A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,219
Currently Running With Scissors:
685 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HEY EVERYBODY! Post your Wedding Song  (Read 6298 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

amybarnett
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2008 09:02:54 PM »

We incorporated songs that truly represented us as a couple. And we didn't dance. At all. We figured-if ritualistic booty shaking is important to a couple then totally go for it. It was unimportant and uncomfortable to us so we decided to spend one on one time together and with family.

To each their own...... Wink

But our favorite wedding songs were

Island in the Sun (weezer)
Stickshifts and Safety belts (cake)
The way you make me feel (Michael Jackson)
Somewhere Over the Rainbow (Israel Kamakawiwo'ole)

And as a classy background "cocktail hour" feel-Try the Pink Martinis-they are the most awesome band EVER..............ever.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
M Fox
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2008 09:56:49 PM »

Our song was "(Something's telling me) It Might Be You" by Stephen Bishop.
We had a dj, with vinyl!
We did the cake cutting to Neil Diamond's "Forever in Blue Jeans"
A friend played a keyboard for the wedding march and through in an Irish jig.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dem

I love yarn ever so much.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2008 01:36:28 PM »

I think my favorite wedding song is:

"Till There Was You" from The Music Man.

the Beatles version is also quite nice.

It was my parents wedding song.
Would it be weird to use it also?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Raine_Dementia
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2008 04:03:08 PM »

Ooh! Thanks for reminding me. I knew there was another musical I needed songs from.

My fiancee was in Footloose his graduating year, so I grabbed "Almost Paradise" even though he was actually playing the Preacher, not the young guy. I forgot to grab that song from the music man, though.

You know, someone should really make this thread a sticky.

Edit: "Goodnight, my someone" is also a pretty song from that musical.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008 04:06:54 PM by Raine_Dementia » THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you want rainbows, you must learn to live with the rain.
bethrachel

Gettin' hitched!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2008 10:44:39 AM »

We're having a good friend who's an amazing folk singer-songwriter play "All I Want is You" by Barry Louis Polisar (it's the opening song from JUNO) when my to be hubby walks down the isle with his Mom and then he's going to be playing an instrumental song called "Mexico" that he wrote when I walk down the isle with my parents. We haven't quite decide on a recessional song yet. Maybe something by Gillian Welch?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work: you don't give up." -Anne Lamott
kirastorm
storms of creativity

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2008 07:26:12 PM »

i walked in to 'everything i do' which was settled, i wanted "anemeris's letter"  from aida, but our pianist had never heard of it and we couldn't find the music.

my aunt sang the rose, which was her choice, we didn't get one. but she was free and good, so i didn't mind.

our first dance was 'one thing' by finger 11.

we are getting remarried in august (for legal reasons) and if i can find the music from aida on piano, it'll be played as i walk in. we'll dance to finger 11 again, if the guests demand it. (beach wedding, so no dancing really)

oddly. it is our fourth anniversary today
THIS ROCKS   Logged

living with an inferno doesn't mean it has to swallow you whole, you just have to know when to feed the flames.

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=38663
jessvict
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2008 11:03:47 AM »

our song was beautiful tonight -eric clapton
dads song was landslide- fleetwood mac
walkin down the aisle- pachabel's canon

then it was other various 80's and 90's rock songs
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BritneyK
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2008 09:17:58 PM »

My fiance is a musician and was trying to be pretty picky about our first dance, but the poor guy cannot pick a slow song to save his life.
We had decided on "Sparks" by Coldplay, but recently one of our favorite musicians, Derek Webb, released an EP called "Ampersand" that was a compilation with his wife Sandra McCracken. There are two songs I love on there called "Valentine" and "Watch Your Mouth."

If you want to check them out, the album is streamed on derekwebb.com or you can search MySpace's music section for 'Ampersand EP'.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
meg461
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2008 07:07:18 AM »

Our song was "Luckiest" by Ben Folds.  When we were dancing to it though, I couldn't believe how LONG it was!  haha.  Not that I didn't enjoy it, but when everyone's staring at you and you know they want to eat soon, it seems like forever.  I still get a little teary-eyed when I listen to it though. 
For the ceremony we had "Come thou fount of every blessing" play when the grandmothers and moms were being seated and when my DH came down the aisle with the pastor to stand at the front.  Then my aunt who played the organ for the ceremony did a neat thing with Pachabel's canon.  She flipped it so the end was played when the bridesmaids walked down the aisle then went back to the beginning for when I came down the aisle with my dad.  She really did an amazing job with it. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ninipops
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2008 02:53:19 AM »

Fiance and I are getting married in November and so far we only have 2 tunes picked out. We live in Scotland and even though I am Irish we are going the whole nine yards with the Scottish thing. So a friend will be playing Highland Cathedral on the bagpipes when my brother walks me down the aisle (my father passed away when we were kids). I was never really a fan of bagpipe music until I heard this being played at the Edinburgh Tattoo. I used to do first aid there every year and no matter how many times I heard it it would send shivers down my spine. For the main dance we are going to be having a ceilidh so the tunes will pretty much be picked by the band to go with the dances. But for our first dance we will be having 'Life with you' by the Proclaimers. Fiance is a big fan and one of their songs is the anthem for the local football team where we used to live and at whose ground I used to also do first aid while fiance sat in the stand watching the match!

We plan on getting dance lessons but are keeping it a secret so everyone should get quite a shock when we launch into a hopefully impressive display! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I think you should live each day as if it is your last. Thats why I don't have any clean laundry, because, lets face it, who wants to wash clothes on the last day of their life?
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Top Three Sun Hats for Babies
What Clothes to Buy Your Baby Before Knowing the Gender
Three One Piece Ideas for Boys
Three Dresses Ideas for Girls
3 Ideas of Bottoms For Boys
Latest Blog Articles
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...