A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,901
Currently Running With Scissors:
551 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: sleepy time(princess) mask now with tutorial!!!  (Read 40285 times)
Tags for this thread: sleeping_mask , tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SarahFroggy
« on: May 22, 2004 09:01:33 PM »

Tutorial: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=24227.msg51624#msg51624

i just made myself a new sleep mask cause mine was looking a little gross and tired...oh and before you think i'm crazy, i live downtown where it is never really dark and i also just have horizontal blinds that do not block out any light..soo hence i need a sleep mask if i want to sleep in at all..hehe..as i said in the subject..i'm not a princess..

i figured it way way cheaper to make than buying a new one.  i already had the stuff and just put black corduroy inside and flanelette on the face side.

i can do a tutorial if anyone is interested. this is just my first attempt and with most things practice makes closer to perfect.

taadaa!

« Last Edit: November 05, 2009 02:56:52 PM by jungrrl - Reason: added link to tutorial » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Elroythespaceboy
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2004 10:18:52 PM »

That mask looks adorable! I like the elastic band, did you ruch it? Again, that is a great mask! Good job! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

your pal,
Pee Wee

(actually, Julie)
coolbeans

This hot chocolate is so frothy.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2004 10:54:22 PM »

That is so cute!! I love your fabric design. I wish I could find material that cute. I should make one for my 1 year old, maybe she'll sleep longer jks.  Awesome job.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
begin again

my original tape measure purse, still going strong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2004 01:51:29 AM »

Surely with a name like SarahFroggy, there's a princess in there somewhere?? Grin

I was just planning on making my own mask due to crack in blinds sending a bolt of sunlight through at much too early in the morning. You've inspired me to get on with it- do you find your mask dark enough to keep the light out? I suppose having two layers does the trick.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
soggy
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2004 05:20:29 AM »

I'd love to see a tutorial.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SarahFroggy
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2004 06:49:13 AM »

Elroythespaceboy
as lame as this is gonna sound the elastic band cover was inspired by jennifer garner's sleep mask in 13/30. my old one that i bought just had a plain black elastic.  this one i just made a tube of fabric longer than the piece of elastic and then gathered it to sew it. i'll explain better when i do the tutorial tomorrow.

coolbeans
believe it or not the fabric is from joann's..hehe well the turquoise stuff. i live in canada but we do the odd roadtrip for cheap fun fabric.

begin_again
my other email is princessblue..hehe so yeah i do like to be a princess but shhh its a secret..haha.. i will warn you though it does make you into a sleep-in person. i sleep-in wayyy later than i used to. its quite dark because of the black corduroy inside. i just put all th fabric together in a sandwich and my face up to the lightbulb in my lamp to test it out..

soggy
 i was gonna make another anyways so i'll document my progress. i'll try and do it tomorrow cause i work today and going to see shrek tonight!!! Tongue

glad you all liked it. for a while i thought i might seem weird..haha
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kimmeh
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2004 07:44:56 AM »

That is so cool! I've always liked them, but never owned one. Making them looks like fun too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
coloursknits

Can you see me?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2004 08:29:51 AM »

Nice! I wanna make one for my hubby. Can post the tutorial? Pls......... Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SarahFroggy
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2004 08:31:31 AM »

hehe i don't think my man would wear one.course he could sleep through a tornado so doesn't really need one Tongue

« Last Edit: May 25, 2004 05:10:28 PM by SarahFroggy » THIS ROCKS   Logged
coolbeans

This hot chocolate is so frothy.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2004 06:34:58 PM »

I live in Canada, too.  But the city I live in is small and I can never find fabric cheap and cute.  Mostly just cheap and ugly.  Anywho, I can't wait for your tutorial.  This would make great presents for my sisters.  You are so cool!!  Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sushi and Seasonal Veggies
Sushi and Role of Rice
Choosing Fish for Sushi
Choosing the Right Sushi Restaurant
The Heart and Soul of Korea in a Jar: Arirang Kimchi
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...