A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,804
Currently Running With Scissors:
592 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I need a Mother's advice  (Read 2957 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Pretty Pistol
Pretty Pistol

Doe Raemie

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2008 12:39:13 PM »

I know how you feel when people dont want your gifts...  its onething to return something store bought but its sad when they just dont like something you thought they would. 

anyhoo... my suggestion ..  buy a large box of diapers... and a card. in the card " call me when your ( mom goes home, husband goes back to work, ect ) and i will use these diapers while you shower, nap, or just watch tv.  "

and then craft your little heart out on something nifty for mom/baby and if she calls , great, if not ... well shes got diapers, and a gift whether she likes it or not, and you made an effort to help sincerly help out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Such  a Pretty Pistol
italia_rican_520

Crafting in the world of Deanna, Mike and Ariel.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2008 01:53:46 PM »

i think a good idea to accompany the gesture of laundry or providing a service would be a dry-erase magnetic calendar.
 if you're feelin' crafty. you could make little magnets that say "meg's turn for diaper duty!" or "ashley's turn to babysit"...u get the idea.
 Then they can choose when they need the help and remember the date when the days/nights get hectic.
Also, I think its important to remember the MOM, not just the new baby. Maybe make a bracelet for her with the baby's birthstone (again, if you're feelin' crafty!) or bring some goodies to the hospital like another person said.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
harlequin1031
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2008 03:47:19 PM »

That is THE BEST IDEA.  I have 2 children, and time is the best gift you can give her.  I would probably print up some kind of cute little coupon book containing such things as:

Good for babysitting during nap time- yours not the babies Smiley
Good for one house-cleaning
I'll come over when you need someone ELSE to walk the baby up and down the hallway for a while. 
I'll run to the store and then your house when you suddenly realize at 3 am that you're out of diapers (or wipes, or baby tylenol when baby's teething, or your tylenol when the screamings given you a migraine)

So that's all of the top of my head and nowhere near elegantly or quirkely worded, but you get the idea.....give her the coupon book with a few re-heatable healthy home-made meals in tupperware, and it's about the best present a new mom could have.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AshtonagoL
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2008 12:01:17 PM »

I think it's a great idea.  You could make a coupon book using scrapbook stickers to dress it up a little.  You could also make a gift basket with a little something to represent each "coupon".  For example, a wooden spoon to represent cooking, a bottle of dishsoap to represent doing the dishes, a toilet brush to represent cleaning, a box of dryer sheets to represent doing laundry, etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gumption

"Sing an outlaw love song." -Social Distortion

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2008 03:59:29 PM »

(Please don't throw rotten tomatoes at me for what I'm about to say)

My bebe is 6 months old, and I was lucky enough to have family and friends to help me.  They were so nice that they would come over to hold the baby, watch her, do laundry, etc.  The only problem was this: I didn't have anywhere to go. They tried  to shoo me out of the house, but I couldn't think of anywhere to go alone. 

Maybe you could make a date to go have a beer, or a cup of coffee, or the mall for looking at lingerie while her family hung out with the baby?

-M.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
annieandchiquita
Crafting Addict; no speciality

Darn picture :(

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2008 04:51:45 AM »

I totally agree with Gumption... that reason, plus with my 6 month old I couldn't stop thinking about him, so you would also be there for distraction! Taking her for coffee and goss about the 'outside' world would be a great couple of hours out of the house!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wifey
Mama
Crafter Cheesy

Currently swapping -
Back to Hogwarts: Sent!

Breathless Waiting for Breaking Dawn: Planning, purchasing and crafting Cheesy Not a minute too late, right? Such a last minute crafter...
shewolf
I call her Vera.

The hero of Canton

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2008 05:03:56 AM »

That's another good idea.

You never realize you need a break until you're about to give out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(\__/) This is Fat Bunny.
( o.o ) It has taken over, and eaten the unbelievers.
( > < ) Copy Bunny into your signature or be EATEN!

www.rattleheadgames .com - for all your gaming needs!

http://www.wists.com/shewolf I wish, I wish, with all my heart.... Smiley
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Rihanna’s Loose Waves Hair Tutorial
How to Get Soft Waves Without Heat
Beard Transplant: New Fashion Craze? Really?
Nicole Richie Dyes Her Hair Purple
Ashish Fall 2014 London Fashion Week
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...