A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 298,751
Currently Running With Scissors:
688 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: i heart manatees swap gallery!  (Read 7903 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

titancia
Are you a good twin or a bad twin?

It's Thistle with a Bobo on her head!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2008 07:31:54 PM »

I received my items from Harvey yesterday! I had to work on Saturday (boohoo!) so this was an AWESOME pick me up after I got off work!! You have me pegged to a T!

The first item I pulled out was a darling manatee drawing. I'm guessing your daughter drew it? I have hung it on my bedroom wall. Kids--and a husband!! Tongue--are still a few years off in my future and this helped ease my aching ovaries. Wink (I don't get anything from children as often as I'd like to!) So tell your daughter thank you. I'll make sure to take a photo of it on my wall and post it on flickr in the next couple of days.

I also received an AWESOME Aussie origami book with some origami paper! I haven't gotten a new book in a long time and I'm very excited by it--and cute-ed out by all the little animals I can make! I'm going to bring this to work to entertain myself on my breaks.

I also received some really pretty, extremely lightweight notebook paper. This will be perfect for writing my friend in England--I can write more without worrying about the postage too much! (And it will be lightweight enough where I can use the awesome Frank Sinatra stamps I got at my post office earlier this week? Seriously--the postal clerk probably has never seen someone so excited about stamps before!)

I also received some awesome resin jewelry. I've got the makings to try resin but I've been too chicken to try, afraid it won't turn out. This has definitely lit a fire under me! I love the earrings and the necklace, and the magnets are awesome--I think I might put these on my file cabinet at work so I can look at them all the time.

And chocolate! And, you're right! I opened the chocolate carefully before I even read your letter so I could save the wrappers for something, maybe buttons or scrapbooking!! ^_^ And why the cord in the photo? Because she tied all the little packages with it and it was too neat to throw away! Tongue

BUT! I saved the BEST for last!

A manatee and a dugong stuffies!!! OH. MY. GOSH! If this was all you sent me I would have been in heaven!! I had one little manatee stuffed animal my dog snuck out of my room and used as a chew toy. These are way better than that one was! I keep picking them up and looking at them. These are something that's still going to be in my bedroom when I'm old and grey and my eighty year old husband will just look at me and shake his head. I can't tell you how awesome they are!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! Everything I received was spot on, and I love it all! You had swap anxiety for absolutely no reason at all, I assure you! I love it all.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

burstandbloom
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2008 08:01:22 PM »

those felt manatees... i want to die they are so cute. i need a pattern for those!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps!
Harvey
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Here's to inappropriate!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2008 12:40:03 AM »

I'm glad you liked everything. Grin Grin The picture was done by my daughter. She loves to draw and is considering weather to be a Chicken Farmer or Marine Biologist, she is 11. She also claimed the hat you made me to make her feel better because she sprained her wrist at school the day your package arrived. Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008 02:59:47 PM by Harvey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harvey

Here's to inappropriate!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2008 12:42:12 AM »

those felt manatees... i want to die they are so cute. i need a pattern for those!!

I am happy to share the pattern for either the Manatee or the Dugong. I modified this pattern http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=224170.0 that I found on Craftster.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

titancia
Are you a good twin or a bad twin?

It's Thistle with a Bobo on her head!

« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2008 07:46:18 AM »

I glad you liked everything. Grin Grin The picture was done by my daughter. She loves to draw and is considering weather to be a Chicken Farmer or Marine Biologist, she is 11. She also claimed the hat you made me to make her feel better because she sprained her wrist at school the day your package arrived. Cheesy

Ooh, encourage the Marine Biologist! Smiley They had a class at my high school I wanted to take since I'm right by the Monterey Bay and I still wish I had! I'm glad I helped make her feel better. I'm sure the sweets helped. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tsuki_Tsubasa
~*Meow*~

Resident book worm..... X3

« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2008 04:09:34 PM »

Oooo wow~!! Since I haven't been on much the gallery exploded with much manatee goodness. <3's~ X3 Everything is looking fabulous! ^o^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Yes, I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can find his way by moonlight, and see the dawn before the rest of the world."
Oscar Wilde
carrieme
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2008 09:02:24 AM »

I was really lucky with this swap!  sarahswingset was supposed to send to me, but lucky for me lady4feet hadn't mailed her packaged to her, so she was able to make some changes and send it to me. 

This is the whole lot: A cute little bag, softie, t-shirt and pendants

She even made a manatee t-shirt for one of my Blythes!  Getting a kiss from the manatee softie  Kiss

I LOVE the glass pendant!!  My 7 year old stole the other necklace and the softie!  Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy shop   http://www.carrieme.etsy.com
Wist:  http://www.wists.com/verycarrie
Visit my blog http://sewverycarrie.blogspot.com
pm me if you want to swap!
SunflowerSmiles

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2008 12:13:39 PM »

awwwwww  I love it!!!!  so cute!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This and That... my main blog. Drop by and say "Hello!"
  Sew Stuffed a blog about the dolls and stuffies I make
    Pinterest
lady4feet
« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2008 04:35:21 PM »

I'm really glad you like everything carrieme. I was worried about your Blyth shirt, it seemed so little, lol.

On a swap note everyone but the group who is sending late should have updated feedback, if not then please let me know.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tsuki_Tsubasa
~*Meow*~

Resident book worm..... X3

« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2008 09:54:53 PM »

Avi got her package a couple days ago. Maybe she can post pics soon. <3 Grin If not I have a few I took that I can post.~
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Yes, I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can find his way by moonlight, and see the dawn before the rest of the world."
Oscar Wilde
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Wedding Photography Tips
Give Me Three Minutes -- I Will Improve Your Videos
Learn about White Balance
Learn about the Range of Available Lenses - part 2
How to use the Shutter Priority Mode or Tv Mode
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...