A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 298,687
Currently Running With Scissors:
694 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: May 2008 Birthday Swap *Closed*  (Read 3582 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

heini
« on: April 23, 2008 03:46:29 AM »

PLEASE READ ALL RULES BEFORE YOU SEND YOUR INFO

ALL BIRTHDAY BABES WHO POST A BIRTHDAY WISH LIST MUST FULFILL A BIRTHDAY WISH OF AT LEAST ONE FELLOW BIRTHDAY BABE.  In other words, if you post a list and receive a gift, you must send at least one gift.  Non-birthday craftsters may still send "unconditionally".  Unconditionally in this swap means if someone fulfills one of your birthday wishes, you will send them a thank you note via snail mail.  PM's or thank you posts do not count as thank you notes.  Negative feedback will be given for those who post lists and receive, but never send. Please read below for the exact details.  They are in BOLD.

DO NOT POST YOUR LIST UNTIL I SEND YOU A PM SAYING TO DO SO

Swap name: May 2008 Birthday Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: heini

FOR POSTING BIRTHDAY LISTS Sign-up date range: 04/23/08-05/31/08
FOR CHOOSING A BIRTHDAY WISH TO FULFILL Sign-up date range: 04/23/08-05/31/08
DATE TO SEND ITEMS BY:  2 weeks after you claim someone unless other arrangements are made ahead of time

Limited to a certain number of people?: No.
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No.
All ages allowed.

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES

Details of swap:  This swap was organized so everyone can get something crafty for their birthday!  Please read the guidelines carefully.

* If your birthday is in May, then you can post your birthday wish list for this month. To do that, you must first PM me with the Swap questionnaire filled out.
    * Once you have been approved, you may post your list of things that you would want to receive.  You can have as many items on your list as you want to, but the minimum is 5. The more you have, the better are the chances to get claimed.  Please try to have a good mix of items on your list.  The last wish you will post is "a surprise."  Then you will post a bio about yourself, including where you are from and what day your birthday is.
    * Please post lists only.  No discussion on this thread please.
    * Everyone will then go through the lists and choose a craftster they want to send a birthday gift to.  Your birthday does not have to be in May for you to craft for someone!  If you want to choose someone, just PM me with your info (including your address, please), who you want to craft for, what item, and I will send you their address.
    * When you choose to fulfill a birthday wish, PM BOTH ME (heini) AND THE PERSON YOU CHOOSE. After that you have 2 weeks to get the item out the door unless you communicate in advance that something will take a bit longer.  If two weeks pass, and I don't hear anything from youyou guessed it, negative feedback!
    * Each person can be chosen unlimited times! Every thime when you get a PM that you've been chosen, you must choose a fellow May babe and send her a present. Failure to do  this will result in NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.
    * It is super important for everyone to keep good communication.  It is required that when you send, let me know, and of course, don't forget the DC#.  It is required that when you receive, let me know and publicly announce in the gallery (even if you don't have pictures).
    * Thank you cards aren't recuired this year, but it is very nice and polite to send a thank you card after you receive a present. Especially if the sender is a non-birthday swapper.
    * You can choose to craft for as many people as you like, but you cannot "owe" more than 3 things.  If you are a newbie and this is your first swap, you must successfully send once before choosing again.
    * REMEMBER THAT YOU WON'T NECESSARILY GET AS MUCH PRESENTS AS YOU SEND. IT'S ALSO POSSIBLE THAT NOBODY CLAIMS YOU. In that case, you WON'T get an angel. The angels replace only flakers and lost packages.
    * Please state at the beginning of your list where you are located.  Some people absolutely cannot send to people overseas for any number of reasons.  We need to respect this valid concern.
    *When one of your items is chosen, please cross it out so that it is easier for others to see what has been chosen.  It wouldn't hurt to thank the person at this time either.

If you have any more questions or suggestions, you can send me a PM with "May Birthday Swap " in the subject line.

