A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,724
Currently Running With Scissors:
498 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CONTENT REMOVED: Best Batch of Pretzel Dogs Ever!!  (Read 1827 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bella_domanie
« on: April 23, 2008 10:46:53 PM »

This user chose to remove her content from Craftster.  The thread is being left in case there is helpful information in the remaining posts. - jungrrl
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011 03:57:44 PM by jungrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged
LoveToday
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008 11:38:54 PM »

yummy! looks delicious. this is the exact kinda thing i like to make for my husband's friends when they come over and act crazy on friday nights. thx for the recipe! i'll be doing these very soon Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
vintageburlesque

If I stop sewing I will cease to live.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008 11:43:51 PM »

I must have an incredibly filthy mind but these look very rude  Grin - especially the second one in the first photo.  Sorry about that  Cheesy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When I make a mess something good always comes from it.
LoveToday
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008 12:00:58 AM »

I must have an incredibly filthy mind but these look very rude  Grin - especially the second one in the first photo.  Sorry about that  Cheesy.

ROFL! i didn't wanna say it...being a newbie and all Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KarenLouiseM
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Put me in coach, I'm ready to play

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008 12:06:12 AM »

Well, I was going to say that they look really yummy - until I read the other posts - and now I'm worried about what Freud would think of me  Roll Eyes

They did make me think "hand over the mustard right now - I need to eat one of those!"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not that I don't want to swap, it's that I often don't have time.  But feel free to ask (especially if it's one that's not too time consuming).
Muria
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008 05:05:44 AM »

Neat idea. You can actually attach the pretzel salt without the egg wash. I usually sprinkle the salt on right after they come out of the baking soda bath.  My pretzel recipe is just a little bit different: it has 1/3 cup brown sugar instead of white sugar and a little less water (1 3/8 cup warm water). The recipe I have doesn't have rising times either, though they turn out more fluffy when I let them rise. Do the pretzels rise after the baking soda bath?  Mine pretty much stay the same after that (I figure it's because the yeast gets cooked in the process).   

My daughter went to a class where they made pretzels, and the teacher insisted that the only way to brown pretzels was an egg wash or the infamous lye/onion skin dip.  Roll Eyes  She actually believed the food industry could get away with using lye in a food product for mass consumption.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
ALL the boards craftalong: 11/40
Beginning wister
Will personal swap for coins from 1944
Imagine
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008 07:10:47 AM »

mmmm!! That looks delicious! I'm gonna have to try that! Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aliceownsj00
werd homie.

Life's grand, aint it?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008 09:37:02 AM »

omg... those look so good  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bella_domanie
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2008 11:09:30 AM »

Thank you!  Everyone should definately try these.  Very good and very easy.  No, they don't rise after they get boiled.  Just after you roll them.  And the sugar isn't there for flavor, it's just there for the yeast to feed on while it's rising. 

One more thing..... who the hell would use lye on something people eat???  Woooow..  That's horrible.  Seriously.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Imagine
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2008 12:58:21 PM »

I didn't know what "Lye" meant, so I wikipedia-ed it and it says it's commonly used in all sorts of food: "Lye is used to cure many types of food, such as: lutefisk, green table olives, hominy, lye rolls, century eggs, pretzels, and many types of Chinese noodles." (source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lye).

I searched in my French-English dictionnary but it's not there (well it was but it said it was something for cleaning)... Is it kind of like Monosodium glutamate? I know MSG is in almost everything pre-made...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Craft Hot Air Balloon
How to Make Scented Play Dough
How to Make Bubble Art
How to Make Sidewalk Chalk
How to Make a Pop Up Card for Children
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...