A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,440
Currently Running With Scissors:
416 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: sleepy time(princess) mask now with tutorial!!!  (Read 39064 times)
Tags for this thread: sleeping_mask , tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lara
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2004 12:06:07 AM »

oh the fabric is adorable, i love it, i think if i wear something like that i would feel like a princess Smiley
please post a tutorial...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xCrossBones666x
love thy skull

CrossBones rock my soxs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2004 04:30:50 PM »

ive always wanted one of those habe to try it some time
THIS ROCKS   Logged

do you have an imaginary friend? if so have you hugged them today?
craftybelle
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2004 05:28:45 PM »

That is so cool! Most sleep mask have ugly elastic bands..yours is so cute Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Celebrate we will-
for life is short but sweet for certain.
DMB
shinyandbrandnew
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2004 06:45:53 PM »

oh would you please post a tutorial ive been looking for decent directions on how to make one of these forever!!!

Donna
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SarahFroggy
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2004 09:57:19 PM »

alright. here it is... hopefully this is good. i took millions of pictures. will only use a few and if you need the pic to accompany the words. just let me know and i'll add it. Smiley my boyfriend now thinks i'm nuts cause he was playing video games in the same room. i talked myself through it like i was on a crafty show all the while taking pictures..hehe Tongue he kept asking me if i was talking to him..oops.

1. pick fabric and place with piece that touches your face (pink flannel) the good side up, pretty fabric (pink print) good side facing the flannel (basically right sides facing eachother) and your darkening stuff. i used corduroy cause i had it. check it against a lamp and see if your fabric works for darkening.

2. get the template i made from http://ca.msnusers.com/CraftyCrafty/documents.msnw i put it in pdf format so just print it out and cut it out. (edit: apparently you need to join my msn group to print it out..oops anyways you can quit after you do. didn't know of any other way to have a pdf for you to print out)

3. place on top of all three fabrics and cut them all out at the same time. makes it faster. your pieces should look like this. keep them in that order

4.cut a piece of elastic measuring about 17 inches (adjust to the size of your head).  and cut out a piece of fabric that will be the covering for the elastic 2 inches wide by 21 inches long. if you don't want a covered elastic ignore the fabric part on this step.

5. fold the fabric for the elastic cover in half lengthwise and sew it 1/4 inch from the edge.

turn right side out and then iron it so that the seam is in the middle of one side. feed the elastic into the tube of fabric. make sure you pin the elastic at each end so that it doesn't get lost inside.

6. take your mask sandwich and gently pin the tube with elastic in place.

7. pin around so that the pieces will stay together.

8. go to the sewing machine and sew around the mask about 4/8ths (the line between 3/8 and 5/8) this doesn't have to be so precise just even. make sure to leave a space open at the top so that you can turn the whole thing right side out later on.

check that you sewed it even and if not just rip some out or sew a bit closer to make the curves even.

9. trim so that you have about 1/4 inch left all around. and clip the curves so that they turn better.

10. turn right side out and shape. iron your mask so that its all pretty and flat. turn the edges in on the top press them so they stay in and hand sew closed with a hidden stitch. ( i cheated and haven't sewn mine yet. hence no pictures of me actually handsewing.)

11. sit back and enjoy your pretty sleep mask.

12. go have a nap with all the lights on to try it out. Tongue

any problems let me know. oh and if you make this you must post pictures!!! Smiley can't wait to see them. coloursknits i want to see the one you make for your hubby
« Last Edit: May 27, 2004 07:59:08 AM by SarahFroggy » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kimmeh
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2004 11:38:18 PM »

WOO! Awesome tutorial!!! I will post pics for sure when I make one/some lol

Thanks Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SarahFroggy
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2004 07:55:30 AM »

k so we have realized that you need to join my silly msn group to print out the pdf file for the sleep mask pattern.. oops. anyways you can quit it after you print.

http://ca.msnusers.com/CraftyCrafty/documents.msnw
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pucchimaiko

gimme vegemite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2004 07:48:24 PM »

Argh!  Wonderful choice of fabrics, yet again!  Can you do no wrong?

I think I might just have to make one of these myself...just so I can feel like I am spoiling myself ;P

Thank you for the tutorial :]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PUCHI MAIKO STORE NOW OPEN!! - Unique Kimono Fabric Kanzashi, Fashion Accessories, Chirimen Zaiku and Craft Supplies inspired by the Traditional Arts and Culture of the Japanese Geisha, Maiko and Kimono.
tenesmus

Crafting saves the day!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2004 01:03:34 PM »

Hey thanks for the awesomely cute idea! I made my own template, and used flannel fabric on the side that touches the face for softness. And I wrote "dreaming of you" with a silver fabric pen. But you can't really see it in the pic. I am giving it to my cuz for graduation.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SarahFroggy
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2004 01:49:53 PM »

great job!. i'm glad my sleep mask tutoiral inspired you. i hope others will make some too. can't wait to see some. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2
How to Make Tshirt Rugs

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...