A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,130
Currently Running With Scissors:
574 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Random Acts of Strangeness Postcard Swap. ( Closed. Mail by March 5th)  (Read 3527 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gaudiknight
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2005 12:50:45 PM »

Mine have been sent out.  Sorry for the delay.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

anniekate
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2005 07:58:53 PM »

OK, I got a card from RaeAmazon today, but either there was a post-office card-mauling tragedy or RaeAmazon took a really minimalist approach to strangeness, because all I ended up with is a plain gray postcard with the address and stamp and "Happy March!"

Yes, it IS strange, but I bet that's not the particular strangeness intended.

RaeAmazon, so sorry your card didn't arrive intact! What did it have on it before the post office had their dirty little way with it?

The decoration is probably floating around in the postal system somewhere. And what will the dead-letter-office people think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
darkhairedgirl

I want to break your heart, and give you mine.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2005 08:18:37 PM »

Wow!  This is turning out to be strange!  A postcard without a stamp and then a postcard with the attatched strangeness. 

I wonder what other strange surprises await!

-Ash.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Wish I knew what you were looking for.
Might have known what you would find."
RaeAmazon

The Amazon Woman of North America

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2005 06:14:10 AM »

OK, I got a card from RaeAmazon today, but either there was a post-office card-mauling tragedy or RaeAmazon took a really minimalist approach to strangeness, because all I ended up with is a plain gray postcard with the address and stamp and "Happy March!"

Yes, it IS strange, but I bet that's not the particular strangeness intended.

RaeAmazon, so sorry your card didn't arrive intact! What did it have on it before the post office had their dirty little way with it?

The decoration is probably floating around in the postal system somewhere. And what will the dead-letter-office people think?

THAT TOTALLY SUCKS and I am WAY sorry.  Maybe if some people post theirs in the gallery you can see what it was SUPPOSED to look like.  Wow, I am very sad.  I came on to post originally that I wanted to apologize for not putting RASPS on my cards; it slipped my mind.  But then I read that, and that just majorly stinks.  Those evil post office workers must have loved it very much and stolen it for themselves  Angry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am a writer but I still believe this:

Never settle with words what you can accomplish with a flamethrower.
yvettebaguette
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2005 11:04:38 PM »

the card i got from silloh-77 has nothing on it but the words be careful and half a flower hanging off.  the post office is apparently having a field day!!  what was it supposed to look like?Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Innovators are inevitably controversial"
-eva la galliene
silloh_77

If anyone needs me: I'll be at the thrift store...

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2005 05:44:42 AM »

Arrrgh!
"the card i got from silloh-77 has nothing on it but the words be careful and half a flower hanging off.  the post office is apparently having a field day!!  what was it supposed to look like?"
I noticed some of the cards I was getting were laminated in tape. I've have to do that myself next time- I didn't take any pics before I sent; hopefully someone will post them. For those who didn't get them yet, I don't want to ruin the surprise.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Chocolate Stout Cake Recipe
Green Eggs and Ham Omelet
Chicken Cassoulet with Fennel and Bacon Recipe
Bacon and Cheddar Macaroni and Cheese
Apricot and Cheddar Chicken Melt Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...