A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,700
Currently Running With Scissors:
682 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Should I keep my prom dress? Help me out guys!  (Read 6554 times)
Tags for this thread: prom , prom_dress  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

camilaustral

Saludos desde Chile!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2008 04:43:58 PM »

you should keep it, I think it looks great, but I'm not sure about the top, cat you tie it a different way, so it's more of a v neck instead of crossing in the front.

i agree Wink
and show us the diferent tie options Wink
i really like it, i love grecian inspired dresses Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bsonlytoots

B's Only Toots

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2008 05:01:42 PM »

I like it! I do agree with the top though, try to tie it in a different way for sure! But KEEP IT!! It's classy & unique!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shootingstar
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2008 05:37:11 PM »

I agree with a lot of the previous, the front looks a little "off,"  but I LOOOOVE the back (it reminds me a little of my wedding dress. Roll Eyes)  I also really love the way the skirt drapes in the front, it looks really classy and sophisticated.  Hope this helps! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lord, show me your ways. Teach me how to follow you.  Guide me in your truth. Teach me. You are God my Savior.  I put my hope in you all day long.
-Psalm 25:4-5

PM me if you want to swap!  I need some stitch markers...

Finally got one...
http://www.wists.com/shootingstar320
themoonisout
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2008 05:41:30 PM »

I'm agreeing with what everyone else has said about the front/top...BUT
also my two cents on what to wear.
When I wore a less than conventional dress to prom my junior year, I ended up feeling kind of silly. My dress was vintage (30s/40s?) and rather conservative, also not quite the right fit. I ended up being jealous that everyone else looked and felt sexier/prettier and looked so much more fun. Last year I wore something more modern with a short skirt and a fun print and felt much better about it. So feeling good about what you're wearing for the occasion in particular is really important.
The dress is super classy and a very pretty color. Good luck on the right choice! and have fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

melyssa_marie
so tacky its classy

tattooeddahlia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2008 06:15:49 PM »

i'm a fan of the bottom (very chic), but i agree that the top needs some adjustments. maybe try a lower neckline, too? not tooooooo low, but give yourself a bit more room up there. happy prom-ing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tickleagangster
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2008 06:18:10 PM »

I would go with the beautiful dress that you've already made!  You will remember your own special dress for years to come rather than some fancy purchased dress to keep up with the Jones. Congratulate yourself on being creative and crafty and able to sew.  You'll get many more compliments on your own handiwork. That's my opinion.  You should wear your dress proudly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Say hello to my lil' friend!
Flip Flop
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2008 08:30:17 PM »

i still wish i had made my prom dress. i was always looking for a unique dress that no one else would have, bc i didnt want to be one of those girls who was in the same dress as someone else! the back of your dress is gorgeous, so you should definitely keep it. but if you are unhappy with any part of it, try altering it. i think youve proved pretty awesome sewing skills just by making this beauty. i agree that maybe changing up the neckline would help out to making it feel more comfortable. have fun! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ScrappySue
Tutorial Contributor

Oh, not you. We named the monkey Jack.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2008 09:22:29 PM »

I love it!
As a small suggestion, my daughter wore a kind of "stick on" bra under her dress.
It worked really well, as all the strapless ones we could find , you could see.
Just a thought.
And mostly, I just hope you have a fabulous time!
Party!
S
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've started a wist!
http://wists.com/scrappysue
working on the Teesha Moore craftalong
Destashing the craft room
Kaitlinnegan
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2008 09:39:51 PM »

I love it!
As a small suggestion, my daughter wore a kind of "stick on" bra under her dress.
It worked really well, as all the strapless ones we could find , you could see.
Just a thought.
And mostly, I just hope you have a fabulous time!
Party!
S
That is exactly what I was thinking!  I think the top will probably drape better with one of those stick on bras to give you a little shape and lift.  Another thing to consider is if you plan to dance in it, you might want some body tape to keep everything covered that should be covered.   Wink  I think it looks great!  As others have said, though, what's important is that you feel great wearing it, so if the dress just isn't working for you maybe you can set it aside for another occasion.  If you feel comfortable and confident, that will show through, and likewise if you don't, you won't look your best.  Good luck and don't stress too much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My sewing message board: Sew What's Up
rockindancer86

$2.99 a gallon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2008 09:45:42 PM »

I agree that you ought to play around with different ways to tie it if you can, if that'll make you more comfortable in it. But it's beautiful! It's so different from regular prom dresses, which is awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life-in-Japan, crafts, musings, etc blog here: "Gooooo Japan!" at http://www.rockindancer86.blogspot.com

Excuse me, Mister Pete, have the Cubans a different beat? If they have will you teach me to chick-chick-chicky-boom, chick-chicky-boom?
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Fold a 14 Piece Origami Star
How to Make a Square Origami Box
How to make an Origami Butterfly from Water Bomb Base
How to Make your Own CD Cover
How to Fold an Origami Lucky Star
Latest Blog Articles
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...