A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,219
Currently Running With Scissors:
617 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: sleepy time(princess) mask now with tutorial!!!  (Read 38944 times)
Tags for this thread: sleepmask , sleeping_mask , tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SarahFroggy
« on: May 22, 2004 09:01:33 PM »

Tutorial: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=24227.msg51624#msg51624

i just made myself a new sleep mask cause mine was looking a little gross and tired...oh and before you think i'm crazy, i live downtown where it is never really dark and i also just have horizontal blinds that do not block out any light..soo hence i need a sleep mask if i want to sleep in at all..hehe..as i said in the subject..i'm not a princess..

i figured it way way cheaper to make than buying a new one.  i already had the stuff and just put black corduroy inside and flanelette on the face side.

i can do a tutorial if anyone is interested. this is just my first attempt and with most things practice makes closer to perfect.

taadaa!

« Last Edit: November 05, 2009 02:56:52 PM by jungrrl - Reason: added link to tutorial » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Elroythespaceboy
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2004 10:18:52 PM »

That mask looks adorable! I like the elastic band, did you ruch it? Again, that is a great mask! Good job! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

your pal,
Pee Wee

(actually, Julie)
coolbeans

This hot chocolate is so frothy.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2004 10:54:22 PM »

That is so cute!! I love your fabric design. I wish I could find material that cute. I should make one for my 1 year old, maybe she'll sleep longer jks.  Awesome job.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
begin again

my original tape measure purse, still going strong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2004 01:51:29 AM »

Surely with a name like SarahFroggy, there's a princess in there somewhere?? Grin

I was just planning on making my own mask due to crack in blinds sending a bolt of sunlight through at much too early in the morning. You've inspired me to get on with it- do you find your mask dark enough to keep the light out? I suppose having two layers does the trick.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
soggy
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2004 05:20:29 AM »

I'd love to see a tutorial.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SarahFroggy
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2004 06:49:13 AM »

Elroythespaceboy
as lame as this is gonna sound the elastic band cover was inspired by jennifer garner's sleep mask in 13/30. my old one that i bought just had a plain black elastic.  this one i just made a tube of fabric longer than the piece of elastic and then gathered it to sew it. i'll explain better when i do the tutorial tomorrow.

coolbeans
believe it or not the fabric is from joann's..hehe well the turquoise stuff. i live in canada but we do the odd roadtrip for cheap fun fabric.

begin_again
my other email is princessblue..hehe so yeah i do like to be a princess but shhh its a secret..haha.. i will warn you though it does make you into a sleep-in person. i sleep-in wayyy later than i used to. its quite dark because of the black corduroy inside. i just put all th fabric together in a sandwich and my face up to the lightbulb in my lamp to test it out..

soggy
 i was gonna make another anyways so i'll document my progress. i'll try and do it tomorrow cause i work today and going to see shrek tonight!!! Tongue

glad you all liked it. for a while i thought i might seem weird..haha
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kimmeh
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2004 07:44:56 AM »

That is so cool! I've always liked them, but never owned one. Making them looks like fun too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
coloursknits

Can you see me?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2004 08:29:51 AM »

Nice! I wanna make one for my hubby. Can post the tutorial? Pls......... Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SarahFroggy
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2004 08:31:31 AM »

hehe i don't think my man would wear one.course he could sleep through a tornado so doesn't really need one Tongue

« Last Edit: May 25, 2004 05:10:28 PM by SarahFroggy » THIS ROCKS   Logged
coolbeans

This hot chocolate is so frothy.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2004 06:34:58 PM »

I live in Canada, too.  But the city I live in is small and I can never find fabric cheap and cute.  Mostly just cheap and ugly.  Anywho, I can't wait for your tutorial.  This would make great presents for my sisters.  You are so cool!!  Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
David McCullough Wishes He Had This Talent
Frank Lipman Talks About Spent
Meet Author Sandra Brown
Davy Rothbart Reveals Who He Admires Most
Meet Author Amy Wechsler
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Molded Hot Glue
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...