If you want to SIGN UP TO POST YOUR BIRTHDAY LIST:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap- May 2008 Birthday Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Address (formatted for mailing):
When is your birthday?
Have you read and understand all of the rules to this swap?
Are you willing to send at least a medium item per claim?
( If not then you will not be approved )
A medium item is the following-
A craft or recon etc that takes you two hours to complete.
Or
20$ worth of Store Bought Items ( If bought from a thrift store, estimate at what it would have cost new )
Or
Couple of smaller items
Who and what do you want to send to? (if you know already)

If you want to SEND TO A BIRTHDAY CRAFTSTER:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap- May 2007 Birthday Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Mailing address:
Who and what do you want to send to?

If you are already a May birthday babe, you do not need to send me this info again.  Just send me who you want to craft for and what you will be crafting.

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZER VIA PM AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

Gallery

Last year's swap
Last year's gallery

« Last Edit: June 01, 2008 08:22:22 AM by heini » THIS ROCKS   Logged

heini
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008 03:49:04 AM »

The numbers in paranthesis after the birthday are the number of times that babe has been chosen - number of claims.
green=picked once
blue=picked more than once
red=can't be picked again before partner has received
strikethrough=feedback left

Birthday Babes:
darkladymajesta - May 9th (3 - 2)
heini - May 4th (2 - 2)
Kiwi-Chickie - May 10th (2 - 2)
phoenixfiredesigns - May 16th (3 - 2)
steen - May 8th (2 -2)
UrsulaDiamond - May 28th (1 - 1)

Non-birthday swappers:
missdolly
stargazersewer
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008 12:41:03 AM by heini » THIS ROCKS   Logged

heini
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008 03:49:49 AM »

Blue - sent
Green - received
Red - late
Orange - late with communication

Send by May 16th
darkladymajesta --> heini (hand made Birthday card)
heini --> Kiwi-Chickie (surprise with skulls)

Send by May 19th

steen --> Kiwi-Chickie (painting)
Kiwi-Chickie --> steen (some supplies and random things)
Kiwi-Chickie --> darkladymajesta (wisty surprise)
darkladymajesta --> Phoenixfiredesigns (a wist item)
Phoenixfiredesigns --> dakladymajesta (a wisty item)

Send by May 20th

UrsulaDiamond --> heini (ephemera filled tin)

Send by May 22nd

Phoenixfiredesigns --> steen (an assortment of little items: some tea, something with stars on it etc.)

Send by May 26th
missdolly --> phoenixfiredesigns (tea wallet and a purse/wristlet)
steen --> phoenixfiredesigns  (Something in color combo of teal blue and chocolate brown.)

Send by June 2nd
heini --> darkladymajesta (bag or purse)

Send by June 5th
stargazersewer --> UrsulaDiamond (Jar of whimsies) Angel found
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008 11:30:40 AM by heini » THIS ROCKS   Logged

heini
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008 10:30:58 AM »

I turn 28 on May 4th and I live in Finland.

My wish list:
-Hand made birthday card Thanks darkladymajesta! I'm still leaving this up
-Buttons/pins/badges and/or patches with something crafty.
-Pillows or pillow cases (40cm/16inch or bigger). Preferably red, burgundy, purple or maybe navy blue.
-Magic yarn ball (I'm a crocheter)
-Nice crochet hooks: polymer clay handles, bamboo, fun colours etc.
-Something like these nice ephemera filled tins. Thanks UrsulaDiamond!
-Vegetarian/vegan cookbook or recipe cards with Indian/Chinese/Lebanese/Other interesting recipes
-Recipe card holder
-Something from/inspired by my wists. But I don't need more chokers.
-Fabric napkins
-Nice towel(s), like embroidered or silk screened.
-Toys, treats or other things for cats. My and my boyfriend's cats are sisters and their birthday is in May too.
-Plant stakes (carrot, beans, peas, cucumber...)
-Anything Monkey Island themed

-Buttons (sewing kind)
-Paper craft supplies: papers, ephemera, punches, brads, eyelets, ribbons etc.
-Stamping supplies:
     *Any kind of stamps. New, used, handmade, unmounted, rubber, clear... But   
         nothing too cute, please.
     *Ink pads
     *Embossing powder
     *Stamped images
-Stamp carving kit
-Craft books and/or magazines
-Jar of whimsies
-charms

-Surprise!

