A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 298,754
Currently Running With Scissors:
655 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 29
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Science IS Art! swap gallery  (Read 30309 times)
Tags for this thread: science  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pleaseelise
« Reply #80 on: May 09, 2008 01:44:55 PM »

I'm so glad you liked everything!!  I found that polka-dotted fabric at a thrift store a few months ago, and thought of it right away when I got your info.  And I'm happy you got it so quickly.  It was great crafting for you and I loved this swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cheebs

Too busy wisting to be resting...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #81 on: May 09, 2008 02:55:19 PM »

I'm so loving everything.  My bf loved the dino/alien tote bag.  Making me really anxious for gleep to get her package hehe

I can tell where some things are coming from ::hint sciplus.com hint::
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GrannysAnnie

"It's always something!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: May 09, 2008 03:33:34 PM »

I received today!!!!
 Grin

I want to give a special THANK YOU THANK YOU to bigfatroses for a super-awesome package!

Here's the whole lot:

There's a set of test-tubes that holds spices!  And they all have magnets (powerful little things!) so I can put them on the fridge!  And there's some really neat glass-glob magnets with dinosaur, natural disaster, DNA, and INNER EAR (my favorite) pictures!  I also got some awesome hair clips with flasks and atom models, ANNNNND last but certainly not least, the most amazing necklace!

Magnets! 

Coolest barrettes and an amazing necklace!  The picture doesn't do it justice.  And I really can't figure out for the life of me HOW you made it.  It's so perfect!

The barrettes even hold up my ridiculously thick hair  Cheesy

I filled up a couple of test tubes... I wanted to fill the rest but I couldn't wait to post pictures.

I LOVE it all!  Thank you so much, bigfatroses - you are a talented craftster!  And thank you very much for including the spices.  The college student in me is panicking at the overload of real cooking supplies, but the Italian in me is saying "It's about time!"  Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged

The screenname says it all - I'm my Granny's Annie!

*PhD student and audiologist extraordinaire*
eggyolk
« Reply #83 on: May 09, 2008 03:40:17 PM »

YAYAYAYA I got my package from TerraBella01!!! It's so fantastical I don't know what to say! And my puppy couldn't peel himself away from any of them while I was taking pictures! And she was so considerate. I'm very allergic to cats and she has two so she made sure to keep them away and wipe everything down.

The set

When I read the outside of the box and it said fragile I said oooo and now I know why! A flower vase with a handmade tooth as the base and finished off with an origami flower (which the puppy keeps trying to steal)

A photo album of all my years in dental school!

Handmade notecards AND coin purse! Exactly what I asked for!

The cutest little blowfish I ever did see

Thank you so much TerraBelle01!!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
bigfatroses
« Reply #84 on: May 09, 2008 04:02:00 PM »

Gak!  The tooth coin purse is adorable!!!!

GrannysAnnie- I am sooooooooooooo glad that you like everything!  I hope that the adhesive on the barrettes is holding up.  If it isn't let me know, and I'll send you my back-up plan!  LOL!

This swap has been amazing!  Thank you Anarcticraft for being a wonderful organizer!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have several craft books available for trade/Wist items/supplies.  Please see my profile for more info Smiley
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #85 on: May 09, 2008 04:02:55 PM »

Wow! So many amazing packages! I hope I have enough adjectives for them all

I love the constellation yarn art! Its such a cool idea! And the Hide-A-Book is excellent- I love all of the music terminology (the geeky part of music) on the front!

Love the crocheted (?) DNA! And the heart bag is fantastic too! And the buttons are awesome

The decoupaged tin is so cool- Ill have to start scrounging around for cool illustrations to make one for myself. And, using dictionary illustrations is such a neat idea for the magnets! Ill put an old dictionary on my must find list too! And, I love the fabrics used for the organelles on the plant cell tote bag! And the bird bath is too nice to let the birds use Wink

The UFO/Dino bag is a hoot! And X-files trading cards??? I never knew they existed so now Im totally jealous Wink  The alien stuffie is fab as well!

Love, love, love the test tube spice holders! And making them magnetic is genius! The barettes are so cute- my short curly hair wouldnt work with them, but if it was longer, Id totally be making a set for me! The skeleton leaf pendant is wonderful, too!

The tooth photo album and coin purse are so cute, and the little vase is so clever! The notecards are adorable, too! And, I have to agree, the blowfish is super sweet!

I am totally lovin this swap! I hope my package measures up (and arrives with contents intact!)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

« Reply #86 on: May 09, 2008 04:14:15 PM »

I just recieved from Radegund-I'M NOT WORTHY!! Bows, a la wayne's world.She's going to post pictures. She went above and beyond, and I love it all.The most beautiful bag and journal, amazing jewelry box-with jewelry-hand painted votives,test tubes,candy, a great letter-I'm blown away.
Thank you so much, for your talent and generosity!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@craftster
<a href="http://StudioLTD@etsy.com.>StudioLTD"</a>| Couponcode CRAFTSTER 10%
<a href=https://www.etsy.com/shop/HipsterHive?ref=shop_sugg>HipsterHive</a>|
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd6
Radegund
« Reply #87 on: May 09, 2008 04:33:49 PM »

I love the magnetic storage test tubes! That's a really great idea!  Cheesy

I just recieved from Radegund-I'M NOT WORTHY!! Bows, a la wayne's world.She's going to post pictures. She went above and beyond, and I love it all.The most beautiful bag and journal, amazing jewelry box-with jewelry-hand painted votives,test tubes,candy, a great letter-I'm blown away.
Thank you so much, for your talent and generosity!

And I just got bookstorebabe's wonderful package as well!   Grin  I'm off to process photos and will post again shortly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chilledsoup
biogeek extraordinaire

« Reply #88 on: May 09, 2008 04:58:13 PM »

What's this? It's a knit Atta (leafcutter) ant made by superhooker!  This was something I asked for, and she did a wonderful job.

He hasn't found any leaves in my room yet, but he did spot this adorable little mouse friend that she also send along. Another wish come true for me =)

Here are the gorgeous science magnets!  I love them all, I can't even pick a favorite.

Cute frog ring and tree hair clips!

Really fun extras that superhooker included...  There's two tubs of dinosaur putty, and an egg that will actually hatch a growing snake!

AND MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE THING EVER...

A DNA scarf!  I can't believe how much care superhooker put into this magnificent creation.  It's sooo beautiful and perfectly biogeek-ish.  My coworkers in the lab are so jealous, and it makes me long for these beautiful spring days to end and for winter to return! 

Thank you so much superhooker!  You are an amazing partner and I bow to your ultimate craftiness!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bigfatroses
« Reply #89 on: May 09, 2008 05:08:09 PM »

WOW!  That scarf is so awesome!  And the ant!  How cute is that?!?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have several craft books available for trade/Wist items/supplies.  Please see my profile for more info Smiley
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 29 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Test File
How to Make Glass Ornaments
Speed Round with Glenda Bailey
Citrus Painting Craft for Kids
How to Choose a Quilting Fabric
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...