A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 300,872
Currently Running With Scissors:
633 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Smurf Dress from Sheets  (Read 73238 times)
Tags for this thread: smurf , tutorial , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sallysparks
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2004 09:17:54 PM »

i totally have those same smurf sheets! i've been making a few bags from them, but the dress you made is stellar. i'll have to evaluate my sewing skills & see if i can semi-recreate it--nice job, mama!

Dude, just get any ol' simple dress or skirt pattern and you'll be so happy you have those sheets! Especially since spring is just around the corner. Just make sure to post pics so we can all see!
 Grin Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
signe

mars-yer than thou

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2004 09:33:07 AM »

I think you'd be able to sell just the pattern as well. It looks super hot. And I love the pattern. The contrast between the childish pattern and the grown-up dress is cool.

And you're beautiful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
elephantfanatic

real girls shoot guns!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2004 07:26:32 PM »

WOWOWOW!!!!! This is the COOLEST dress! I  love it! hm, i wonder if I could make one? maybe with sleeves? oh the possibilities!!!!!!! Grin  Thanks for posting! sheets are the greatest! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"All Cinderellas have their midnight." Thomas S. Monson.
BadKittyUSA33

I'm a kitty!!! A BAD ONE!!! meow...

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2004 02:22:09 PM »

that dress is just way too cute! i luv it!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(`'.(`'.**.' ).')     
.*  MOLLYWOOD!!!!!  * .      
(. '(.'**`'.)`'.)   Rock on!
lolirot
« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2004 08:14:33 PM »

omigosh i love it! its awesome! how cute..im totally trying that. i gotta find some cool sheets soon..hehe Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tyranny
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2004 10:00:42 AM »

If you or anyone out there has ever read weetzie bat by francessca lia block, the very first chapter of the first book talks about how she wears childrens bed sheet dresses. I am so in love w/ your dress and want my own despratly.  unfourtunatly my sewing skills are less then stellar. can someone reccamend an easy similar dress pattern for a beginner sewer, thats measurments are easily adjustable, because much to my chagrin I'm all boobs and not much else....man I have been talking about your dress for days
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sallysparks
« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2004 10:10:45 AM »

If you or anyone out there has ever read weetzie bat by francessca lia block, the very first chapter of the first book talks about how she wears childrens bed sheet dresses. I am so in love w/ your dress and want my own despratly.  unfourtunatly my sewing skills are less then stellar. can someone reccamend an easy similar dress pattern for a beginner sewer, thats measurments are easily adjustable, because much to my chagrin I'm all boobs and not much else....man I have been talking about your dress for days

Tyranny: I recommend going to your local fabric store and browsing the pattern books. There are a lot of super easy dress patterns that you could buy. Perhaps you could get a larger size (to fit your bust) and tailor it down to fit the rest of your body. It's simple: just pinch the fabric against your body when the dress is on and cut off the extra fabric (leaving room for seam allowance, of course) and sew it all back together. voila! your own, best fitting, best feeling, DIY dress ever! Good luck and post some pics! Grin
P.S. I've never heard of that book but now i'll have to look it up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Fallen_Skittles

Taste the Rainbow!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2004 03:12:15 PM »

how cute! those pictures r awesome! and so is the dress obviously. u know old sheets would make a cute skirt. i think i have some seseme street ones, and maybe some winnie the pooh ones. darn why does my sister have to use them? lol!

bye the way im insanely jealous of ur prettyness!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2004 03:14:00 PM by Fallen_Skittles » THIS ROCKS   Logged

In my feild of paper flowers
and candy clouds of lullaby
I lie inside myself for hours
and watch my purple sky fly over me
~Evanescence, Whisper
WildSnowflake
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2004 10:30:01 AM »

Looks great...

When I was in Ghana, one of the chiefs wore an outfit made of Barney sheets... my friend got a skirt made of hospital sheets (she washed it really really well)... it said property of LA Medical all over them... Missionaries send over all sorts of stuff and because it's from US, it's valued Smiley

I thought I was fine when I got my Dashiki  outfit to wear home until I looked closely and noticed that there was a subtle print of soccer balls  woven in the fabric!

http://www.africanacrafts.com/web_store.cgi?page=m9.htm&cart_id=2796666_319283226354_195613226354_19561
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chocodog
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2004 10:42:21 PM »

Love it! I made my friend a quilt out of that same exact sheet. weird...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my Etsy shop! Yay, buttons!
http://chocodog.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
SELF Magazine’s Spring 2014 Beauty Update
This Trick Will Take the Redness Out of Your Pimple
4 Makeup Tips to Change Your Routine Forever
A Natural Solution For Backache
How to Wear Fresh Spring Makeup
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Super Easy Peppermint Bark
Handmade Gift Ideas: Grey & Plum Button Wreath
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...