Happy Birthday everyone! My name is Heini and I live in southern Finland. My favourite colours are red, burgundy and black. I don't like yellow or pastels. Sewing, crocheting and paper crafting are my favourite hobbies. When I'm not crafting I like to cook and bake. I'm also into gardening, I'm going to rent a piece of land to grow my own veggies. Things I like: dark colours, swirls, paisley,  recycling, Twin Peaks, Monkey Island, Art Nouveau, stripes.

Sending previously owned things or using recycled materials is fine.

I don't have allergies, but I'm vegetarian, so no leather, gelatin or things like that for me please. Wool is ok.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008 10:47:38 AM by heini » THIS ROCKS   Logged

phoenixfiredesigns
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008 07:48:13 PM »

Migraine tonight, so I'll be sending in my pm tomorrow. Yeah for May babies!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

{ Like what I post? It's likely for sale! Etsy Storefront: http://phoenixfiredesigns.etsy.com }

{ My Blog: http://giveneyestosee.com/blog || LIKE PFD http://facebook.com/PhoenixFireDesigns }

{ Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/missmturner/ }
ckchan
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008 01:14:08 PM »

May baby here too!!  Dang...Too many good swaps starting at the same time.  I need to prioritize...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return. "

I'm a roller derby girl! 

Wists: http://www.wists.com/ckchan
My New Blog!!: http://bobango.blogspot.com
Kiwi-Chickie

I am a hippy at heart...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008 07:21:27 AM »

I thought I'd put my bio and my list on the same post.

I am Christina, bout to turn twenty (On May 10th). I'm married to an awesome  guy, and we have a crazy little girl together (her name is Nadia, she just turned two). She is my buddy...with a love for dora that matches my love for crafting.
I would call myself a  hippy...a clean one. lol, I love sugar skulls, and lime green, and little  mushrooms, and anything astrology  (I'm a Taurus). I love to make  jewelry and paint, I am  me  and this is my life.
Lime  green, and jewel and earth tones are my favorite (anything  but pink or yellow).

Wish list:
-Buddha or and Ohm sign on  anything
-Anything  with a lotus flower (or my logo)  on it
--------Heini------>Anything  with  the tree of life/or   mushroom/or skull on it
-A tote maybe?
-Beads (really funky, or wood, or carved anything)
-A  shirt  or Skirt (medium,  if it runs small  than a Large)
----steen---------->Painting  (my walls are soooo...white)
-Water bottle holder
-Anything for my car
-A  Wists inspired item
-A cover for my Video Ipod
-A yoga mat bag
-A yoga mat (lol)
-A surprise

(Oh though I would add, I'm  in the us of a)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008 04:13:27 PM by Kiwi-Chickie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

phoenixfiredesigns
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2008 06:59:41 PM »

Greetings to everyone and Happy Birthday to my fellow May Babies! I'm Miss M. and I'm turning 31 (eek!) on May 16th. While last year's Big 3-0 was tough, I don't know...this year is pretty tough too. I've just come to terms with being 30 and now I'm going to be 30-something. Frightening.

Anyway, a little about me.
I live in Florida (USA) with my guy and two cats. I love to read (mainly fantasy fiction but vamp fic is my guilty pleasure), I enjoy photography, I am super crafty, sing in the car and shower, and love Disney. (Luckily I live about an hour away from Walt Disney World which allows me to go regularly.) I believe growing up is overrated.  Wink

My favorite colors are jewel tones like amethyst purple, emerald green, ruby red, sapphire blue, turquoise, and amber. My favorite color combination is a deep teal blue and chocolate brown together. It makes me happy. My favorite animals are cats, owls, penguins and bats. And I love things with those critters.

I suffer from migraines so please NOTHING musk/amber/patchoulli/dragon's blood or floral scented. Unless it smells like you can eat it, it will give me a migraine. I LOVE fruit and dessert scents greatly though. Also, please no bar soaps (skin is sensitive to glycerin) and nothing with NutraSweet (aspartame) or Splenda (sucralose) as I'm allergic to both.

That said, feel free to pm me if you have any other questions or you can stalk my blog for more likes/dislikes. Thanks in advance!  Grin

Wish List

Handmade
- Something (your choice!) with a phoenix. It's my favorite mythological creature and hard to come by.

