with machine washable glitter paint.  I love rhinestones, but applying them individually is a huge exercise in patience!

I'm a big fan of the books, too.  I'm mostly active in the LJ Twilight community twilight_crafts, though I've visited quite a few of the websites that are out there.  I've been listening to a lot of the Twi-podcasts lately, too.  Oh, and I'm also participating in Twilight Swap Round 2.  Um, just a little obsessed!  *twitch*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewhooked - quilt patterns, crochet & crafts
Fandom In Stitches - free multi-fandom quilt patterns by fans for fans (Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Doctor Who, Disney & More!)
eyeshadowninja
Too amateur for my own talent.

Let's swap.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008 08:01:05 PM »

I love that.
That's awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

t33ng1rlsqu4d
Throw him to the Balrogs!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2008 08:15:12 PM »

oh, i'm obsessed.
counting down the days until the first chapter, new book, and the movie.

i love the back, especially.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
metaphysical_muse
Beets. Bears. Battlestar Galactica.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008 06:56:07 AM »

I'm a big fan of the books, too.  I'm mostly active in the LJ Twilight community twilight_crafts, though I've visited quite a few of the websites that are out there.  I've been listening to a lot of the Twi-podcasts lately, too.  Oh, and I'm also participating in Twilight Swap Round 2.  Um, just a little obsessed!  *twitch*

Cool! I don't have a LJ account, but I'll probably be lurking around on there now! There are some really awesome projects on there.

I know, I'm totally obsessed, too. And I've "changed" several friends and family members, so now I have company in my obsession.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
le_coiffeur04
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2008 08:50:41 AM »

Cute shirt!!!   I love Twilight. Thats awesome you get to go meet her. I have seen ribbon that already had rhinstones on it. or you could use a gem magic or bedazzler to set them on. My local quilt store has really cool hot set gems that are pretty cheap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ofenjen
*dreams in fabric*

*dreams in fabric*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2008 10:12:27 AM »

Cool! I don't have a LJ account, but I'll probably be lurking around on there now! There are some really awesome projects on there.

I know, I'm totally obsessed, too. And I've "changed" several friends and family members, so now I have company in my obsession.

I started out by stalking LJ Harry Potter groups, now I'm there more than just about anywhere else.  Just another addiction, I guess. Wink

My sister has my books right now.  I hope to make a Twilighter out of her yet...I really need someone local to discuss with!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewhooked - quilt patterns, crochet & crafts
Fandom In Stitches - free multi-fandom quilt patterns by fans for fans (Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Doctor Who, Disney & More!)
Alexa_Angel
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2008 11:36:05 PM »

Great shirt! I think the kind of glue you are looking for is called GemTac. You can find it here (as well as many other places): http://www.artbeads.com/gemtac.html

Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived, and lived well. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Diane Kruger Stuns at Peter Pilotto for Target Fashion Show
5 Hot Valentine’s Day Lingerie Looks
Celebrities Show Off Sexy Fashion at AmfAR Gala
Top Makeover Tips from Lawrence Zarian
Fashion Staples to Stock Up on for Work
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...