A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,705
Currently Running With Scissors:
718 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Help needed for a Chlo dress  (Read 3685 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LoveCookie
« on: April 23, 2008 02:24:43 PM »

Hi.

Now, I know it's quite simple but I'm not quite sure how to start. The dress is from the collection "See by Chlo", and I though it was cute.

I thought I'd buy a closefitting t-shirt, but I'm not quite sure how to cut the skirt. Is it two pieces sown together, or maybe a full or 3/4 circle with slits to the pockets?

Any help is greatly appreciated  Cheesy
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011 02:59:58 PM by photojenn - Reason: fixed image » THIS ROCKS   Logged
elijor
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008 05:33:15 PM »

It doesn't look like it is any form of circle skirt. I'd guess a rectangle for the front and a rectangle for the back. Gathering on the front looks to be just between the pockets. Do you have a picture of the back?

Here's a picture of one way to do the pockets:

Cut 4 rectangles for the pockets. Place one rectangle right sides together and sew a diagonal line (white line in top pic). Cut away excess fabric. Turn pocket to the inside and press. Lay the skirt right sides down and pint the second retangle to the attached pocket - taking care to only pin to the pocket not all the way through the front fabric). Sew the side and bottom (Green dotted line in bottom pic.) Baste the top and bottom to the edge of the skirt. Repeat for the other side. Sew back to the front. Gather and sew to T-shirt. Sew colored band to the bottom.

I think it should be pretty easy. Make sure you post a pic when you get done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SundaySewer
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008 08:42:30 PM »

it is dfinitely not a circle - a rectangle or a trapeze, with inseampockets. Be sure to choose very drapey fabric for the skirt and good quality tee because the skirt will pull the tee a lot
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sophie345
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008 07:51:27 PM »

I recently bought a dress from forever 21 that looks like that. So if you have given up on making it, you can buy it online!  Tongue

http://www.forever21.com/images/large/51331948-02.jpg
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008 07:20:45 AM by jungrrl - Reason: Please do not hotlink images - thanks! » THIS ROCKS   Logged
runthestreetz
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009 03:11:03 PM »

It just looks like a gathered skirt to me with a slight flare and the inset pockets like someone mentioned above just before the side seams of the skirt
Very simple actually, get a basic A-line skirt pattern, double the measurement of the waist front n back this is so u can gather it, add the inset pockets, gather skirt sew side seams hem watever n wallaaa!

Hope i helped x x x
THIS ROCKS   Logged

] LIFE [  is like a ((DICK))
When it getS [[HarD]]
................... ................... .FUCK iT !!!
anthieyaya
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009 02:08:10 AM »

I would agree, choose a good quality tee, and stretchy material for the bottom, the skirt seems to be a gathered tulip shape, and the pockets would be rectangles on the inside.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use Adobe Photoshop Elements
How to Blur Faces in Videos
How to Design a Magazine Front Cover in Photoshop
How to Make a Realistic Planet in Photoshop
How to Make a Bold Simple Website Template Page in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...