A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 302,613
Currently Running With Scissors:
786 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Firefly/Serenity Browncoat shirt [First stencil attempt ever!]  (Read 3524 times)
Tags for this thread: firefly , serenity , whedon , tv  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

moonfall
« on: April 26, 2008 09:12:15 PM »

This is my first time attempting to use stenciling, and I used the freezer paper method with acrylic paint.

Its not totally finished yet. The back is currently drying, where it says "Browncoat".

For those of you that don't know the show/movie, the symbol on the front means "Serenity"

the image is not white, its more cream-tan-brown colored, but the flash is washing it out.

The shirt is just an old kohls shirt, and the paint is from like 8 years ago. but it worked really well!

action shot!

I'll post more pictures once the back is done! Thanks for looking, and I'm so proud of this project!

More shots located on my blog: http://knitting-blog.blogspot.com/2008/04/first-t-shirt-stenciling-attempt-ever.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ruby_soho

That's what she said.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008 09:17:06 PM »

ooh that is very cool.  i'd like to see the back, but the front looks clean and detailed Grin  good job!

(p.s. i spent the day watching firefly so i jumped as soon as i saw this Cheesy)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i care about you a homemade oven mitt's worth.
moonfall
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008 09:32:32 PM »

yay! another Browncoat! And thanks! I'm so excited it turned out so well. Now I'll have to make a series of Firefly shirts.

(yay! I need to have another FF marathon. But I'm glad someone said something, because I was just e-mailing a friend pictures, and they were like... "umm.. what show is that from" "I've never heard of it". we're Not alone! The alliance hasn't gotten to everyone! ^.^)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Veritas_rose
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008 09:37:48 PM »

That is shiny! It's great to see another browncoat. I'm stencilling a tin lunchbox/purse. One side will say "Some people Juggle Geese" and the other will say "I can kill you with my brain." 
*I want to make some underwear that say "I'll be in my bunk" as well  Wink*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Cowards die many times before their deaths;
The valiant never taste of death but once."
-William Shakespeare, "Julius Caesar, Act II, Sc. 2, line 32."
ruby_soho

That's what she said.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2008 09:39:18 PM »

lol!  love the "i'll be in my bunk" undies idea.

i made a blue sun logo shirt for my fiance for... umm.... some holiday (Wink) and i'm sure you'll agree with me here:  the bridges on the chinese characters are a PITA.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i care about you a homemade oven mitt's worth.
moonfall
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2008 09:47:14 PM »

That undies idea is great!!! I may have to steal that one sometime.

I kinda want to make a blue sun shirt too. I'm going to dragon*con this summer, and I'm in need of nerdy/geek shirts to wear when I don't want to be stuck in a costume. This is the first of many. ^.^

Ohh. a purse would be nice too! Lol. stencil some geese on it. that would be funny.

I'm so glad to find other browncoats! its very exciting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Veritas_rose
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2008 09:48:53 PM »

Lol, I also made a shirt with that iron-on transfer paper. It had a pic of Badger and said "Some call me the gangster of love." It kind of flaked a bit though. I think I'm gonna sharpie-stencil one so that it is more durable.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Cowards die many times before their deaths;
The valiant never taste of death but once."
-William Shakespeare, "Julius Caesar, Act II, Sc. 2, line 32."
moonfall
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2008 09:53:13 PM »

Yeah, thats why I wanted to try stencils. I had used transfer paper before, the most recent project being a "Weird Sisters" shirt for my friend's Tonks costume, but after a little while it had the same problem. I really want to learn screen printing, but right now, this is good. That sounds like a cute shirt though. Have any pictures?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Solipsist87

I'm a leaf on the wind...watch how I soar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2008 09:54:39 PM »

AWESOME! My best lent me the series and its been on almost non-stop while I craft (I like background noise). Ok, I'm watching The Birdcage and now I have to watch that. My friend's little sister is so much like River that its scary (except for that psychic part and the whole government thing), I want to make her a shirt that says either "Bible's broken. Contradictions, false logistics doesn't make sense." or "Just keep walkin', preacher-man" before she goes off to college.

I'm really glad that I'm not the only Fire Fly geek. <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don't complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality . Wake Up and Live!
-Bob Marley
moonfall
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2008 10:40:09 PM »

Ok, the back is done!

I have no idea why it bled around the edges, so it doesn't look exactly clean. I think it does give it character though, and its also a little tilted to the side. You know.. personality. ^.^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Bart Simpson - 3rd Drawing
How to Draw Homer Simpson - 1st Drawing
How to Draw Young Homer Simpson - 58th Drawing
How to Draw Moe Szyslak - 23rd Drawing
The Special 1000 Subscribers Video - 52nd Drawing
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...