A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 299,132
Currently Running With Scissors:
633 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 48
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Little Visitor Swap Round 8 Gallery  (Read 51212 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

violette28
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2008 07:27:08 AM »

I will be posting most of the updates in his blog in order to keep some of the pictures a secret. Smiley

Professor Linus has a blog!

May 11
Yesterday Linus and I went to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom with my school choir.
We saw a lot of animals and got to see a whale/ dolphin show.

I did get a few strange looks from my school friends when I took Linus out of my bag, but it was worth it to take this photo: 

May 10
This past weekend, Linus and I went to the local gem fair! We had a great time browsing the isles of beads and various gems.

April 29

This weekend Linus and I paid a visit to a local town, Sebastapol. I danced in a parade and we stopped at the best ice cream place I've ever been to on the way home.

More details in his blog

April 18
Professor Linus arrived today!

He came with his bio, contract, a pair of glasses and a little backpack!

He was quite hungry when he arrived, so I shared a bowl of homemade soup with him. (Its very good!  Wink)

Clearly he was one hungry penguin!

I let him take a nap after that.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2008 07:35:05 PM by violette28 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Wildfyre
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2008 07:38:59 AM »

July 14th
Aria is home!

June 21st - 22nd

We went to Shipwreck Beads! I'm not sure if it's true but they claim to have the worlds largest selection of beads  Grin The store is HUGE, it's basicaly a big warehouse. Andie had a blast and picked out some shiny things to bring home for Talyra  Smiley

Look at the sidewalk!

June 15th

Ack! I'm such a terrible hostess! I haven't posted new pictures in ages!

Today we went to the Northwest's Largest Datsun Show.. actually I heard somewhere it might be the largest Datsun show in the entire US.. but anyway..

It required a 3 hour drive to Canby, Oregon. But it was worth it  Grin

Here Andie is hanging out in the 1st place winner for "Late Model Truck". It's a Datsun NL320 and verrry rare here if anyone cares  Wink And yes, thats the owner posing with her. The wheel is supposed to be off btw.. it's showing off some brakes he fabricated.

Here she is posing with one of my favorite trucks and the trucks owner. It was a runner up this year. It's a Datsun 521

And lastly, on the way home we spotted 'Mater! From the movie Cars  Cool

May 10th

We woke Andie up early this morning..

We headed toward Eatonville, WA and went to Northwest Trek ..

We saw lots of wildlife...

Including two bobcats arguing  Wink

We heard the wolves and coyotes..

And then we saw the wolves Smiley

I'll post more tomorrow.. Smiley

preg_replace('/(.{49})/', '$1 ', '__________________________________________________________________________')

April 27th

We mostly just cleaned up around the house this weekend. A lot of the projects were too messy for Andie to help with. But she did get to ride in the truck while we pruned trees and help my boyfriend spot all the limbs that needed picking up.  Grin

[

preg_replace('/(.{49})/', '$1 ', '________________________________________________________________')

Andie arrived last night!

Her box was a bit battered-

Andie was already meeting the locals -

Our cats Penny and Peaches were obsessed with sniffing her feet for some reason  Huh

preg_replace('/(.{49})/', '$1 ', '_______________________________________________________________________________')

Ok, a picture of Aria before I finished her clothes and gave her a haircut.

I didn't get any pictures of her right before she left though :-( Hopefully she's almost there and Talyra can post pictures once she's arrived Smiley

« Last Edit: July 15, 2008 04:07:13 PM by Wildfyre » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Flickr - bonniemj

My DeviantArt - alaskanwildfyre
FlowerWitch
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2008 07:44:14 AM »

Count Cucumber all packed up with his hostess gifts and ready to go!! I will miss him!
He even got DIY ho a bunch of flowers, such a gent!  Grin

24th April

Mango has arrived!! With lovely hostess presents!!

We are happy to have met!!!

Mango couldnt resist having a go on my crutches!!   Grin

25th April (my b-day!!)

We went out for Chinese buffet, Mango ate loads!!

Then we visited my Mum in hospital, we washed our hands!

Then we kicked Mum out of bed to have a nap!

THE COUNT IS HOME!!!!!!

First of all the awsome package, missing 2 tins of Altoids (BF took a liking to them!!)
Also DIY HO made him a new 'disco' cape, how cool is that?!!

DIY HO fave pic of the count, he does look cute!!  Wink

This is my fave pic of the count, i think he looks really happy (woah! did i just enter nutter-ville??!!)  Cheesy

The count chillin in the shade!

Ok......truth time, you see she made CC a lovely scarf and well, i kinds took a liking to it so now its my bracelet, its cool though!!!  Grin

I feel totally spoiled DIY HO, thank you so much, you were an awsome partner and took really really good care of my little guy! big hug! xxx
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008 08:26:45 AM by FlowerWitch » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists ~ http://www.wists.com/flowerwitch

I am collecting pendants of ANYTHING that people make and think eh? and dont want!
curlygirl75
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2008 08:35:19 AM »

June 20
Sheena and I have been having a lot of fun, but two of my bags went missing at quilt camp! One of them contained the connector cord to my digital camera, so downloading photos has been a challenge.

