A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,560
Currently Running With Scissors:
707 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cherry blossom market bag and more  (Read 1490 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

instantkarma
« on: April 17, 2008 03:13:31 PM »

Here's what I have been working on for the last few days:

This is a market bag that I made out of a slightly-modified pattern I found online. I made the bottom bigger, the strap shorter, and added the green stripe and the cherry blossom flowers.

Since I loved those blossoms so much, I made these earrings. Actually, I made the earrings first and the bag second, but the bottom line is still that I love them.

A seal for my auntie's birthday. She's pretty impressed by my ability to crochet, so I thought making her something might be fun. I think he's cuter without a mouth, but maybe I'll add one. What do you think?

Last but not least, this is just a little bracelet I made out of some scrap yarn when I wanted a new bracelet to wear. Nothing very special, really.

Do you have thoughts? I'd love to hear them. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

On a swapping hiatus due to college...

http://www.wists.com/cherryxantacids
summer.birthday
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008 10:35:57 PM »

Hadn't seen this before, but maybe I can help with some constructive critiques. It seems like your photos are a tad blurry toward the end of the post - clearer photos of detail are helpful to see what you've actually created! Also, you've got a couple different things going on here, what with the bag, the seal, and the bracelet. All of these are great projects but they may deserve separate posts.

Separately, your bag looks great! The pink cherry blossoms are a really nice touch, and I think they probably look awesome as earrings. The seal is really cute, too. You could always experiment with a mouth and take it out if you don't like it! I fidget with bracelets too much to wear them, but crocheting them looks fun. Good luck with future work (and posts). Keep it up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The artist who aims at perfection in everything achieves it in nothing." - Eugene Delacroix
Tanna
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008 12:42:51 AM »

i agree with the above post, and my first look why i came here was to say i like the bag very much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
instantkarma
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008 08:01:05 AM »

Thanks. Smiley My photos are blurry because of my crappy camera that I can't replace yet (but probably will once I get my stimulus check). I noticed that's a lot of the reason why people skip over my posts, but I kind of wish there was a way to say something along the lines of "Hey! I don't make blurry things - it's my camera!" Tongue Oh well, it'll be fixed soon enough, I guess.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cowgirlz101
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008 03:53:52 AM »

I really like the style of the bag, and how it only has one handle. The green stripe is a nice addition, with the flowers too. I'd like to make a bag like that, it's too small for my grocery needs but just for a fun purse, to have. Smiley You did a great job on both, purse and earrings!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

One moment can change everything!

Live your life to the fullest every day!

Let your past remain behind you as you look forward to the future!
littlefawnpug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Formally known as missmoppet

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008 07:04:15 PM »

Ohhhh I love that bag!!!!!!!  Was it easy?   I understand pictures being blurry.  My camera sucks batteries like humming bird to sugar water.  So, I use my camera phone, which sucks majorly.  But, id rather see a slightly blurry picture then none at all.  Anyways, I like everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Happiness resides not in possessions, and not in gold, happiness dwells in the soul.

-Currently crafting.....A Weasley blanket.  I'd love some squares made from fellow Craftsters.
puks
utter fruitcake

just escaped from bedlam

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008 05:30:45 AM »

uhmm slightly off topic

i love you avatarpicture Wink

and i like the bag have to keep it from hubby as i have to many already

but i really so like the shape ( and the colour combination ) of that one

personally my flowers, if i would add any, woul dbe bright orange Smiley

as for the seal
i would have bet its a whale  ( sorry)
its cute nevertheless and you are right it doesnt need a mouth Smiley its cute as it is

the bracelet is a nice idea to use up scrap
does it have a fastening at all??

THIS ROCKS   Logged

i like running with crochet hooks,it makes me feel dangerous
instantkarma
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008 08:06:59 AM »

Ha, I thought the seal looked like a whale too, so before I gave it away I added embroidered details to the fins and tail and a nose...so it looks much more like a seal now.

The bracelet doesn't need a clasp, it's just big enough to slip over my hand.

Thank you so much for the reassuring comments! I am actually working on getting a new camera right now ($50, what a steal!) and if that works out then I will have new, better pictures! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Panasonic DMC-LX3: Set for Copy Scene
Panasonic DMC-LX3: Set for Beach/Snow Scene
Panasonic DMC-LX3: Set for Backlight Scene
Panasonic DMC-LX3: Getting Started
Canon XSi/450D: Set White Balance Function
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...