A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,215
Currently Running With Scissors:
686 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Rogue along for FEB and beyond  (Read 12490 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ultraviolet
« Reply #80 on: October 28, 2005 12:03:08 PM »

I have read so many posts about this sweater and I KNOW that many people have asked that question. Of course I can't remember the answer, but I know it's out there. If you don't find it in a craftster thread, there is a yahoo group called rogue_along which may be one place that I saw this issue addressed.

I just cast on 2 nights ago, so I'm still on the hem. I mean, the !@$*!# hem.

Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://blog.threegoodrats.com

"Beware the lustful fires that burn in a librarian's heart. They can rage beyond all control."
RunsWithTrowels

a little bit of trouble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: October 28, 2005 12:35:37 PM »

i joined the yahoo group, but only crickets are heard around there.
hopefully i will find the answer soon.
thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dirt & Yarn Don't Mix<---shameless blog plug
kadreath

best sweater.....ever

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 28, 2005 01:23:51 PM »

you want to repeat the whole section of chart (33-38) 4 times.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ijsblokje
is superbacana

gypsy punk

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 30, 2005 09:32:25 PM »

I finally finished the body!  Well, ok, I still have to sew the shoulders together and make the hood, but you know.
Actually, I misread the directions for decreasing the shoulder/neck area, thinking there was a discrepancy in the instructions, but figured out the problem was mine.  I thought you were supposed to decrease every other row, but you're not.   I don't know if you can understand what I'm talking about.
Anyways, I ended up with 14 sts instead of 16, so I might have to undo some stuff and get it back up to 16 sts so that I can sew the front and back together correctly. Or could this just be remedied through blocking??
:\  I wish I had figured it out before I bound off.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ultraviolet
« Reply #84 on: October 31, 2005 12:37:10 PM »

you want to repeat the whole section of chart (33-38) 4 times.

And also - the next step takes place at row 53, but that will come in the midst of one of those repeats. You will be doing the 33-38, but the 53rd row will be something like row 35 of the repeat, so just be aware of that. I think what you are doing at that point is attaching the pocket (I don't have the instructions in front of me). So you will do it at row 53 or 54 as instructed, but then continue on through row 38 of the repeat.

I actually got a whole lot done over the weekend, though it's a distressingly small part of the sweater. But I did the pocket and I'm working on the sweater part behind it, and most of the bottom side cable pattern is there. Hoorah! I'm hoping that once I attach the pocket it will go more quickly (at least until I get to the neck/shoulder area). I really want to wear it! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Beware the lustful fires that burn in a librarian's heart. They can rage beyond all control."
rincaro
« Reply #85 on: November 01, 2005 06:08:39 PM »

Mine is going well. I crossed the cables backwards on the neck area - but I think only a "rogue knitter" would notice, and I've already frogged that part umpteen times, so it's staying. I'm making the cardigan version in Walnut Heather Cascade 220. I've seamed the shoulders and I'm working on the hood. I also seem to have a lot of ends to weave in, so I've been doing that as I go along.

I did a three needle bind off on the shoulders. I had originally tried to seam the bound off edges, but it looked wretched, so I pulled out the bind-off and did the 3-needle instead.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ultraviolet
« Reply #86 on: November 03, 2005 06:58:08 AM »

I attached the top of the pocket last night. I was hoping to get progress shots this week, but am too busy knitting! Smiley I'm so obsessively working on this! I totally love it so far. I'm very happy that so much finishing can be done as you go along (the hem, the pocket) so the part that is done actually LOOKS done. I love the cables, I love the yarn, I can't wait to wear this sweater!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RunsWithTrowels

a little bit of trouble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: November 13, 2005 10:50:58 AM »

i made it through chart A.  thanks for everyone's help.  i definitely had the pocket down, but was unclear as to how many cable repeats i needed to do.  i did 4 in the end, but am questioning the length & am thinking that i should have done 5.
now, have begun the shaping for the upper back & armholes.
i have a clarification needed & a question about this though.
when i begin working on the back, i will KNIT (i am working on the cardi) the first three stitches (remaining from the cable panel) to bring me to the beginning of the back, left side.
and, for the question:  when i begin my bind offs, do i work them, including
the remaining cable panel stitches, or do i ignore those 6 stitches &
leave them untouched on the needles?
thanks!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2005 11:01:04 AM by RunsWithTrowels » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dirt & Yarn Don't Mix<---shameless blog plug
ultraviolet
« Reply #88 on: December 18, 2005 09:20:36 AM »

Finished my rogue yesterday! I'll post pics on the complete projects board soon Smiley

RunsWithTrowels - I didn't see your question before and you probably beyond this part already, but those 6 stitches do get bound off.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ijsblokje
is superbacana

gypsy punk

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 28, 2006 07:32:17 PM »

oy...
Last night I picked this thing back up, dusted it off (well, not really), frogged part of the right front shoulder and fixed my decrease problem.  Then I seamed the shoulders and began the hood.  I could really finish this thing soon if I work on it a lot.  I'd really not like to put it down again.  haha... it's funny to think that I started Rogue in June or July.   Roll Eyes

However, I'm not sure if I want to cry or throw rocks or just shrug it off..
That center stitch you're supposed to put on a holder?  Well, I still have it on a holder even though I'm now working the hood.  This stitch was probably supposed to have been worked with the right front neck, right?  ugh.
There is NO WAY I am frogging back to there.  I'd sooner burn the sweater.
So what should I do to keep it from unraveling in the future?  Sew it down or something?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to make a Shrimp and Scallop Country Casserole
How to make Hickory Smoked Chicken
How to make Crab Cakes
How to make Chocolate Turtle Pie
How to make Cornbread
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Molded Hot Glue
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...