Sheena is looking forward to going home soon though. I think she's getting a little homesick.

Sheena arrived this week! She was unlucky because I've been feeling crappy, so thus far we've been watching lots of movies and lame stuff on television. I offered to take her to work on Friday, but after my alarm clock went off at 6, she hid under the blanket and said she wanted to sleep in! She promised she'd be in better spirits for work next week.

When she arrived, she brought tons of fun stuff for me! She was definitely welcome. Kishcrafts sent some awesome charms, jewelry and candy. I've been enjoying it all! Here are some pictures.

She was excited to meet some of the family. First, she had to meet Emily, self-proclaimed princess of the jungle. Emily was very jealous of Sheena's pierced ears!

Then she met Martha, who was excited to learn about Sheena's life.

Sheena was a bit nervous about Ally.

But she realized he was a big softy after all.

May 17

Sheena's been having lots of fun! Here are a few pictures from the last week or so.

Before a day at work, we had to get breakfast.

Then we got down to business. Sheena was excited to try her hand (paw?) at writing a news release.

With the weather so nice, we went on a campus tour. Here's the engineering fountain.

Sheena told me she was a sports fan, so here she is at Mackey Arena.

She didn't realize that 22 astronauts attended Purdue, including Neil Armstrong, the first man on the moon. Here, she gets friendly with him.

And then checks out what his footprints were like.

She was excited to see a real moon rock.

But the highlight from last week was definitely during an office supply fair. Who would've guessed that Elvis liked to hang out with Post-Its and highlighters?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008 09:01:51 AM by curlygirl75 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You have to laugh at yourself. You'd cry your eyes out if you didn't."
--- Indigo Girls

Visit my craft blog!
http://fuchsiadreams.blogspot.com/

And etsy shop!
http://curlygirl75.etsy.com
JennyBear
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2008 08:44:30 AM »

Mojen's Trevor in L.A.
Trevor's Blog

Slash! (kinda)

Power Rangers

On our way to work. Sometimes I forget to take the time to appreciate the beautiful views I have on my way to work.

Trevor had to come to work with me today. (Amazing view eh?)

Amigito is on his way to Mojen in London!

It's probably not all the noticeable (i hope) but when I was making the bag it was really late at night and I forgot to check which way I was sewing on the embroidered side. I sewed it on upside down..the flowers were supposed to end up in the lower right-hand corner. Doh!

http://
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008 11:24:54 PM by JennyBear » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sometimes ninjas hide in here.
JadedJenn

Valar morghulis.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2008 08:55:16 AM »

Crash and Rhaegal have become quite good friends. Crash wants to go on a trip too!

Here is a picture of Rhaegal all ready to go (after I convinced Crash the box is too small for him!).

Naga is all packed and ready to go home!

Rhaegal is home from North Carolina!

He brought with him; A new hat for himself and a scarf for me, some very pretty seashells, a crocheted seashell (very awesome!), stickers, a tourist guide, a comic book by Dragonslair's favorite author/artist, a letterboxing stamp, some very cool travel fabric, and a sample of plarn (yarn made from a plastic bag!).

And of course he brought back a very lovely scrapbook!

« Last Edit: July 14, 2008 04:15:22 PM by JadedJenn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Also, I can kill you with my brain."
My Wists
BonBabbu

Times are hard for dreamers

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2008 10:02:29 AM »

Knot is having a great time! Today we got to see the birth of two lovely kittens, sadly one didn't make it but we're sure that the 2nd one will grow up to be a strong and beautiful kitty!

- Finally some pics of knut  Smiley
Me and my Boyfriend had to make little treats for the kids at his work and guess who was a great help? Knut was so sweet to help us!

Because he had been so nice to us he got a little treat Cheesy
You can see him between all the candy bags, it was hard to stay off of them Wink

Last weekend we went to something that was very familiar for Knut but I won't tell what was yet Cheesy We might visit it again for a souvenir and we don't want the souvenir to be spoiled Wink

preg_replace('/(.{49})/', '$1 ', '_____________________________________________________________________')
Estrella got home!
She told me that she had a wonderful time in Sweden, with moawk and that she saw some amazing things!
She brought a lot of lovely goodies with her!

I'll start by showing a pic off the whole package:

You can see the lovely scrapbook , Estrella and her two new friends, Funny shrek ears ( How did you know I like shrek? Cheesy), A recipe for swedish pancakes that I really have to try out!, funny candles of different sorts of fruit, yummie candy, brochures, old advertisements (yay! Cheesy), fossils they found, a handmade keychain and a beautiful drawing that moawk made.

Here's a close up of the drawing:

Sadly the photo doesn't show the details and colours very well

Next: a pic of Estrella with her two new friends, 1st: Estrella 2nd: A gift that moawk got at her graduation, he's wearing a typical swedish graduation hat!, 3th: A doll that moawk made, she's wearing a typical swedish dress, it's beautiful!

A close up of the keychain, fossils, candles and the recipe for the pancakes!

Can't wait to try the recipe out!

