A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,508
Currently Running With Scissors:
455 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HEY EVERYBODY! Post your Wedding Song  (Read 6300 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

miss sarah jane
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2008 11:25:36 PM »

I LOVE to dance, and didn't want to do the traditional slow-dance.  I get bored watching other people slow dancing, (which has more to do with my attention span than anything) and would have felt weird having everyone stare at me for so long.  SO I convinced my hubby (who didn't really mind either way, as he wanted lessons no matter what) that we should go for something fun and fast.  So we chose "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" by Queen, and then went to classes and learned to Rock'n'roll.  It was a blast!  Totally not traditional I know, but we had so much fun, and all our friends and family loved it.  And it really got everyone else in the mood to get up and dance, the dance floor was full all night. 

As for the rest of the night, we were blessed with having a really great band that knew how to read the crowd well and played music that everyone loved, so we left them to their own devices really.

For the ceremony, processional was "Arrival of the Queen of Sheba", register signing was "Ave Maria" (Shubert version) and recessional was "The Wedding March" from A Midsummer Night's Dream.  All played on the cathedral's fabulous pipe organ.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
mountaingrrl
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2008 01:20:48 PM »

We also had C'est La Vie by chuck berry and a jive-off!

This was our first dance song! I didn't want to have an awkward three minutes of us dancing to some slow song either, so instead we did a little swing dancing to this song. It was so much fun and people really liked it, but mostly it was fun!

Our wedding songs were church songs because it was a Catholic ceremony:
Prayer of Saint Francis-Processional
City of God- Recessional

both were done with piano only

Have fun planning!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dayzi

Proud momma of 2 Boston Terriers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2008 07:25:03 PM »

Our first dance is going to be to The Beatles "Something" We were going to go with the Dropkick Murphys "Forever" but we're just going to include that in the playlist, along with The Beatles "Don't Let Me Down" We still need to settle on the father/daughter & mother/son dances. Looking for something classic rock and not too sappy to dance with my dad to.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ooo la la
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2008 12:20:16 AM »

We are having people play and sing, "The Blower's Daughter" by Damien Rice at the ceremony (we're having some of the lyrics tweaked a little tiny bit though Smiley if you know the song, you understand why. It's just such a beautiful song though!) I'm walking down the isle to an instumental version of "Something in the way she moves" by the Beatles. As far as what everyone else walks down the isle to.... i dont know. and first dance and father/ daughter and son/ mother dance.... dont know either.... yikes! The wedding is two months away! any input on my song choises so far?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KatintheCappello
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2008 12:48:03 PM »

Good thread! You guys all have great playlists,the collection here is unlike any other out there on the web, what a fantastic inspiration for the modern yet traditional girl!! Love it!

For us, the reception soundtrack is easy:

The Beatles,
Tom Petty
Frank Sinatra
Steve Miller Band
Lois Armstrong
The Four-tops
The Grayeful Dead (oh yeah, hippy weddings are rad)
Dean Martin
and a whoooole lot of misc. folk/celtic/bluegrass/americana tunes

Or PROBLEM is ceremony music! We're having the father of a dear friend plat the fiddle at our (outdoor, september) ceremony... and I don't know what to have him play! Anyone know a good link or ten to listen to instrumental versions of newer songs, or even some non-traditional folky fiddlin' tunes, I would be greatly obliged!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Katarina's Closet - Custom Crochet and Craft shop
iamnotrockabilly
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2008 10:19:27 PM »

hi.

my man and i do not have all the music planned but what we do have set is:

We hired a mariachi band to play as we enter the reception site as the new Mr and Mrs. (and they are going to play through-out the night since we have them for about 2 hours)
&
Our first dance song is Best Friend by 7 seconds

That is all. Cant wait.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
thekster
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2008 01:43:15 PM »

I want to walk down the aisle to The Flower Duet from Lakme sung by Charlotte Church. My FH and I don't really have a "song" unless you just wanna count the first song we listened to, which I think was Caress Me Down by Sublime, which would be very inappropriate for a wedding, I think haha. We'll probably go with a Beatles or Red Hot Chili Pepper song (wayyyy, different, I know.) We won't have a father-daughter dance, since my father passed away, but I don't know if we'll have a mother-son/mother-daughter dance. Haven't even looked into that one yet.
I just tried to make a playlist yesterday and failed miserably. Hoping to try it again tonight or tomorrow, when I have more time to spend. 
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008 01:45:17 PM by thekster » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
FairyFemme

Avoiding the temptation to join another swap!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2008 01:59:42 PM »

Black Celebration, Depeche Mode = our wedding march
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The reward for conformity was that everyone liked you except yourself.
--Rita Mae Brown, Venus Envy

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
--Martin Luther King Jr., Letter from Birmingham Jail, April 16, 1963
psycholupine
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2008 07:02:35 PM »

My walking down the aisle song was "Fields of Gold" by Sting, just instrumental. The lyrics are so beautiful I wish now that I'd had a vocalist.

Our first dance song was "Cowboy take me away" (Dixie Chicks) 'cause my husband is a cowboy, and that's how I felt about him.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
artist.nerd.musiclover
wanna-be graphic designer

"Peace, love, and math!" ~David Krumholtz

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2008 02:15:38 PM »

Awesome songs!  Makes me want to get married... even though I'm just graduating from high school.   Grin Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Easy Framing Tips
How to Arrange Flowers Like a Pro
Creative Baby Shower Card Styles
All That Glitters: The History of Shiny Things
How to Crochet a Basket Weave Stitch
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...