A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 301,543
Currently Running With Scissors:
398 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mushroom Lovers Swap Round 3 [CLOSED send out May 19th]  (Read 9412 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ritapizza
« Reply #90 on: May 05, 2008 09:13:50 AM »

We have our first sender!! Rainbow_Storms!! Woohoo!!
Look out for mushroom goodies popping up in our gallery very soon!
I will post sent/received status there too.

mandaraine - please contact me ASAP! -- Thanks!

Thanks, Samsara, for sharing that mushroomy pasta making idea!! It sounds really good and makes me want to try out making my own pasta even though I've never tried it before. I think my local grocery store has pasta dough and maybe I can just add in finely ground dried mushrooms... omg I want to try it! such yummy potential!

nat_attack, bonnaroo is a bit far away from me but have fun you guys!

Eliea, I'm so envious of your days off! I've been thinking of taking days off just to craft for my own sanity   Smiley

I hope everyone had a great weekend! Grin
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008 09:22:14 AM by ritapizza » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Samsara
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good..

"I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #91 on: May 05, 2008 10:00:01 AM »

Actually making pasta is really easy, just a little time consuming, but you can bung it in a mixer. It's just egg yolks, strong pasta flour, oil; okay, I can't remember the exact ingredients off the top of my head, but you mix it all up, knead it a little to make the gluton really stretchy, let it rest in the fridge, roll it out, cut it and bung it in some hot water for a few minutes. And it's so much nicer than dried.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #92 on: May 05, 2008 10:21:01 AM »

We have our first sender!! Rainbow_Storms!! Woohoo!!
Look out for mushroom goodies popping up in our gallery very soon!
I will post sent/received status there too.

mandaraine - please contact me ASAP!!!!

Thanks, Samsara, for sharing that mushroomy pasta making idea!! It sounds really good and makes me want to try out making my own pasta even though I've never tried it before. I think my local grocery store has pasta dough and maybe I can just add in finely ground dried mushrooms... omg I want to try it! such yummy potential!

nat_attack, bonnaroo is a bit far away from me but have fun you guys!

Eliea, I'm so envious of your days off! I've been thinking of taking days off just to craft for my own sanity   Smiley

I hope everyone had a great weekend! Grin
lol. I usually only get 3 days off. My office is "closed" on Fridays. thought it may not stay that way for much longer. Tongue But the therapists are going to a conference on Thursday so I technically have the day off. However I'm going in for a little while to do some much needed filing. But I'll have the rest!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ritapizza
« Reply #93 on: May 08, 2008 03:56:16 PM »

Days off are a blessing! I just requested some Fridays off but it's because of graduations so no crafting free time >_<

I made mushroom pasta last night! just the way you described it, Samsara! I highly recommend trying it! I think I'll need to tweak the recipe and maybe add salt to the prepared dough (yup, I'm lazy and just bought the dough) to bring out the taste of mushrooms better? I used dried crimini mushrooms I bought at the grocery store. Maybe I'll try other shroom varieties next time too!

Here's some inspiration for mushroom crafting!
silly shrooms
http://flickr.com/groups/637107@N25/pool/
mushroom mania
http://flickr.com/groups/36183215@N00/pool/
embroidered
http://flickr.com/search/groups/?q=mushroom&w=54791047%40N00&m=pool
plush
http://flickr.com/search/groups/?q=mushroom&w=12788112%40N00&m=pool
http://flickr.com/search/groups/?q=mushroom&w=20796593%40N00&m=pool
everything cute
http://flickr.com/search/groups/?q=mushroom&w=64797031%40N00&m=pool

ok, I stop now Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crescentfresh
« Reply #94 on: May 08, 2008 04:42:11 PM »

I am alive and crafting! and cooking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Samsara
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good..

"I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!"

« Reply #95 on: May 08, 2008 10:53:04 PM »

I made mushroom pasta last night! just the way you described it, Samsara! I highly recommend trying it! I think I'll need to tweak the recipe and maybe add salt to the prepared dough (yup, I'm lazy and just bought the dough) to bring out the taste of mushrooms better? I used dried crimini mushrooms I bought at the grocery store. Maybe I'll try other shroom varieties next time too!

Glad you tried it out Rita - my friend is also a tutor (teaches catering at the local catering college) he used to have his own restaurant, he's travelled the world and he's cooked for the Queen in the past, so he's pretty inventive *lol* He comes up with some real gem ideas  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pink-Josy
.JosY.Licious.

.I.Love.my.boys.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: May 09, 2008 02:09:20 PM »

I'm finished crafting, I just gotta take pictures, package, and wait for send date!!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ritapizza
« Reply #97 on: May 09, 2008 04:16:24 PM »

You can go ahead and send early if you'd like!
Rainbow_Storms and hippiejo74 have already send their packages and their partners have already received!

Have a fabulous weekend everyone!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mamarose22
« Reply #98 on: May 10, 2008 07:03:54 AM »

I'm still working on my shroomies.  I'm finished with my other swap (just have to mail it off) so now I am concentrating on this one.  I did make some things and I have some ideas for more.  I hope they come out as good as they look in my mind. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
http://www.pinterest.com/mamarose22/
krazy4katz
A Needle In A HAystack

Old....but not dead yet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: May 11, 2008 09:46:38 AM »

....Just finished up the last of my goodies for the swap!  The mushroom cuteness was almost more hten I could handle!!

When my boys were wee ones we went ou into the woods ( we leave waaaaaaay out in the middle of no where) and plucked a few large mushrooms... cut the tops off and placed them bottom side down on a piece of paper.. the next morning we had the coolest mushroom print... my oldest preserved it with hair spray and it hung in a frame on his wall until.... his wife made him take it down last year  Grin Grin  If you have kiddos its a fun thing to do and teaches them about how mushrooms reproduce by spores etc....

Heading to the post office tomorrow !!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Young Artists Brighten Up New Orleans
NY Artist Martin Abrahams "Breaks on Through" With His Provacative Art Show
WIND SQUID #3 - Space Battle!
WIND SQUID #4 - Massive Explosion
WIND SQUID #5 - Space Pirates!
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: TVP Jerky
@Home This Weekend: Mirror Wall
January 21, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...