Some details of the scrapbook:
It's made very beautiful and it's full of pictures and info about the places they visited and the things they've done. They even had a weird car problem where there was hanging something out of the car that looked like hair, Weird Grin

Thanks you for the exciting swap moawk! I hope Knut will arrive very soon too!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008 10:46:49 AM by BonBabbu » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I do personal swaps!
http://www.wists.com/bonbabbu
RoaneFaery
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2008 10:41:21 AM »

Alistar is home!

thanate made him a robe to go along with his towel.  He is a galatic traveler after all and one must always know where one's towel is.  He's so cute in it!

And he came back with a scarf and a jester's hat from a Renaissance fair.

Here he is showing off his scrapbook/journal.  All of thanate's dolls got together to put it together for him.

And the rest of the goodies he came back with.. postcards, amber candy (with a real bug in it), soup mixes from Amish country, an Alistar sized pack of cards, and honey sticks from the sheep festival.

It looks like Alistar had a great time!

Thanks thanate!  This was a lot of fun!

preg_replace('/(.{49})/', '$1 ', '_________________________________________________________________________')
Alistar is getting excited..

Here is a pic from before he left:

And Rincewind has arrived.

He did remember the wedding gift which was very kind and thoughtful of him. (And a bit unlike him really. I'm a bit worried about opening it.  But the wedding isn't until May)

Very soon after arriving he briefly met one of the local creatures before fleeing and attempting to find a good hiding space.  Once I find him again I'll get a good picture of him in safety.

Poor Rincewind.. once again off on a grand adventure.

Here is Rincewind getting into some dangerous literature.  As much as you might try to keep him safe he always seems to find danger.  Good thing he can run so fast.

He did wonder why I had a history book about his trip into Space. He was glad to see they spelled Wizzard correctly on his helmet however.

Here is is meeting a local.  He was friendly enough but he never did quite know what to talk to girls about.  He is always much happier at the University.

Who knew Rincewind was so strong or could jump so high?  Must be all that running away from things.

After being dragged around and meeting the local creatures Rincewind was happy to find someplace high and safe to hang out like he used to back home.  He even made a friend.  He kept saying he reminded him of someone.

Rincewind and I both survived the wedding and the weird heat wave we had.

And he brought the most amazing wedding gift!  A beautifully embroidered tea towel from the city he comes from - Anhk-Morpork.

We also went to the zoo the other day but I ran out of batteries half way through.  We'll have to go back again.  Here is Rincewind with the elephants.  He seemed unimpressed mumbling something about them being so small...

« Last Edit: July 08, 2008 08:00:22 PM by RoaneFaery » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists
http://www.wists.com/RoaneFaery
Pintrest:
http://pinterest.com/roanefaery/
My Swaps:
Last completed swap: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
thunderchild
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2008 11:39:02 AM »

Here is Hughey ready in his sleeping bag!

Tad has now arrived!!!

He seems to have found Nemo!

And with my son Ben

He is all packed again to go with us on our holiday to Butlins in Skegness!

Hughey was posted out on Friday, so should be there soon xxx

Well we are back from our holiday in Skegness. tad had a great time and really enjoyed himself. I do not want to post the photos tho as I don't want to spoil them for Tad's mommy!!!!

Update:
Well this weekend we went to the local waterpark. We fed the geese, well Tad sat on the bench whilst ben fed the geese behind him. We were a bit worried that the geese would bite him so he sat out of the way. Then we went to the mini train station, they were having a mini steam rally. We took plenty of photos of the engines and Tad to to sit  in the driving seat of the mini steam train. A good day was had by all!

Update:
We went to the Space Centre, not exactly NASA but it was good. Tad became the first penguin on the moon!!!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008 11:50:58 AM by thunderchild » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sam
-x-

Blog: www.knitting-n-stuff.blogspot.com
Wists: http://www.wists.com/Thunderchild

Books availible to swap, any sugestions welcome
21 Sensational Patchwork Bags
21 Terrific Patchwork Bags
Teriffic Totes and Carryalls
Bag Boutique
All in excellent order! Just drop me a PM
KiwiDragons
Get it together!

Stacked Sheep. :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2008 11:56:32 AM »

July 15, 2008 - Machida is Home

In the Box

Packed In

The Goodies

As requested here are some scrapbook pictures-prepare to be jealous of Machida's adventures.

July 7, 2008 - Goodbye Mawson

Well, Mawson is on his way home now. It was really hard to see him go. We had a little going-away party for him though.

We also enjoyed some fireworks, but I didn't get any good pictures. I got some video, but I haven't put that up on the computer yet.

I hope that Mawson has a safe journey home. I'm going to miss him!

Super Mini Gallery - Just click for a bigger photo

Mawson Comes to Missouri-Blog (Huff should not read if she wants to be surprised)

« Last Edit: July 15, 2008 07:56:15 PM by KiwiDragons - Reason: scrapbook photos » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists

Little Visitor Adventures
Charlie in MO
Zazie in Canada
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 48 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Secret to Self-Tanning Like a Pro
Makeup Expert: How to Properly Organize Your Cosmetic Bag
5 Ways to Spoil Your Man This Holiday Season
3 Life-Changing Beauty Hacks to Use Right Now
Top 10 New Eye Makeup Products
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...