A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 303,936
Currently Running With Scissors:
505 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: craft stores in Jerez and El Puerto area  (Read 2445 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jtandelliesmom
« on: December 08, 2006 03:09:58 PM »

HI, I am new to Spain and Im having trouble finding craft type stores. Are there stores that sell a little of everything like fabrics , trims, craft supplies etc??
Please let me know.
Thanks!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Spindoll
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2006 11:01:01 AM »

Hi! Have you asked on andalucia.com? That is quite a lively english speaking forum and someone might be able to help...?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
owalkerjillo

Ve**ns rule :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007 09:30:32 PM »

I lived in that area (around Arcos de la Frontera actually, a beautiful pueblo blanco, hop on an amarillo and visit it sometime:D you'll pass right through quaint litttle jedula where i lived) and I really didn't ever find any "craft" stores persay. in arcos there was one store that had a single spinning rack of beads in tubes and in cadiz (the city) i once found a store that had fabric, ribbon and some beads. but that was about it. i think most places sell really light weight yarn and thread. The Corte Ingles sells sewing stuff and fabric stuff, i know there's one in Cadiz that does anyways and I'm pretty sure thes one in Jerez does too although I never looked there. The one in Cadiz also had a fairly good painting section I remeber although it's been months since i've been in Spain let alone a Corte Ingles so things may have changed.

Hope you find things and I hope you're enjoying andalucia Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jungle girl
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011 03:30:05 AM »

You might try going to some of the big chinese stores that sell everything, there are 2 big ones near the big Carrefores shopping centre near Pamones. Take the first exit after 2nd Los Cortijillos exit coming from Jerez. Cross the motorway and go past Carrefores, they are on the service road that runs parallel to the main motorway just past the Mercedes dealership.
Also the best place to get fabric at really good prices is in the street markets. La Linea has one on Wed mornings and they have loads of fabrics at really good prices and much of it is 280cm wide. Mostly its curtain fabrics but you can sometimes find other types. There is another market in San Roque on Sunday mornings and you will find a large stall there selling all kinds of notions.
The last suggestion is Princess Silks in Gibraltar on Main Street accross from Marks and Spencer. They have lots of fabrics and notions. The fabrics are ok ...not many natural fibres and the prices are not great but they do have some beads and other crafting supplies.
Good luck  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Raised Ridge Chevron Part 2/5
How to Crochet a Raised Ridge Chevron Part 5/5
How to Crochet a Royal Sunrise Pattern Part 3/8
How to Crochet a Raised Ridge Chevron Part 1/5
How to Crochet a Raised Ridge Chevron Part 4/5
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2
How to Make Tshirt Rugs

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...