A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,968
Currently Running With Scissors:
529 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 29
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Science IS Art! swap gallery  (Read 28892 times)
Tags for this thread: science  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TracyBSN

Cut, Sew, Ask questions later...

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: May 16, 2008 11:54:59 AM »

Woo Hoo!  It says my package to veganPickles was delivered today!  I can't wait to see if she liked everything.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AmphipodGirl

More projects planned than executed.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #181 on: May 16, 2008 01:47:18 PM »

I had no idea how hard it would be to find math craft ideas!
Have I got a book for you!  All math-y, craft-y people should check out  this book.  It's got a moebius quilt, hyperbolic pants, algebraic socks, and more.

I LOVE the Escher-esque ant sculpture.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PM me for a FREE vintage embroidery transfer of mushrooms (more info in profile).
sxyskeksis
« Reply #182 on: May 16, 2008 02:50:12 PM »

MUST HAVE THAT BOOK!! That's great, now I just have to learn to knit! I've been thinking of tackling the Lorenz Manifold crochet, but I'm going to wait till I have a place big enough to display it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
buckeyebeadgirl

Luckiest girl in the world :)

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 16, 2008 03:18:06 PM »

I received yesterday from Flip Flop!  I absolutely love everything, it fits me and my personality and interests perfectly!  Grin   What a great package to come back to!!

Refridgerator magnets depicting fertilization (I specialize in reproduction!):

Some amazing notecards with equine anatomy drawings on the front:

And a closeup of one of the notecards:

An AMAZING giraffe tote (one of my favorite animals!) lined in my favorite color!

The inside:

And a great purse organizer for inside it!

Thanks so much Flip Flop!  I love everything!!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HOLY CRAP!  My DNA bracelet was selected for Best of Craftster 2008!!  And it took me 21 days to figure it out!
justusetape
« Reply #184 on: May 16, 2008 07:54:20 PM »

I am finally posting the photos of the wonderful items crafted by waterbaby. They arrived a week ago but I have been on vacation. My apologies for taking so long, but it was worth the wait! Everything is beautiful.

Upon opening the box:

And all of the carefully-wrapped treasures waiting to be discovered:

A nice card explaining each of the items she crafted, wrapped with a ribbon holding onto a gorgeous sun-stamped and hand-colored (onto the back of a vinatge domino) pendant:

The first item I unwrapped was a cute mobile made from glow-in-the-dark stars and astronomical bodies hanging from a used AOL cd (glad to know those are good for something!) Of course my 3-year-old immediately claimed this as her own, but I think I am going to keep it and hang it on the porch. Waterbaby included the unused stars and those will go on my daughter's ceiling.
I did try for a glowing-in-the-dark photo but could not quite get that to work... But trust me, it looks way cool.

Next an enticing little pouch held a beautiful necklace. A stamped astronomer colored with watercolors onto a domino. I LOVE it! It is so up my alley I just can't get over it. I am not a jewelry wearer, but there are a few items I will put on and this is definitely one of them!

And lastly we have the super-cool, super-amazing, masterfully-crocheted SEA SLUG! (aka nudibranch) Too cool! She even gathered all the data on this creature and published a booklet so my family and I can learn all about this little, uh, guy? girl? Seems these neat little creatures are hermaphroditic...
And as soon as we develop a rapport, I will give my new sea slug a name.

My baby is not quite sure what to think...

And as I was on vacation at the beach when I opened the package, I had to take some photos of sea slug in its natural habitat--the ocean (well, as near to the ocean as textile creatures should get):

Thank you so much waterbaby, these gifts are so awesome and I could not have asked for a more thoughtful or meticulous partner.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Raindancing
« Reply #185 on: May 16, 2008 10:37:27 PM »

Oh yes-- I forgot to mention the calendar, but it's included in the initial group shot.

I didn't get to take a picture of the mobius strip today.  I hope to on Sunday-- everyone should see how amazingly well sxyskeksis made this.  Last night I had assumed the ants were glued on, and I was a little worried about knocking them off, but they're wired down.  I think that I actually want to hang it from the ceiling in my office.  I'm going to want everyone to notice and admire it.

