A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,033
Currently Running With Scissors:
524 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HEY EVERYBODY! Post your Wedding Song  (Read 6292 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BraindeadBetty
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2008 01:32:18 PM »

My husband and I's first dance was to "I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend" by the Ramones...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bushbaby
Ex Bonis Aardy

Hug the bushbaby! Evil does not wear a Bonnet!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2008 01:40:54 PM »

We had a civil service so...

• the entry track  - Pachabels "Kanon" (a slightly up tempo version to the ones most people hear)
  • the signing of the register  -  to "Accros the stars" by Jon williams (from Star Wars)
  • 'exit' music  -  "PM's Love theme" from 'Love Actually'

Other music was (in order)
  • Hallelujah - John Cale (Shrek Soundtrack)
  • Glasgow Love theme - 'Love actually' soundtrack
  • 'Magnum Mysterium' - by Morten Lauridsen
  • Presidents theme - 'Day After tommorrow' soundtrack
  • You Belong To Me - Jason Wade (Shrek)
  • Portuguse Love Theme - 'Love Actually' soundtrack
  • 'The Inner Light' Suite - from Star Trek;TNG
  • Wonders Of An Ancient Glory - 'Dragonheart' Soundtrack
  • Main theme -  Deep Blue Sea' soundtrack
  • main theme - 'Shakespear in love' soundtrack
  • 'The heart ask for pleasure first' - Michael Nyman
  • 'to the stars' - dragonheart soundtrack
  • O Nata Lux - from 'Lux Aeterna' by Morton Lauridsen
  • Veni Sanctus  - from 'Lux Aeterna' by Morton Lauridsen
  • Agnus Dei  - from 'Lux Aeterna' by Morton Lauridsen

can you tell we are film buffs??

For anyone looking for some beautiful choral music for a service I can highly recommend 'Lux Aeterna' by Morton Lauridsen - I fell in love with this piece when my choir were the 1st in the world to perform it outside of america - it is so soothing and uplifting.

we didnt have dancing at our wedding, with only 10 guests we had a wonderful initmate dinner - but I hade made 2 coppies of the cd and gave my mum one of them. Since them I have had to reburn her a 2nd copy as she has listen to the 1st one so much she wore out the CD!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

LanaTurnerSmile

Throw your petticoat over the windmill!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2008 01:49:49 PM »

Our song at our service (civil) was 'Baby I love you'  by The Ramones

Our First dance was 'Who'd of thought' by Rancid

We also had C'est La Vie by chuck berry and a jive-off!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Desperately seeking patterns Butterick 6174 &  Vogue 8251!
Raine_Dementia
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2008 03:52:00 PM »

On the subject of gamer wedding songs though, my fiancee and I are planning to do a duet of "Still Alive" from Portal. Assuming I can train myself to remain on key, I'm supposed to sing high, but as soon as he starts singing my voice wants to go lower to blend in with his.

Also, if I can find somewhere to put it in, I want to have the main theme from Katmari Damacy in there somewhere.. I play co-op mode on "We love Katamari" with one of my bridesmaids so much, I figure it'll be worth it just for the look on her face.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you want rainbows, you must learn to live with the rain.
perianmellon
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2008 06:27:27 AM »

On the subject of gamer wedding songs though, my fiancee and I are planning to do a duet of "Still Alive" from Portal. Assuming I can train myself to remain on key, I'm supposed to sing high, but as soon as he starts singing my voice wants to go lower to blend in with his.

haha!  That's going to be awesome, i can't even begin to sing (especially not like GLaDOS), but a few of my friends have threatened to smuggle Rock Band into our reception and play us a tribute song, maybe that will be it ; p

Also, if I can find somewhere to put it in, I want to have the main theme from Katmari Damacy in there somewhere.. I play co-op mode on "We love Katamari" with one of my bridesmaids so much, I figure it'll be worth it just for the look on her face.

