A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,105
Currently Running With Scissors:
580 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My friends last Musical in High School  (Read 388 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PappyCat
« on: April 17, 2008 03:56:33 PM »

Hey All!

I have a friend who is graduating from High School soon and he's really into theatre. He's doing his last production at the high school in a few weeks. I know how emotional that can be and I wanted to make him a present.

The problem is, he's a boy, and boys are by nature a little harder to craft for. You can make an easy gift out of a charm bracelet with a charm to represent each play the person has been in for a girl, but boys are a little bit harder.

He's sentimental, not overly so. I want to get him something that will either be a great momento of the past, or some sort of "Here is for your theatre dreams of the future" sort of thing. You know?

A little about him:
He's definitely into theatre, although I don't think he's planning on getting a degree in it... I know he wants to keep participating in it. He's really outgoing, loves comedy. I don't really know what else to put...if you need specific info, let me know!

Shows he's done (to the best of my memory):
Music Man
Wizard of Oz
Anything Goes
Rumors by Neil Simon
Beauty and the Beast
Arabian Nights
Some murder mystery play which name I cannot remember

I can spend around $30, I'd prefer to make something since that is usually more personal.

Any ideas would be fabulous. Thanks so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spapeggyandmeatballs

This is not good! Worlds are colliding!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008 10:39:56 AM »

First off, I think the charm bracelet idea was awesome, even if you don't think it would work for this  particular gift-ee. I was all about theatre in high school (I was thespian president!) and now I am in my extremely late 20's (okay, early 30's), and I have to really think about it to even remember all of the plays that I was in (cry), just because it was so long ago. You think you will remember everything when you are in high school, but its not true! I wish I had an awesome charm bracelet with charms representing each play I was in! So I think something along those same lines would be perfect. Maybe you could find something else to make with that same theme. Here are some things that I would have liked to have as a present:

1. a picture frame or collage with items representing each play (like a boat for Anything Goes, ruby slippers for Wizard of Oz, etc)

2. a pre-decorated scrapbook (one or two pages for each play - he probably has cast photos, tickets, and/or programs that he can put in there to keep them nice forever. Mine are in an old box somewhere!)

PRINTING TICKETS:
If you want to use tickets from the play but you don't have access to them or don't want to use the originals, there are websites where you can print fake tickets that say whatever you want, so you would just enter the name of the play, dates, etc. You could even add something like "starring (your friend's name) as....(whatever role he had)". That would be awesome! I don't remember what website I used when I did this, but if you type in "make your own printable tickets" or something like that on the internet, you could probably find several sites that let you do this for free and you just print it out on cardstock type paper. (I think its usually a program that they want you to buy, but will let you try free). I used one of these sites to print fake "dancing with the stars" tickets as a joke for my dad (not a fan) that we gave to him before we gave him his real tickets to some other show. It was hilarious.

-spapeggyandmeatballs
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008 10:40:39 AM by spapeggyandmeatballs » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Charles R. Smith Jr. Talks About My People
Brendan McNally Talks About Germania
Pete Cerqua Talks About 90-Second Fitness Solution
Jim Benton Talks About Franny K. Stein Series
Meet Author Gustavo Arellano
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...