And I am so glad to know the Unit Circle Clock is supposed to run backwards!  I thought I had broken it.  I may want it to run forwards at some point in the future, but for now  I like it backwards.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #186 on: May 17, 2008 08:32:17 AM »

Thanks for the fabric info, cheebs! Ill have to look for it the next time Im at JoAnns.

That bioluminescent t-shirt is fan-freakin-tastic! I forgot that they made glow-in-the-dark fabric paint- absolutely added to my list of things I must have! The scarf is so pretty and I really like the shadow box. I love curiosity cabinets, but dont have enough things for a good one- I could use this idea to make a small scale one!

The bag of knowledge is great! And, if you took it to class during a test, you could use it as a cheat sheet Grin The clock is so math-geeky, I love it (even though I am not math geeky enough to know what it all means Wink ). And, holy crap, its the MC Escher mobius strip! I didnt realize until I saw the close-up of the ants- fantastic!

Love the fertilization magnets!! And, the notecards are so neat! Definitely ripping apart some old college textbooks soon And, the giraffe bag= love! And, youve reminded me that I really need to make a purse organizer for myself Wink

Those domino pendants are awesome! How did you get the image to wrap around the edge? Did you stamp on paper first, or (carefully) rock the stamp (which I hope isnt how you did it, because I mess that up for sure Wink )? And, somewhere, I have those glow-in-the-dark things. Now, Ill have to find them to make a mobile of my own! But, my favorite thing is the sea slug- is that your own pattern? I love the yarns you chose, too! I need one

THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
Raindancing
« Reply #187 on: May 17, 2008 01:04:40 PM »

I had no idea how hard it would be to find math craft ideas!

Part of that may be that you haven't had enough of the really fun math yet!  There's tons of stuff for you to look forward to-- topology, analysis, modern algebra...

At the beginning of the swap I had a brainstorming session with some colleagues over some margaritas and came up with some great ideas, but a bunch of them would be gags that you won't get until you have more advanced math (and a whole other bunch of them didn't seem nearly so clever post-margarita  Roll Eyes ) but I am eventually going to try my hand at embroidering the topologists sine curve on a bag, and do something with the Mandelbrot set and a line from the Jonathan Coulton song, and I have some more ideas written on a napkin somewhere...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Flip Flop
« Reply #188 on: May 17, 2008 02:10:04 PM »

So I finally got home from school and the first thing I did was open my package from buckeyebeadgirl! Cheesy It is even more than I could have asked for!!! Her bead skills are amazing.

Here's the whole amazing set! Everything is so individually amazing. There's an embroidered science geek shirt (I have green eyes and blonde hair btw, how did you know?  Wink ), a dna structure bracelet, virus earrings!!, 4 cute coordinating animal print pieces of wall art, an animal print wallet, an awesome set of test tube bubbles (you can mix the colors, so cute), and a vase made of test tubes! unfortunately, two of the tubes its made of broke in the mail (it looks so well wrapped too with the tissue Sad )  but im going to try to repair it, and one side still looks perfect as you can see in the picture!

The wall art:

Closeup of the cool texture of the paintings:

Closeup of the DNA bracelet! I am so impressed with this, its beautiful! Look how it sparkles in the sun!

The super cute virus earrings

Closeup of the embroidery:

Thanks so much buckeyebeadgirl!!! I love everything! You made my first swap amazing!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008 02:13:15 PM by Flip Flop » THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #189 on: May 17, 2008 02:38:17 PM »

That shirt is super cute! I think I even have the pattern for it! Totally love the beaded jewelry- I am so making myself a pair of virus earrings! The wall art is so vibrant and the test tube vase is so cool!

I don't want this swap to end...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 29 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Bobbi Brown Launching Makeup Tutorials
DKNY - NYFW Spring 2014 - Interviews, Backstage & Runway
Beauty Looks at Herve Leger NYFW Show
Best Eyebrow Pencils and Powders
The 30-Something Guide to Gorgeous Skin
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...