LOL!  I'm going to have the theme from Katamari in my head all day now : P  You could always play this one, since its sort of a love song ; p

I know you love me
I want to wad you up into my life
Let's roll up to be a single star in the sky

I hear you calling me
I want to wad you up into my life
Let's lop up to make a single star in the sky
To you, to you
THIS ROCKS   Logged
abirdsong
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2008 06:44:16 AM »

I'm walking down the aisle to Love's Divine, by Seal.  We're just playing the end part, where it's all pretty.  Plus the beginning has a line about "realizing my biggest mistake."  Didn't think that was appropriate!!!!!!

The procession is Lost In This Moment, by Big & Rich, which is totally about a wedding.

And, first dance?  Crazy Love by Jim Morrison. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Counting the days down until 6/7/2008!!
craftylittlenurse
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2008 08:17:51 AM »

Even though my BF and I are not officially engaged yet we are thinking that there will be a wedding sometime in the next year or so.  Of course I can't help but start planning in my head.  I have at least three songs that I know I want incorporated somehow

"Somersault" by Zero 7
"As" by Stevie Wonder
"I Will Follow You Into the Dark" by Death Cab for Cutie

I love the thought of having non-traditional wedding music, thanks for more great ideas everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Raine_Dementia
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2008 08:37:47 AM »

haha!  That's going to be awesome, i can't even begin to sing (especially not like GLaDOS), but a few of my friends have threatened to smuggle Rock Band into our reception and play us a tribute song, maybe that will be it ; p

Oh lord, I hope my gamer bridesmaid doesn't get the idea to bring guitar hero. We'll never make it through the wedding speeches, she'll just stand there playing MCR songs for the entire reception..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you want rainbows, you must learn to live with the rain.
littledayna
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2008 04:28:44 PM »

I haven't picked our song yet... I have it narrowed!

Blue Eyes - Cary Brothers
All The Way - Frank Sinatra
At last - Etta James

I think they're all gorgeous, personally.  Most of the songs that have real sentimental meaning to us, are rockabilly or punk songs, which would not work AS well for the pseudo traditional concepts that I'm going for.  They'll definitely get played though.

Reading everyones choices has been so interesting, too  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." - Oscar Wilde
skankin kiwi
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2008 03:17:33 PM »

Our First dance was 'Who'd of thought' by Rancid

That is going to be our second song!  Our first dance is going to be to "When I'm 64" by the Beatles, as that is how I was proposed to.
Also, we are walking down the aisle to "The Final Countdown" by Europe, as played on keyboard by my fiance's little brother.  (Gob's fault!  I am still considering having guests on the aisle side wave scarves up and down for me to walk through...)
The talented brother is also going to compose us some background music for the beginning of the reception when people are eating etc.  We are trying to have a song for every wedding party member.  So it will be very eclectic!  For my bro and sis "The Mariner's Revenge Song" by the Decemberists (they know all the words and that is the only song I heard them sing during out last roadtrip together!)  I am dancing with my dad to "Born in the USA" by Bruce Springsteen.  (He would sing Springsteen songs to me when I was little.) 
Other songs that mean something to us:
"Red Sweater"- the Aquabats
"Baby, I'm An Anarchist" - Against Me!
"Linoleum" - NOFX
"Ring of Fire" - Johnny Cash
"She's A Lady" - Tom Jones (though I am not down with the "she always knows her place" line, this is in "Fear and Loathing" which my fiance and I watch at least several times a month!)
"Classics of Love" - Common Rider
"Crack Rock Steady" - Choking Victim
"Words of Love" - Buddy Holly
To name just a few!  We thought about having people request songs, but I think by the time we get all the songs that mean something to us, and the songs we come up with for other people, that might fill the entire night!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stirrin' my brandy with a nail...
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Paper Balloon Water Bomb
How to Make a No-Sew Safety Pin Purse
How to Make a Paper Gun
How to Make a Pop-Up Scrapbook Page
How to Make a Nightmare on Elm Street Glove
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...