A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,060
Currently Running With Scissors:
469 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 29
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Science IS Art! swap gallery  (Read 29007 times)
Tags for this thread: science  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

antarcticraft
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Head Counselor of Camp Crochet

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #100 on: May 09, 2008 10:05:42 PM »

Holy flesh-eating viruses, Batman! I go off for a night at the opera and come home to an explosion of some of the coolest swap packages I have EVER seen, and all in one swap! All the people who didn't sign up are surely kicking themselves! You guys rock!

superhooker - The leaf-cutter and and DNA scarf are incredible! Your work is really gorgeous. Was that all free-hand?!

Radegund - I love your memo, and the space-time fabric bag has had me rolling on the floor for about ten minutes now. So clever! And that jewelry drawer is about the coolest thing I've ever seen!

pleaseelise - that dinosaur ufo bag is genius! My boyfriend's 12-year-old wants one. Tongue And your alien is super cute - we must clone them and sell them as pets!

bigfatroses - Brilliant use of test tubes! Kitchen alchemy, I love it! And that leaf pendent is so beautiful! Also, science barretts = super cute!

eggyolk - you really did a wonderful job with the tooth theme (I was wondering how you'd do it!). That flower vase is beautiful - is that a test tube, too?

bookstorebabe - the brain bag is awesome...but that Tesla wall clock is the best! (did you see David Bowie as Tesla in The Prestige?). That Acme Armaments kit is hilarious - I love it!

Buns - that t-shirt rocks (can I have one??), and well done you for figuring out a lovely crafty item featuring fluid dynamics! And crocheted Lorenz equations are truly inspired. Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vote for the winner of Crochet Challenge 9, our first Stitch-Off! For this challenge, participants explored Shell Stitch. Vote here!
gleep
« Reply #101 on: May 10, 2008 06:03:25 AM »

WOW!

There is so much great stuff recently, I am AWED.

(And now have massive swap anxiety.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TerraBella01

Crafting keeps me sane

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: May 10, 2008 06:12:27 AM »

Wow!  Everything is so amazing! I love that DNA scarf!  How creative.

I received my package from Eggyolk yesterday and tried to take pictures, but it wasn't happening.  It was overcast and my apartment doesn't get good sunlight anyways. So since it's sunny today, I'm hoping to get some in a bit.

And yes, that is basically a test tube I knicked from work used as a small vase.  It's actually a 15mL blood collection tube that I use to collect gas samples (no blood or anything else dangerous, I promise.  It was scrubbed well too).  After I take the volumes, they get tossed because we haven't found a use for them yet in the lab. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Radegund
« Reply #103 on: May 10, 2008 06:29:03 AM »

Love the equation crochet!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TerraBella01

Crafting keeps me sane

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: May 10, 2008 08:28:52 AM »

I finally have pictures of Eggyolks amazing items! Smiley

First, a group shot...
I got some Nemo lollies and a Nemo fish. A naughty squid (light green), a stinging nettle (bright blue and yellow), a gray dolphin and a mostly gray dodo bird, two kitties that look like my two brats,  a dark blue jellyfish, yellow brain coral, dark green kelp, a purple and greenish nautilus, red lobster, purple starfish, pink anemone (nemo is on top of that), a brown and blue manta ray, a sand dollar hat, an urchin hat, and a light scarf with a seahorse made of buttons.  I love them all!!!

Mikea and her likeness

Greta and her likeness...neither one of them were very cooperative.

And finally, I took the swimming creatures and used some clear stretchy jewelry stuff to hang them from my bedroom ceiling.  Though I suppose the lobster is usually a bottom dweller, and the kelp is technically attached to the sea floor, or whatever it grows on.  But eh...the more the merrier.  I placed the other items around my room.

Angle 1

Angle 2

You can see the anemone in the lower left corner on a shelf.

Thank you so much Eggyolk.  I love everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

attentionspanofnone
« Reply #105 on: May 10, 2008 08:56:18 AM »

Oh my, those kitties are adorable! And that squid is so cute XD
I admire the work, they look so hard to make and so well done!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A needle through the skin = my battlescar
my wists- http://www.wists.com/rtisticfunk
bigfatroses
« Reply #106 on: May 10, 2008 09:17:50 AM »

WOW!  Lots of sea critters! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have several craft books available for trade/Wist items/supplies.  Please see my profile for more info Smiley
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #107 on: May 10, 2008 09:18:05 AM »

Holy moly! Now, I really have swap anxiety. More fantastic packages. The scientific creativity is absolutely amazing. So much for those folks who say scientists aren't creative!

