A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 298,061
Currently Running With Scissors:
733 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A gallery for a swap for knitters!!!  (Read 9740 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

devotedplanet
« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2008 11:48:38 AM »

I got my wonderful package from the lovely kathleenalice today!!!

First of all, I got... YARN! Tons of wonderful, fluffy, awesome yarn, including some handspun:

She included acrylic, and omg, I did not know acrylic could be so soft and gorgeous. I cannot wait to knit with this - it looks and feels fantastic. I think I'm going to use it for a shrug or cardigan for my daughter. My husband was so happy, he was like "Does this mean I don't have to buy you yarn for the next few years?"

I also got the most ADORABLE little pouch, full of lots of goodies, like row counters, which I have seriously needed for a long time.

This is the lining in the pouch:
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=133645&ppuser=109215
I LOVE the fabric.

She got me some needles and crochet hooks:

Annnnd, my most favorite, this kickass embroidered patch:
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=133643
I love the way the yarn ball looks and just the entire thing.

Thank you so much for the fantastic package!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
brideOFkniterstein

Veni, Vidi, Velcro. I came, I saw, I stuck around

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2008 12:14:39 PM »

an eraser in the uk is a rubber - & since i was at primary school (& thats a long time ago, i am 41!) - kids have taken great delight in saying things along the lines of....' pass me your rubber, johnny' !

(a rubber johnny was always the slang term for a condom here, but i never hear it anymore, seems to be fading out a bit)

its like fanny pack/ fanny bag - thats hilarious, because over here your fanny is most definitely NOT your bum!

language is such a funny and "alive" thing.

we have the same issues in Spanish... depending on which country you from you might call a bug a penis or my might say that you're having sex with something that you're actually receiving.

i love it!!!

wonderful packages everyone!!!!

can't wait to post my own pictures
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm down with Personal Swaps
My Wist

BRIDES-TO-BE: i have wedding stuff i would love to swap away. pm me for list of items!
mommy2tnk

Good is Best's Worst Enemy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2008 03:46:12 PM »

I got my package in the mail today from sunspotted - boy did she spoil me. I had total swap anxiety before and now it's totally in full effect after receiving my package. Thank you Allison - it's been an awesome swap with you!!

On to the loot:

Here's an overview of everything. Tons of yarn, dpns, easy patterns, a handmade felted project tote, and candy for my kiddos!

Here's a close up of the Canadian Smarties that she packaged for the kids:

And finally, new DPNs:

Thank you sunspotted, you were a great swap partner!!

Andrea
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TAOJ

eating my strawberries

« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2008 03:58:26 PM »

All these package are so great! All the yummy yarn  Grin  I have swap anxiety as dragonflyducky is such an awesome partner and I hope my package can live up to everyone elses, I know it won't come close to hers!

Smarties are really popular here for little kids, its what I've used to potty train my kids   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sunspotted
« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2008 04:15:22 PM »

Smarties are the potty training treat of choice in Canada.  Not that you see that in the ads, but....  Smiley

I'm glad you like everything mommy2tnk.  That basket was my first felting project and I am now in love with felting.  IN LOVE.  I'm going to be felting everything I can get my hands on. 

Everything in this gallery has been gorgeous.  I have about 40,000 skeins of yarn in my stash, but that doesn't stop me from lusting after everything I see here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Need something crocheted?  I'll swap amis, afghans, shawls or whatever for a box of yarn.  Smiley
kathleenalice
« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2008 05:06:02 PM »

Yay! It got to you OK! And I'm so glad you like it. Hopefully that'll fill some of the holes in your stash.  Wink

Oh, and I'm a total James C Brett evangelist. It's such amazing stuff, and it wears and washes so well - kinda important with kids. The Magi-knit makes the most awesome patterns too. I just can't believe it's not more popular.

The patch was inspired by this:

http://www.goodcleanfun.net/DaveAttonito/TATTOOS/knit.jpg

And the font is from dafont.com. Hope you find a good use for it!  Grin

Oh, mommy2tnk - Boye DPNs?! I'm sooooo jealous.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

oneredboot
« Reply #76 on: May 15, 2008 07:30:36 AM »

Star217 sent me a fabulous package!  She included a gorgeous lavendar batt (which I'll save til I'm a better spinner!), some brown-and-multi-colored thick and thin handspun, a skein of soy silk (so soft!), lovely rainbow-colored sock yarn, a little pouch for holding sock projects, orange-slice stitch markers that she made herself! and an "I love yarn" pin from etsy.  I love everything and can't believe how beautiful her work is.  She makes such beautiful handspun!  The photo doesn't capture it's wonderfulness.  Thank you so much, star217!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
dragonflyducky
easily distracted

ooooooooh!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #77 on: May 15, 2008 09:22:01 AM »

All these package are so great! All the yummy yarn  Grin  I have swap anxiety as dragonflyducky is such an awesome partner and I hope my package can live up to everyone elses, I know it won't come close to hers!

Smarties are really popular here for little kids, its what I've used to potty train my kids   Cheesy

You silly head! ( as my kids would say Grin)
I'm so impatient for my package to be received....does Canada Post still use ponies?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TAOJ

eating my strawberries

« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2008 09:37:39 AM »

You silly head! ( as my kids would say Grin)
I'm so impatient for my package to be received....does Canada Post still use ponies?

no ponies, but maybe dinosaurs  Cheesy  I live on an island on the east coast and it seems to take forever to get things in and out of here! I'm anxious for you to receive your package as well!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Avi
« Reply #79 on: May 16, 2008 07:50:03 AM »

my package from brideOFkniterstein- i love everything!

a knitting gauge, a cute little blue and grey skein of yarn keychain, and a fold-out ruler

two stitch holders, DPNs, 3 homemade bobbins with pink, blue, and green yarns, a vanilla candle (smells so good!), and i forget what the red thing is called XD

a yarn holder made from a peanut butter jar - so cool! the front says under control with a picture of a ball of yarn

stitch markers! the first ones she's made, they're so pretty Smiley

gorgeous green and brown felted bag, I love it!

4 skeins of yarn Smiley

I was so spoiled - thank you so much bride! I loved everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Beauty Prep School: DIY Soft-Hand Scrub
The 7 Makeup Brushes Every Woman Needs
Beauty Test Lab: Nu Face Eye Lift
How to Apply Fake Eyelashes
Does This Eyelash Curler Work For Almond-Shaped Eyes?
Latest Blog Articles
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...