- Something from my Wist Thank you darkladymajesta!

- A handmade rubber stamp. (Extra bonus for one that uses my PhoenixFire Designs logo like my avatar or larger version on my site.)

- Something (your choice!) with pretty faeries. (Think Stephanie Law, Amy Brown, etc.)

- Fused glass, glass slide or resin pendant.

- Wire-wrapped jewelry. I keep trying to make it myself but I suck. I'd love to see what someone who's good at it can do!

- Something (your choice!) that's in my favorite color combo of teal blue and chocolate brown. Thank you steen!

- Something (your choice!) for my apartment. You know, home decor type accessory or item. (Bonus if it's in teal blue and chocolate brown because my living room is in those colors!)

- A Nintendo DS case like this. (I have the original DS though so it's a little fatter and you'd probably need to make the bag a little wider to fit it.)

- A tea wallet (like this though of course you can use different fabric) Thank you missdolly!

- An apron like this or this especially if it were in teal blue and chocolate brown colors.

- Something (your choice!) stained glass. I just love stained glass and wouldn't even know where to begin making it myself.

- Something (your choice!) ceramic like hand thrown pottery or vase or whatever. Again, a skill I don't have but love.

- Hand knit socks. (I've got small feet so like a 6.5 size foot or girl's sized large socks for reference.)

- A wristlet or small purse of some sort. I'm open to your inspiration. I'd just like to have something cool and handmade! Thank you, missdolly!

- Messenger bag big and sturdy enough for an older, larger laptop.

- A pair of knitted "knucks" like these.

- Something (your choice!) Disney themed. Be it park themed, or Mickey, or another movie character, etc. I love all things Disney and regularly go to Walt Disney World!

- Something (your choice!) that smells like fruit or food. (NO floral or musk/amber/patchoulli) Think candles, bath salts, perfume oils, etc.

- Something (your choice!) plush or soft stuffed that's an animal or critter (but not a doll please.)

- Surprise me!

Supplies
- Starter resin kit/supplies
- Pendants, charms and/or centerpiece items for use in jewelry making.
- Gemstone beads, chips or similar for beading.
- Basic, getting started supplies for sewing. (Seam ripper, good scissors, thread, etc.) I just bought a machine and I have nothing for it.
- Supplies/kit to make microscope slide pendants

Um... that's all I can think of right now. I'll edit it if I can come up with more/easier/better ideas later.  Cheesy Thanks in advance everyone and Happy Birthday to all the May babies!

Claims
Wist Surprise to darkladymajesta - sent 5/13!
Care package to steen - sent 5/21!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008 12:13:38 PM by phoenixfiredesigns » THIS ROCKS   Logged

{ Like what I post? It's likely for sale! Etsy Storefront: http://phoenixfiredesigns.etsy.com }

{ My Blog: http://giveneyestosee.com/blog || LIKE PFD http://facebook.com/PhoenixFireDesigns }

{ Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/missmturner/ }
darkladymajesta
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2008 02:17:08 PM »

Yay I am super excited about this swap  Grin I am in the United States  Smiley

About Me:
I am a fine arts major at Christopher Newport University in Virginia. I am super excited about this summer as it is the only time I get to make things not for school. I enjoy swapping here in craftster and I don't know what I would do without this website. I make any number of crafts and am willing to try new things. So far I enjoy paper crafts of all kinds, scrapbooking, photography, just barely beginning to get into clay, altered books and tins, art journals, painting with everything except oils (Just to expensive since I can only use the water soluble, the regular ones are just to darn smelly), sewing, and some crochet. I am sure there are many other things, but I just cant think of them right now.
My favorite colors are purples and blues usually the darker ones. But I do love brighter colors in small doses, just not orange or yellow unless they are used as accent colors.
I love sailor moon, chobits (another anime), firefly/serenity, Asian decorations.

My Wish List:

Almost anything from my wist http://www.wists.com/darkladymajesta

My house could use some decorations, I love anything from natural materials such as stone and wood but my craft room is an anything goes place. It seriously needs some help.

I love purses and bags.