A knitted leafcutter ant! So fantastic! Youll have to make some leaves for him to carry around. Love the magnets too (all of the marble magnets have had such great science images!). And, more cool barrettes (although I thought that they were broccoli when I first saw the pics). But, the DNA scarf is worth killing forseriously! This is one of the things that makes me wish that I could get the hang of knitting Absolutely gorgeous!

The painted bowl and votives are wicked cool (had to sneak a wicked in there somewhere Wink ), and the accompanying memo is a riot! I love the jewelry chest- Id put it on my desk at school and put desk supplies in it. Somewhere, I have a rock tumbler, and when I tumble a few rock samples (or find really cool natural ones), Im making some rock pins. And the circuit board pin is another idea to add to my science jewelry collection. Totally adore the space-time-continuum bag- I have a firend who would totally get a kick out of that. And, all of its extra features are tremendous!

The brain bag is so neat- I love the bright colors against the black & white fabric! The little robot toy is so cute- Id still try to find a way to make it into a marionette, because it looks perfect for the task. The Tesla clock is way cool- I really need to rip apart and old clock and do something like that! But, the Acme Interstellar Travel Necessities kit takes the cake, along with the X-5000! I walked around the house for several minutes going PewPewPew!

Those coasters are gorgeous! And the Lorenz equations hot pads are so neat! The Edmund Halley shirt looks professionally done!

And the knitted and crocheted ocean critters (with bonus dodo and aquatic kitties!), are overwhelmingly suberb! I cant pick a favorite (but the hats are close!).

THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
love2teach

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 10, 2008 09:25:08 AM »

I have company for dinner and am not able to check the thread for 24 hours and I come back to 3 pages of total amazement Shocked Shocked Shocked  My wrist doubled because of all the cool stuff and I actually had to take notes on the items so I could post this reply.

Pinokoo-the yarn art is really cool.  I loved the colors.
Buns-the crochet equations are amazing.  I have not tried charted patterns yet.  Are they hard?
anarcticraft-I wisted the plant cell tote.  I want one for my stuff that I use when I teach lessons in our school's outdoor classroom/garden.
eggyolks-I have patterns for some of those sea creatures, but  I have not tried them yet.  Your work is amazing.
PleaseElise-I adore the UFO/dinosaur tote.
bigfatroses-I love the spice containers and barretts.  They have both been added to my wist.  I love to cook and chemistry is my favorite science so the spice containers are a combo of my two favorites.
TerraBella01-You gave me some great ideas for a gift for my dentist who is moving to a new office soon. 
bookstorebabe-I really like the brain bag.  One can never have enough totes.
superhooker-Is the leaf cutter ant an original pattern?  I never thought I'd say, I want to hug an ant.  The DNA scarf is fantastic.  I am jealous.  I wish I could knit.
Radegund-I fell off the bed when I read your interdepartmental memo.  I love the space-time bag.  Where did you get the test tube candy?

love2teach

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pintrest:  http://www.pinterest.com/lac1424/
My Raverly ID:  love2teach
Radegund
« Reply #109 on: May 10, 2008 09:34:45 AM »

Where did you get the test tube candy?

I'd seen it somewhere, but I got that particular bag at our local dollar store. My intention was originally to dump the candy and use the test tubes, but then someone posted the link to that science supplies website and I ended up getting real test tubes instead.  Smiley

All the light-up bits came from the dollar store too. It's amazing what you can find in those places! And when you break up a radio to dig out its circuit board, you don't feel guilty because A) it was only $1 and B) it was an awful radio anyway.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 29 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Robert Whiting Offers a Look Inside Yakuza Culture
Backlash Book Trailer
Resilience Book Trailer
R. Kayeen Thomas Performs a Rap Song from the Novel Antebellum
R. Kayeen Thomas Reveals His Novel Antebellum
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...