A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,617
Currently Running With Scissors:
749 Guests and 38 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Science IS Art! swap gallery  (Read 28830 times)
Tags for this thread: science  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bigfatroses
« Reply #160 on: May 14, 2008 04:40:16 PM »

I LOVE the microbe memory game!  I may have to make one of those for my daughter, since she's a nerd like her momma!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have several craft books available for trade/Wist items/supplies.  Please see my profile for more info Smiley
Lera-star
what you really wanna know about Lera yupyup

if all craft is art, dose that make all art craft?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: May 14, 2008 04:52:56 PM »

i got my pakage from scotskipper last night. WOOT! anywho i'll post my pics as soon as i get them loaded up.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

ashestoashes

you'd better not mess with major tom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: May 14, 2008 06:22:28 PM »

I got my awesome, awesome package from zazazoom today!

the first thing i opened was this amazing painting. I love bacteriophages, and i love the quote she chose to put on it! I wish you could see the shading on the 'phage up close, it's gorgeous.

I opened the other box to see an amazing purse with DNA embroidered on it, and a lovely shiny blue satin lining:

I also got some resin pendants...I have been wanting something made of resin for ages and I am so psyched about these! There is a brain, some cells, and a red one that makes me think of blood Smiley The shot is blurry but it's the best I can get.

And finally, a decoupaged box with anatomy illustrations. These remind me of my anatomy textbook from last year.

I love everything, thanks again zazazoom!!

I also wanted to post pics of the dishcloths I sent her, so you can see the designs better:
Science lab:

Erlenmeyer flask:

This has been such an awesome swap, the creativity is amazing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists

I dig personal swaps.
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #163 on: May 14, 2008 07:05:10 PM »

I love the bacteriophage painting! Such a cool looking bundle of DNA wrapped in a protein coat Wink And, the DNA embroidery looks great on the bag. And, I'm starting to look at my old textbooks with visions of scissors and Mod Podge!

Thanks for posting close-ups of the dishcloths! I love them even more!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
RachelKristin
rude crude & tattooed

Vulgarity is my specialty

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #164 on: May 14, 2008 08:16:21 PM »

awesome stuff! love the resin pendants & the bag. i love this swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Tumblr page
http://rachelkristin.tumblr.com/

Check out my Etsy store to purchase some of my work!
http://rachelmckay.etsy.com

Do you Twitter? Follow me!
http://twitter.com/JigsawYouth

My Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rachelmckay/
Cheebs

Too busy wisting to be resting...

« Reply #165 on: May 15, 2008 03:48:59 AM »

I love the fabric on the needle roll! Ill have to keep an eye out for some of that! I also love the microscope slide pendants. The embroidery is awesome- I really need to get back to embroidery one of these days and use all of the patterns Ive bought! And, the journal rocks!

I got the fabric at JoAnn's in the quilting area, with all those patterned cottons. 
That was my first attempt at microscope slide pendants actually.  I found it to be a little easier than people described minus adding the loop for it hang from.  That was a challenge.
That was my biggest embroidery so far, I used the Sublime Stitching pattern for that and the rocket on the back.  The inside fabric on the pouch is this black fabric with little white stars all over it, thought it woud fit.
I hope the science textbook gods are not mad at me for that notebook idea but I figure that those pictures will be so outdated in 5 or 10 years.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

antarcticraft
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Head Counselor of Camp Crochet

« Reply #166 on: May 15, 2008 05:29:02 AM »

That DNA purse is great, and that painting is lovely - that is a great quote! I work with fossil pollen under a microscope, so I definitely appreciate micro-art! Those pendants are cool, too - working with resin is next on my list!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vote for the winner of Crochet Challenge 9, our first Stitch-Off! For this challenge, participants explored Shell Stitch. Vote here!
Glamis

Hello, my name is glamis and I am a bibliophilic..

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #167 on: May 15, 2008 08:19:46 AM »

The pendants totally rock!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting any kind of skull shaped beads and patches-feel free to send me spare ones  ;-)
---------------------------------------------
etsy
pinterest
draw me s.
Buns
« Reply #168 on: May 15, 2008 10:27:08 AM »

So yesterday I got my package from ptarmic wumpus!  Everything in it is amazing and I'm so impressed with the obvious care she took to find out exactly what I'm interested in and the styles I like! 

This t-shirt features bioluminescent animals (because I think they're cool), and get this - it glows in the dark!  Of course the bf and I had to test it as soon as I opened the package, so we took it in the bathroom and lo and behold, it does glow!  Awesome!

She made two scarves like this, bright blue and very light.  She painted kudzu vines on them, which is an admittedly beautiful invasive plant (since I've done a lot of research on invasive species).  I absolutely looooooove these, and I am actually pretty well-known in my circle of friends for always wearing interesting scarves.  It fits perfectly in my wardrobe.

And finally, this stunning piece of wall art - it's like a big wooden book that opens up to a shadow box.  The letters on the front say "astronomy" (one of my major interests), with a little sun charm in the middle and a really cool old celestial map.  THEN on the inside, there's a paper telescope, old diagrams of telescopes, and diary excerpts from some of my favourite astronomers!!  I don't even know how she found all of this stuff, but it is just..... amazing.  The back has another diary insert that looks all old and torn around the edges, and then a hook so you can mount it on the wall.  As soon as I move into my new place, this is going up - it's definitely an extremely cool addition to my small collection of art and curiosities. 

Oh, and I apologize for the somewhat crappy pictures, they really don't do justice.  My camera is kinda behind the times.  I think a new one is in order!

Ptarmic - you were a fantastic swap partner and really nailed all of my interests!  Your next partner is a lucky craftser.   Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Flip Flop
« Reply #169 on: May 15, 2008 10:58:14 AM »

my dad let me know that i got a package in the mail, yea! so i'll be posting pictures up on saturday when i open it! a great welcome home present Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Comfort Food: Hearty Farro, Sausage & Kale Stew
How to Make Smooth Gravy
How to Make Buttermilk Biscuits
Try The Grass Whopper: Restaurant Offering Bug Filled Burger
How to Make Honey Roasted Peanut Butter
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...