A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,068
Currently Running With Scissors:
588 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mural of forest, with clouds on ceiling  (Read 6426 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tiggyjn
« on: April 19, 2008 04:52:00 AM »

righty, im a uni student, plus my parents live separately, so that gives me a total of 3 different bedrooms to play around with decorating! theyre all very different styles. This is the one at my dads house. his house is not normal. Its a primative methodist chapel, thats been converted to something almost livable in in many stages. also its a second hand bookshop. also its a dump. so.. I like my room to be pretty spacious and tidy, the oppisite to the rest of the building.

The shape of my room is rectangular, with a lantern roof ( two rows of high up windows facing each other), also theres a row of windows high up to my dads room, but theyre blocked up. Theres an unused door through to my dads room (fire excape) and a sometimes used door to my brothers room on the oppisite side. But the way i have to get to my room to up a ladder and through a trap door.  the central bit of ceiling is high up, cant reach it without a ladder, but each end is low, sloping, and can stand up fully. yeah i sed it was a strange room! Oh and theres very little furniture, just a matress, and a beautiful dressing table i brought from a junk shop. my brother has alot of house partys here, so the less stuff in my room the less stuff to be damaged!

I painted the tall bit of ceiling with clouds on a few years ago. also i have a hammock i can hang under it to look at the 'sky' Smiley

the paints: I brought 4 sample pots from the diy place , for 2 each. took the man ages to mix them all up! also i used the leftover blue from doing the ceiling, so they match. 

the wall i painted. just did one wall. actually not even all a wall, cos i stopped at the door.

I started with a fat paintbrush to fill in space, then did most of it with a sponge, blobbing and wiping it on.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
timid_gothica

I will spray paint your face!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008 05:09:05 AM »

your room is inspirational. I wish I could paint my walls.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat shit and die
- Hunter S. Thompson

my etsy!
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5779650
supermedic
SUPERMEDIC

Live Love Laugh But Laugh the Most

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008 05:20:21 AM »

PLEASE COME PAINT MY WALLS AND CEILINGS?!?!  That is sooo gorgeous.  i just love it.  it looks real.  i would never leave my room. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
soprok
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008 06:06:35 AM »

great job.   looks fantastic.   and the clouds look so real.

i painted and stenciled my bedroom a few years ago to look like the jungle,

mam
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TLW
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008 07:02:44 AM »

This looks so beautiful!

And I agree, the clouds look very real
Do you plan on paining all walls like that, or will there be additional landscapes?
(Hmmm, judging from the paint, it will mainly be a spring forest).
Cool!

TLW
THIS ROCKS   Logged

No interesting signature yet........
seamonsterz
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2008 07:21:04 AM »

Very pretty.  I wish I could paint my walls because I would love to paint clouds on my ceiling too!  It is always cold where I love and when it is warm it is usually raining!  How great it would be to be able to lay in bed and pretend I'm outside.  Great idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sugarbeth
no such thing as too many projects!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2008 08:48:55 AM »

It looks awesome. Nice job!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Beth
crafty momma to Lilu and Toby
Martin Handmade Tile
hello vera

Not all who wander are lost

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2008 09:01:17 AM »

Am enviable of your ceiling!
xx
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tiggyjn
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2008 09:30:19 AM »

Thankyou for the lovely comments everyone Smiley
I dont think i am going to paint the other walls, cos it might feel abit clostraphobic ( i cant spell that) , and i like it to feel light and bright having white walls.

and yes , its deffinitly a very spring forest, very bright green and yeallowish almost! wasnt quite intended, but when the shop guy was mixing the paints one came out much too yellow , so he was going to make up a new one and throw that out, but i didnt want it wasted so i took it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nilaa
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2008 10:54:08 AM »

This is fabulous. I'm assuming you did it freehand, in which case you have a great artistic eye! The trees fit together really well and the sponging worked wonderfully! The clouds are amazing too, of course. I think it would be really cool to continue the mural along at least that wall.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How This 62-Year-Old Pageant Queen Turned Her Life Around At 50
6 Ways to Try New Beauty Products Before You Buy Them
How To Get Soft, Smooth Lips
Top Head Accesories For the Summer
5 Products to Help You Look Great Post-Flight
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...