A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,805
Currently Running With Scissors:
612 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wedding Necklace - ROUGH DRAFT...suggestions, please!  (Read 2325 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Orrkid
Crafty WICHITANS Unite!

I'm addicted to DDR. I need a 12-step program.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: April 21, 2008 04:48:16 PM »

Final draft posted here:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=283836.0

I'd like some critique, please!

This is a rough draft I've made for a necklace that's going to be in a wedding:

I say rough draft because I made it with the beads I had on hand, rather than going out and buying a bunch of Swarovski (ouch!), which is what it's to be made with. Thank goodness crystal will be lighter - the necklace swings about like crazy with the heavier cat's eye beads!

It will also be slightly longer, so it will drape a bit more, as opposed to being choker length. What you see will all be on beading wire, then attached to silver chain.

The pink and blue will be somewhat similar to what's there. The bottom bead on the shortest outside danglies (well, what would you call them?) is lavender in the picture, but will be pink (I didn't have quite enough to finish with all pink). Where you see the sort of yellow color, those will be emerald green. Those are the wedding colors, and I was asked to make the necklace with them in mind.

I have no idea yet if there's going to be more than just one. I hope there aren't a ton of them, although I do have until the end of next month to finish them.

The design is nice enough, but it doesn't really wow me. I was originally going to copy a chandelier style necklace, but the lacy bits wouldn't stop rolling over, so I decided to try this out. Also, I may use a couple jump rings to attach the danglies rather than just threading them onto the wire, because the first bead on all but the middle one is kind of at an angle.

So, let me know what you think! Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Smiley
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008 10:34:58 AM by Orrkid » THIS ROCKS   Logged

But we have flamethrowers. And what this indicates to me, it means that at some point, some person said to himself, "Gee, I sure would like to set those people on fire over there. But I'm way too far away to get the job done. If only I had something that would throw flame on them."
bluwave06
Tutorial Contributor

Fifties Twist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008 05:06:22 PM »

I love it the way it is!! Grin Very Pretty and the design is elegant.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008 05:08:05 PM by bluwave06 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

narhloki
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008 06:04:58 PM »

Very pretty, I like it Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DaisyTattoo
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008 06:15:15 PM »

I think it is quite beautiful as well. I would love to have this  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kirstilynne
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008 09:18:56 PM »

I like the design too. its very lovely.

i just bought a bunch of those lovely little expensive crystals from firemountain beads. i highly reccomend them for swarv. they have some pretty good prices (at least with a few i've compared to...)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swapping! PM me!!!!

Feel like some shopping?
www.kirstilynne.ets y.com
tattfae
I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out!!!

Sanity maintained through crafting!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008 09:34:42 PM »

I see what you mean about the dangles.You might try a figure 8 connector to separate the dangles from the main line.Other than that it is a pretty necklace :)I buy my Swarovski beads at artbeads.com Free shipping in the US and no minimum.Better deal than firemountain!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Handle every stressful situation like a dog,if you can't eat it or hump it,pee on it and walk away.

My Pinterest
My Deviantart
EvilRachel
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008 10:56:16 PM »

This is BEAUTIFUL
THIS ROCKS   Logged
susung
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008 01:27:47 AM »

It is a really classic design and I can imagine how yummy it will be in crystal! I might be tempted to put the dangles closer together and add one more each side with a single drop and teardrop shapes on the last dangle could be nice too - especially is you have a larger one in the centre and smaller ones on the others1 I am probably over engineering but weddings are pretty special events aren't they?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
booglass
Coin Operated Crafter

I made a hell of a lot of crafts to get here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008 08:11:02 AM »

Lovely design.  My only suggestion is one that is completely personal choice......dependi ng on the crystal size I would consider changing up the spacing to bring the lines closer together.  In this way you could even add two more.  But I tend to like a fuller more crowded look. 

Again, great job job.....it is stunning.

boo
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Catalinaaa
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2008 10:36:40 PM »

...depending on the crystal size I would consider changing up the spacing to bring the lines closer together.  In this way you could even add two more. 

That was my idea as well. I think the spacing with the five is a bit too wide.
The final product should be lovely, whatever you decide Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...