I also like boxes and containers. Mostly anything that can help organize my crafting supplies.

A Jar of Whimsies!

DIY kits such as Resin, Microscope Slide Pendants (I have a wood burner, I think it has a sodering tip) , ATCs I used to make them but would love to get a jump start again.

I am just now starting to get into clay and would love some tools (well loved ones are alright as long as you provide directions if it came with any)

A surprise XD If you have any questions feel free to PM me

I would love it if anyone could make something for my boyfriend. His birthday is in May too and I love a lot of the things he does so if you just want to make it themed for both that is fine too. If you do claim him I will not expect anything for me. He loves Video games and is a complete nerd. His current video game obsession right now is Super Smash Brothers Brawl but he is a classic Nintendo fan too. He also plays PC games, but no MMORPGs. I do love video games so if you can't think of anything manly then decorations for our apartment would be good too. I have been playing Pikman, Animal crossing, Harvest Moon and others that I just cant think of right now. We are both Zelda fans too.

I can always use scrapbooking supplies and other paper crafting supplies.

Happy birthday everyone!

I have claimed two:
Heini - Handmade birthday card. (With surprise ephemera)
Phoenixfiredesigns - A wist item

I have been claimed by two:
Kiwi-Chickie - A wist surprise - Thank You!
Phoenixfiredesigns - A wist surprise. - Thank You!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008 12:58:53 PM by darkladymajesta » THIS ROCKS   Logged
steen
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2008 06:54:44 PM »

Hi everyone, My names Krissy and I will be turning 29 on May 8th. I live in Ontario, Canada Smiley

My Wish List:

Supplies:

- thanks kiwi-chickie for random stuff and some supplies! Smiley

- japanese/kimono fabrics or any other fun fabrics- scraps are most welcome as well
- any type of yarn any colour ( I can never have to much!)
- purse handles - any size/shape/colour
- zippers around 4" long
- hair pins with platforms
- fun stickers 

Sewn/knit/crochet-
- lunch bag 
- long knitted arm warmers preferable in black (past my elbows preferably)

random:

-thanks phoenixfire for an assortment of items! Smiley
- a learn a new craft kit!
- a magic yarn ball!
- something thats an alternate to those round cotton things (can't think of their names), the one you use to clean face with astrigent after washing - I'm trying to reduce the waste I produce.
- I've been trying lately to get back into eating right and working out - so anything that would help me keep track of exercise, # of glasses of water drank or anything to keep me motivated would be awesome!
- a metal card holder/moneyholder wallet thing something like this.
- anything with stars on it
- handmade notepads, ones that will fit in a purse (I always find myself coming up with ideas when I'm not at home and have nothing to write them down on)
- a dream journal and/or info on dreams and dream meanings Smiley
- magnets for my fridge
- Amigurumi patterns
- Any Japanese craft books or magazines
- any crochet magazines
- I love flavored lip balm/lip gloss
- flavoured teas
- bath bombs and/or other bath stuffs

- sweet vally high books - This may be a long shot but I've been trying to recollect these books but some are hard to find - message me for ones I still need (which is a lot lol)

- your favorite thing to make!
- A surprise!

Hey Birthday gals! My name is Krissy and I will be turning 29 on May 8th. Smiley I really don't feel like I am or should be almost 30! But I am. I love all things medievel, love reading, and of course doing anything crafty. My favorite colours are black, orange, silver and blue, but lately I have had this strange obssession with pink as accents! Which is strange and very much clashes with my red hair - but I still love it Smiley My favorite genre to read is fantasy, especially George RR Martin or Robert Jordan. I currently live with my boyfriend of almost 6 years. We also have two little bratty cats named Gimli and Mantisaur, whom we got from the same litter about three years ago. I love anything with stars on it, still love all those 80's cartoons and tv shows and all things medievel.
I also am a big fan of World of Warcraft and seem to have wayy to many alts Smiley

Hope everyone has a good birthday!

krissy

« Last Edit: May 11, 2008 09:33:18 PM by steen » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cut Square Layers
How to Cut Scissors Over Comb
How to Cut Round Layers
Hairdressing Essentials Shampoo
How to Cut Freehand
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...